What's new

pakistan new AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM procurement

Chinese who Else... We can try to get Sams from Italy Aster 30 i know it's co developed by UK and France but still we can try to get Patriot from US

But Chinese is the easiest Option
The US is probably never going to give us the Patriot platform, Aster 30 is also unlikely, the only option we have at the moment are the Chinese and in the not so near future the Russians

The US is probably never going to give us the Patriot platform, Aster 30 is also unlikely, the only option we have at the moment are the Chinese and in the not so near future the Russians
Italy has offered us Aster the only question is weather we have money or not and I think Aster would come.

Pakistan will receive first battery of LY-80 LOMADS (Low and Medium Altitude Air Defense System) from china by the end of this year, The contract was signed in 2012 or 2013 worth $ 300 Million USD for the delivery of 8 IBIS-150Ad Radars and 3 Batteries each battery contains eight launchers, paymet was made by Pakistan in 2014....

The System Specs are,
• Each Launcher contains Six Launching Tubes
• Max Radar Range 140km
• Min & Max Altitude 5m to 20km
• Min & Max Missile range 3 km to 50km
• Speed Mach 3

https://www.facebook.com/Strategical.journal/?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1463244582404715

Pakistan will receive first battery of LY-80 LOMADS (Low and Medium Altitude Air Defense System) from china by the end of this year, The contract was signed in 2012 or 2013 worth $ 300 Million USD for the delivery of 8 IBIS-150Ad Radars and 3 Batteries each battery contains eight launchers, paymet was made by Pakistan in 2014....

The System Specs are,
• Each Launcher contains Six Launching Tubes
• Max Radar Range 140km
• Min & Max Altitude 5m to 20km
• Min & Max Missile range 3 km to 50km
• Speed Mach 3

https://www.facebook.com/Strategical.journal/?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1463244582404715

Can it intercept bm and cm???

Well it would be done eventually because now we are left with no other choice.

I wouldn't be so sure. IF we were "THAT" capable, we wouldn't be in the mess, that we are in today. Or maybe you have some insider info I don't ?

The Russians will never give such systems to Pakistan, India already operates them. The only options are the Aster and Chinese option.

How many hq-9s we have???
Do china has any sam equivalent of US THAAD???

HQ-19, HQ-26 and HQ-29. Make Your own choice.

I hope China can be more open with its systems. :D

By the way, the current iteration of the HQ-9 series, the HQ-9B, is pretty good.

PAC is anti-missile specific. Its small warhead, while making the missile compact, is only really effective against small targets. The US enjoys air superiority and hence no need for air defence in the traditional sence of the phrase.

For a system that dealS with both aircraft and missile, you need systems other than the Patriot.

The Russians will never give such systems to Pakistan, India already operates them. The only options are the Aster and Chinese option.

indians don't operate any Russian AD systems.

Russia "might" sell us the S-300 as it is a defensive weapon.., they are already offering SUs & MI.. Pantsirs etc...

The Chinese option regardless is the best., their systems rival the S-300 or should I say are superior if they specs are to be believed...

HQ-19, HQ-26 and HQ-29. Make Your own choice.

I hope China can be more open with its systems. :D

By the way, the current iteration of the HQ-9 series, the HQ-9B, is pretty good.

PAC is anti-missile specific. Its small warhead, while making the missile compact, is only really effective against small targets. The US enjoys air superiority and hence no need for air defence in the traditional sence of the phrase.

For a system that dealS with both aircraft and missile, you need systems other than the Patriot.
Hey if you have such capable and lethal systems why you are buying s-400???
And can you give me specifications of most lethal chinese system and will it be available for us???

Our these systems going to supplement the existing Spada that we have?
On a side note what about high altitude targets? Dont we need HQ-9 for that?

So we should directly go for hq-19 instead of less capable systems
It will also help to counter indian missile threat
Btw can you share specifications of both systems???
Why China is still making HQ9 when they can make HQ19 themselves? What about J10, J11 and J16 when J20 and J31 can be made available. Different systems have different jobs/roles in combat and that is why HQ9 is still operational.

Personally i will like nothing more then Pakistan to keep going for HQ16 for now. Not even HQ9. Buy few more HQ16, complete a good medium tire of ground based air defense. Once that is completed, ONLY then we should move to higher altitude and longer range system or the first tire of air defense in shape of longer range SAM. Not before a good second tire is in place. That may leave us relatively vulnerable for time begin but once we are done with whole process we will have a GREAT SAM system in place.

my understanding (which may be wrong) we are getting this system under Licence production agreement
If so, then the 8 radars MAY make some sense. A possibility can be that we are getting the missile system under license production agreement but not the radars. So we did bought 8 radars and are now making missiles to induct 8 batteries, each guided by one radar and containing 4 to 5 launch vehicles. IF SO THAT IS GREAT. Will give an adequate medium level air defense system.

NOTE: This is all speculation and is not backed by any source or information. Nothing to take very seriously!! :)

BUT STILL:
This includes joint production of LY-80 surface-to-air missile systems, F-22P frigates with helicopters, main battle tanks, air-to-air missiles, and anti-ship cruise missiles. In June 2014, Pakistan started co-producing the first two of 50 Block 2 JF-17s, which is an upgraded version of the Block I JF-17, the report adds.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1258570/china-may-seek-base-in-pakistan-other-countries-says-pentagon

@HRK

HQ-16 is not product of CASIC

By the way, I remember about one year ago, there were rumors said that Pakistan was negotiating with China for FK-3 on this forum.
They must be just rumors sir. Going for KS-1 wont make much sense considering the alternate option Pakistan may get from China. Also with HQ16 inducted, the next step will be to get a longer range higher altitude system.

Last edited:
Can it intercept bm and cm???
The HQ16A (LY-80) missile can intercept an aerial flying target from an 15 m to 18 km of altitude, while its maximum interception range for combat aircraft is 40km, and between 3.5 km and 12 km for cruise missiles flying at an altitude of 50 meters at a speed of 300 meters/second. Single-shot kill probability is a claimed figure of 85 per cent against combat aircraft, and 60 per cent against cruise missiles. The missile guidance system is of the composite type, comprising initial independent inertial guidance and intermittent illumination and semi-active homing terminal guidance.

Back
Top Bottom