What's new

Pakistan needs to focus & spend more on its education sector which is lagging behind.

In Pakistan the focus is not on education or learning but on achieving high marks regardless of understanding of the concept.
You can spend as much as you like nothing will change unless the mindset changes

Overpopulation is a guarantee of poor quality, and rapidly falling quality at that.
China and India disagree, they are probably worse than Pakistan in this regard but they aren't the ones with failing institutions and close to bankruptcy

Look at the overpopulation in China and India, yet they are nowhere near as bad as Pakistan.

What does looking at population in other countries prove anything about Pakistan's population? My comment that you quoted is relevant to Pakistan.

China and India disagree, they are probably worse than Pakistan in this regard but they aren't the ones with failing institutions and close to bankruptcy

If they are worse, then it is their problem. Why would anyone try to take their example and apply it to Pakistan? Let them worry about their population and let Pakistan worry about its own.

But the existence and status of those nations disprove your point regarding pakistan's population size...

An effort must be made, I think the religion card is very overplayed here, people in Pakistan take drugs, drink, having relationships quite openly sometimes in certain areas. Their religion only comes in certain circumstances. I don't see how religion here is directly affecting the education aspect.

How does it prevent quality education? I think with more focus on spending we will see a difference.
Religious guidelines are extremely selective in Pakistan anyway - because their hypocrisy with it is nearly unmatched. Adulterated Religious doctrines guide overpopulation, lack of education for women, dismissal of certain scientific truths and so on.

Unless the mullah and feudal is cut down the same way they were in other societies that forced the separation of church and institutions - nothing will become of Pakistan. It sounds extreme but you are already at near terminal leprosy as a state and nation - unless drastic action is taken - all we have is just sweet plans.

pakistan needs to do russian kgb style influence, make your molvis into your agents who will tell the masses that in islam its vital to get an education that too in high quality areas. promote meritocracy. maybe it be easier to say allah will punish you in hell if you dont try get an education. i prefer pakitan just imports factories over from abroad and training centers to train up ppl for skilled work. russian and germans imported factories over and now are set up.

What does looking at population in other countries prove anything about Pakistan's population? My comment that you quoted is relevant to Pakistan.

If they are worse, then it is their problem. Why would anyone try to take their example and apply it to Pakistan? Let them worry about their population and let Pakistan worry about its own.
If only one could remove this cultural cancer from Pakistan - “Look at them: compare to that: Im not so bad: it works for then”

Because you claim overpopulation is a guarantee of X

But you've been given examples of nations with overpopulation where X does not exist.

So your claim is wrong.

If only one could remove this cultural cancer from Pakistan - “Look at them: compare to that: Im not so bad: it works for then”

Such whataboutery is merely a coping mechanism, that works only for Pakistanis, but fools no one, and only destroys their own arguments. Pathetic all around.

Because you claim overpopulation is a guarantee of X

But you've been given examples of nations with overpopulation where X does not exist.

So your claim is wrong.

Overpopulation is indeed a guarantee of poor quality of the claimed human resource.

I agree. PTI started to roll out a new single national curriculum where progress would be monitored by international standards.

During the Musharraf era a lot of money was thrown into the HEC, but that all stopped too. Our universities don't produce very many PHDs or quality research.

Most importantly and most easy step we fail on is vocational qualifications.

Our population if properly trained as trades people could earn a very good living in Blue collar jobs abroad and improve the quality of thier families lives back home.
PTI's SNC is even worse than the dogsh*t syllabus that we are currently being taught.

That wasn't really my point.

I was countering this statement specifically:
Overpopulation is a guarantee of poor quality, and rapidly falling quality at that.
I don't see how this can be true when China/India are living examples of it not being true, this only means that the inherent problem in Pakistan's case is something else - perhaps the religious issue you mentioned and other cultural factors. But not overpopulation itself.

pakistan needs to do russian kgb style influence, make your molvis into your agents who will tell the masses that in islam its vital to get an education that too in high quality areas. promote meritocracy. maybe it be easier to say allah will punish you in hell if you dont try get an education. i prefer pakitan just imports factories over from abroad and training centers to train up ppl for skilled work. russian and germans imported factories over and now are set up.
Pakistan already uses it's molvis for some stuff but it doesn't care enough to use them in a capacity which helps the entire nation in general

They should use moulvis to encourage such things - in fact the moulvis should do it out of their own will through common sense

PTI's SNC was even worse than the dogsh*t syllabus that we are currently being taught.
What's bad about it?

I don't see how this can be true when China/India are living examples of it not being true,

Really? China and India have a pretty poor human resource due to overpopulation, although not as bad as Pakistan's, but they are not as overpopulated either, and neither have been effed over by Gen Zia's policies like Pakistan.

Really? China and India have a pretty poor human resource due to overpopulation, although not as bad as Pakistan's, but they are not as overpopulated either, and neither have been effed over by Gen Zia's policies like Pakistan.
India has a higher population density than Pakistan

quality of its human resource is much better

so overpopulation is not excuse here

@ThunderCat You might the population discussion interesting...

Pakistan already uses it's molvis for some stuff but it doesn't care enough to use them in a capacity which helps the entire nation in general

They should use moulvis to encourage such things - in fact the moulvis should do it out of their own will through common sense

What's bad about it?
Bro, read the syllabus and then compare it to British O & A levels and then tell what isn't bad about it. Read the two articles that I have posted down below. I am not a fan of Dawn but they are 100% correct in their criticism of the SNC. The vast majority of the SNC is all about memorization. There's even less focus on science in SNC as compared to the current syllabus. Instead of going all out in the promotion of science, these retards chose to place even lesser emphasis on it. This SNC turned me from a fan of IK to a hater. It is insane to me that a guy who went to Aitchison College and Oxford University endorses this pathic curriculum.

quality of its human resource is much better

Nope. Overall, they are not better in terms of their human resource either.

(and population density is not a good measure either. Hong Kong is very dense but very productive. Somalia is not densely population, or Chad, but starving.)

Pakistan's Baluchistan skews its number hugely.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom