What's new

pakistan new AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM procurement

Something is better than nothing

:yes4:
If this is true than i think 3 will make some difference, but more required ..

A battery of FD-2000 consists:
- 1 Command and coordination vehicle
- 6 Command and Control vehicle
- 6 Target designation radar
- 6 guidance radar vehicle
- 48 Missile launching vehicle
- 198 missile in conatiner
- 1 set of positioning and orientation vehicle
- 1 set of communication vehicle
- 1 set of power supply vehicle
- 1 set of support equipment

http://www.armyrecognition.com/chin...data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video.html

In terms of SAMs its pretty safe to assume Pakistan is fielding units which are not revealed to the public. It was only through the 23rd March parade that we found out FM-90 is inducted and in operation. Might irritate the fanboys but secrecy or keeping a tight lid on information is a very smart move by Pakistani's military planners. Only information is revealed at final moments or if absolutely need to reveal.

PARADE-6.jpg

FM 90 is already procured and showed publically while HQ 16 contract was done done two years back not sure they been delivered yet or coming soon.

New proposal cant be about HQ 16 (LY 80), it must be something new to be consider and accepted by Pakistan to purchase.

Logically a higher version of HQ series.
Only one option is left there, HQ 9 (FD 2000) to be offered and purchase.

Reason is quite obvious as enemy is going for S 400 system, We must need something equivalent at least.

economy is improving with improved security situation. we will buy even rafales we just have to wait 2-3 years atleast.

I hope it is about more HQ16 and not HQ9.
We need to complete what we have started before moving to the next step, that makes much more sense then procuring three four batteries of different missile systems. HQ16 is an excellent choice for the medium tire air defense system and we do not have any where near enough number of this. We need to procure more HQ16, make a good medium tire air defense system and then more to longer range is possible to form another blanket of land based air defense system. That will be much more TRUST WORTHY and reliable setup rather then inducting a couple of batteries of different missile systems.

Regarding the LY80 procurement, here is the report that have been circulating around for over a year now:

image.jpeg
This indicates the number of LY80 procured as 3. Now we know that this is three batteries. The next thing was the confusion about the "batteries" The number of radars procured indicates that there are about three to four launch vehicle per battery. Originally a single radar/command and control vehicle can control four launch vehicles to form one air defense battery. However given our resources, it seems likely that we not put them all in one position rather the systems is scattered over a wider areas with the radars controlling lesser number of launch vehicles and deployed in a wider area. For example, a radar controlling one or two launch vehicle means these 8 radars can be deployed with missiles at 8 different points rather then 3 radars each controlling 4 vehicles and deployed at three different points. I am not sure what else could be the role of these 8 radars if we are to operate only three batteries of LY80/ What are the other 5 radars for?
We may never know for sure what it is but i would say that it is safe to assume that we do have 12 to 14 launch vehicles.

Good but need to buy some more from South Africa as well as Italy. How about HISAR A and HISAR O from Turkey.

Turkey has some good products but seems Military is staying away from any purchases from them on purpose. PML (N) is really cozy with the current Turkish government and has been pushing hard for purchases. Till current government is incharge its in my opinion the military will not purchase anything from Turkey as heavy kickbacks and compromises will be involved, the government will not aim for a favorable deal.

High Altitude SAMs will likely be from China only.

Pakistan needs t 6 battalions of FD-2000

that's 36 launchers with 4 missiles each for 144 missiles add enough for two reloads and that's 432 long range missiles :butcher:

how much would that cost?? surely more than $1 billion dollars

Pakistan needs t 6 battalions of FD-2000

that's 36 launchers with 4 missiles each for 144 missiles add enough for two reloads and that's 432 long range missiles :butcher:

how much would that cost?? surely more than $1 billion dollars
How many FD-2000 batteries are required to cover pakistans whole air space???
And much they will cost???

Last edited:
Good but need to buy some more from South Africa as well as Italy. How about HISAR A and HISAR O from Turkey.
HIsar A and Hisar O essentially offer nothing more then what we can get from FM90 and LY80 so it will be better to stick to a single missile system, procure that is good numbers, try to get local manufacturing of missiles. The additionally advantage that Chinese systems will give is there relatively greater know how of the SAMs (specially if we consider the Russian connection) and a wide range of different missiles systems to select from. We can get (when we need and afford to) from the same source, all the components to make up a sound three tire air defense system along with some good anti-radiation missiles etc. That will take YEARS but still. Investing more in the same LY80 can help us form a medium range air defense shield at key locations at least.

Not to forget that the Turks themselves are interested in Chinese air defense systems and the HQ9 won in competition with US Patriot missile, European Aster 30 and Russian S400. The deal was scrapped later only under political pressure from NATO and US.

HQ-16A dubbed LY-80 is a good medium SAM and should be upgraded TO BUK 3 standard by our own Engineers. We need a low to high coverage depending upon regions and bases. This will enable us to work internally on our own SAM production for longer range.

I can read some of the commentary above, but don't understand majority of it. But I can sense it its about my post. But its fine. I've not written anything on here that hasn't come to reality before.

I never told you to "accept" it. What if I told you there is ONE battery of HQ-9 already existing? And gave you its location too?? :lol: :enjoy:. I don't write bullshiit. Nor am I a "leak guy" like the Panama leaks. We are on a topic and I told you what I know. So don't take my word for it. One day, you'll find out.

On the confirmation part, you won't get one. I would be VERY surprised if you got one unless there was a need to announce it in the next few years. One of these days after 2018, something might happen, and just like Babar, it will be announced. Just the way how Pakistan works in terms of announcing the "indigenous capability :rofl:". Heard it all WAY too many times :enjoy:
Viper is right, HQ-9/HQ-9s is/are guarding extremely sensitive areas right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom