What's new

Pakistan not responsible for failure in Afghanistan: McCain

It always surprises me how nonchalant Pakistanis are about supporting Taliban in Afghanistan yet feel violated and betrayed when they don't find Afghans welcoming them with open arms as their 'brothers'. More so, their cries for revenge against India and Afghanistan for supporting Pakistani Taliban that too without having produced a single smoking gun to boot while their is plenty available evidence from Pakistani sources themselves as to how Pakistan supports insurgencies in both the countries.

Open visa policies for Afghans in India? Come on show them your brotherhood Indian. :rofl:

Ok that was more an emotional response to my arguments than one based on objectivity :)

Tali foot soldiers are taken out in droves and if any Talis leadership crosses over to AF they are taken out in a matter of hours if not days, the issue is that the command and control are in Pakistan.
Then accepting the Durand line as an international border and fencing it and securing it is all what needs to be done.
All the Afghans must go back and there must be a strict check and balance to avoid the miscreants to enter Afghanistan.

Can you give some concrete examples of how Pakistan has outflanked India vis-a-vis its relations with the US in the recent past.?

I for one disagree with your argumentation, as there are no permanent allies or foes in geo-policies, with US relations being normalized with Iran, India coming as global power, Afghanistan as US alley, Pakistan increasingly going towards China, I foresee rapidly changing geo political considerations, how much Pakistan weighs in US calculations is being over estimated in your calculus. If the F16 and NSG sagas be as an example of things to come, I think Pakistan's leverage vis-a-vis the US probably in the going down trajectory.

Anyways this is my understanding of the situation, maybe I have got it completely wrong :)

Pakistan is not increasingly going towards China, we have always been with them for decades and with changing world policies we are also getting closer with Russia as couple of years ago they lifted a cold war era arms embargo with us and we are now currently beginning to have a military.relationship with them as well, the more Pakistan and US relations distances and the more India gets closer to the US and Israel the more we will move closer to the Chinese, Russian block.

And our relations with Turkey dates back to even before our independence, it doesn't matter in which block both Turkey and Pakistan are, we will always have good brotherly relationship, Turkey's adamant refusal to allows India's access to the NSG, Pakistan possibly in the works to mend ties between Turkey and Russia, as both of their defense delegates recently visited Pakistan and possibly, hopefully Turkey and Russia both becoming part of the CPEC, Pakistan will always have good strong and capable allies and frankly we don't need the US as much as they need us.

Can you give some concrete examples of how Pakistan has outflanked India vis-a-vis its relations with the US in the recent past.?

I for one disagree with your argumentation, as there are no permanent allies or foes in geo-policies, with US relations being normalized with Iran, India coming as global power, Afghanistan as US alley, Pakistan increasingly going towards China, I foresee rapidly changing geo political considerations, how much Pakistan weighs in US calculations is being over estimated in your calculus. If the F16 and NSG sagas be as an example of things to come, I think Pakistan's leverage vis-a-vis the US probably in the going down trajectory.

Anyways this is my understanding of the situation, maybe I have got it completely wrong :)

Pakistan is not China :)
The USA abandoned Pak and 9/11 happened which can be termed as the final turn toward the decay of the West and the rise of China. When distant stars die it takes a few light years to make it visible in the earth..

Last edited by a moderator:
US relations being normalized with Iran,
Never gonna happen until 1) Ayatollahs disappear from Iran or 2) Powerful Israeli lobby disappears from the US.

India coming as global power
Not with these stats, not ever after our life time:
  • 50% of Indians don’t have proper shelter;
  • 70% don’t have access to decent toilets (which inspires a multitude of bacteria to host their own disease party);
  • 35% of households don’t have a nearby water source;
  • 85% of villages don’t have a secondary school (how can this be the same government claiming 9% annual growth?);
  • Over 40% of these same villages don’t have proper roads connecting them
India is heavily dependent on other countries for defence hardware. These are just few things. Considering the overall potential, Pakistan has more chances of becoming a global power than India.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/asia/india-poor-census-secc/

Afghanistan as US alley,

Where did you get that? Afghanistan is more like an US outpost that is overtaken by force. Karzi and Ghani are like paid employees, just like any other Afghan labouring on US FOBs in Afghanistan. Even people in Kabul knows well, if push comes to shove (and even expressed their concern) that US is selling Afghanistan to ISI and bailing out.

Pakistan increasingly going towards China
Nothing new, it was always like that. Infact it gives Pakistan more leverage on international level.

I foresee rapidly changing geo political considerations, how much Pakistan weighs in US calculations is being over estimated in your calculus. If the F16 and NSG sagas be as an example of things to come, I think Pakistan's leverage vis-a-vis the US probably in the going down trajectory.
Pakistani influence in the region, strategic location for Russia china and Stan countries, Influence in the muslim world and links with oil rich GCC countries. I think there is a reason that despite after all the blame game, US is renaming CSF and has another aid package for Pakistan. Remember, when ever McCain "The old wise friendly grandpa" is launched, he often lands with promises and aids.

That won't be enough to convince Afghanistan whose foundation is built to demonize non-pukhtoon, and being the first nation, never mind the Muslim nation, to oppose the creation of Pakistan. As the history is any indicator, Pakistan will never be appreciated.

Since there is no border controlled which Pakistan is fighting hard championing for border while Afghanistan being front-runner to oppose the border line citing Durand line. In result, the terrorism cannot be eradicated overnight as the border with no controlled security measure will be used at platform for terrorists who use it to purport their mission.

Afghanistan is to be blame for everything, i mean everything. Afghanistan is against the border, providing safe heaven for TTP legally as confirmed by Afghan Intel security, and collaborating with RAW agency as the evidence in the recent investigation in Pakistan points out. Basically, Afghanistan is doing this on purpose while wanting to blame Pakistan for some one else's wrong doing. That is the mark of the action motivated by hatred.

Afghanistan hatred for Pakistan has left Afghanistan blind and sealed its own fate, and it is determined to drag Pakistan along to their mess which they don't realize they need Pakistan to immigrate to the world already housing more than 3 million Afghan refugees.

Afghanistan is the hopeless case. Sooner or later, Zarb-e-Azb mission will have to be dragged to Afghanistan since Afghanistan has fully intention to promote terrorism to harm Pakistan, and to the extent, they are clearly licking on the dirty feet of Indians and they are proud of that - at once time they conquered Indians. What a fallen Afghanistan we have now, hopeless backward nation. :(

I for one think that Afghans would be naive to put all their dirty laundry in the GHQ's basket, since issues like corruption, nepotism are not the creations of the GHQ but internal Afghan problems. Furthermore issues such as cross border terrorism, suicide bombings, beheading etc are of course done via GHQ proxies and there is no doubt where they get their trainings, funding and logistics.

As for what Senator John McCain statement's I see it more a reflection of US internal politics aka democrats vs republicans than GHQ's policies vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

PS : Mullah Mansoor was found in Baluchistan, Mullah Omar was treated in Karachi and current Tali head honcho is in Quetta and not in the backyard of Obama.

/Peace

I think you nailed it.

The one improvement is that McCain is not always a 100% democrat vs republican kind of partisan guy though the behavior Trump and certain other republicans is bound to have cheesed him of. He is also mostly sane (with exceptions) but can be short sighted at times. terms like giving a clean chit to Pak is simpy not possible - I suspect those are the correspondent's words twisting whatever McCain said

It is definitely your country Mr. McCain which is behind every war in the world.

Back
Top Bottom