What's new

pakistan new AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM procurement

I hope it is about more HQ16 and not HQ9.
We need to complete what we have started before moving to the next step, that makes much more sense then procuring three four batteries of different missile systems. HQ16 is an excellent choice for the medium tire air defense system and we do not have any where near enough number of this. We need to procure more HQ16, make a good medium tire air defense system and then more to longer range is possible to form another blanket of land based air defense system. That will be much more TRUST WORTHY and reliable setup rather then inducting a couple of batteries of different missile systems.

Regarding the LY80 procurement, here is the report that have been circulating around for over a year now:

View attachment 305068 This indicates the number of LY80 procured as 3. Now we know that this is three batteries. The next thing was the confusion about the "batteries" The number of radars procured indicates that there are about three to four launch vehicle per battery. Originally a single radar/command and control vehicle can control four launch vehicles to form one air defense battery. However given our resources, it seems likely that we not put them all in one position rather the systems is scattered over a wider areas with the radars controlling lesser number of launch vehicles and deployed in a wider area. For example, a radar controlling one or two launch vehicle means these 8 radars can be deployed with missiles at 8 different points rather then 3 radars each controlling 4 vehicles and deployed at three different points. I am not sure what else could be the role of these 8 radars if we are to operate only three batteries of LY80/ What are the other 5 radars for?
We may never know for sure what it is but i would say that it is safe to assume that we do have 12 to 14 launch vehicles.

Sir jee Post 31# may answer your concern better :) if the link to be believed ..

They have entered mass production

Source Janab ??

8 F16s with all required equipment cost Pakistan 952 million dollars and if Pakistan can Purchase HQ9 updated one it will cost 130 million dollar per system it mean Pakistan can get 7 such systems for 910 million and each system consist of 8 launchers so 7*8 = 56 launcher can defeat 8 f16s or f16s will defeat 56 launchers in real fight which option best go for that.

Last edited:
8 F16s with all required equipment cost Pakistan 952 million dollars and if Pakistan can Purchase HQ9 updated one it will cost 130 million dollar per system it mean Pakistan can get 7 such systems for 910 million and each system consist of 8 launchers so 7*8 = 56 launcher can defeat 8 f16s or f16s will defeat 56 launchers in real fight which option best go for that.
F16 can serve defesive or offensive roles but HQ series can only serve defence role...

F16 can serve defesive or offensive roles but HQ series can only serve defence role...

that's actually not 100 percent true. due to its ranged and being a mobile plateform, it can provide air defence cover for advancing armor columns, thus HQ9 is classified as offensive weapon. but yeah f16s are not the kind of thing you right off completely, but 8 is a small number and price per unit is too high, and strings are attached with maintenance....

personally I would look for alternatives even if f16s are given totally free. cause their life long maintenance means our airforce would be again sanction prone...

Deal signed in 2014. Delivery will start from this year or early next year.

Lambi phenknay ki adaat hai babajee ko.

Who knows .. Even if they are already in service .. PA doesn't boast about purchases and rarely reveals new systems.. Panter,SH-1,A-100,AK-I and many more..

And if the article pointed towards the LY-80 (which were alread bought)... There wouldn't be any need of ;

He said that the decision for induction of Air Defence System in Pakistan by CPMIEC would be finalised after receipt of complete proposal from the Chinese side
what would be the choice for pa

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-new-air-defence-system-procurement.430433/#ixzz48e8JxFVE

What about indigenous systems ?

What about indigenous systems ?

I have heard Pakistan is testing various Air Defence systems as we speak. One of them is Pantsir S2 and one is from Ukraine don't know about others
Specifications of pantsyr S-2???

that's actually not 100 percent true. due to its ranged and being a mobile plateform, it can provide air defence cover for advancing armor columns, thus HQ9 is classified as offensive weapon. but yeah f16s are not the kind of thing you right off completely, but 8 is a small number and price per unit is too high, and strings are attached with maintenance....

personally I would look for alternatives even if f16s are given totally free. cause their life long maintenance means our airforce would be again sanction prone...
not only 8 but add on existing 24 which makes full blk 52+ sqrd

time to work on our own laser systems for air defence of cities. its without any doubt the future.

my understanding (which may be wrong) we are getting this system under Licence production agreement
Sir-Do you really think that Pak has infrastructure to built entire SAM system even license based,
As in the past the only Manpads developed by Pak are Anza-Mk1 and Mk2. Not even heard any thing about Anza Mk-3.

Sir-Do you really think that Pak has infrastructure to built entire SAM system even license based,
As in the past the only Manpads developed by Pak are Anza-Mk1 and Mk2. Not even heard any thing about Anza Mk-3.

Two things
1- Infrastructure: nothing in particular but 'Basic' is there ....

2- License production: it is not something confirm its just my understanding (which have higher chances of being wrong)

Back
Top Bottom