What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

That is why I was with the opinion of instead of going for those two small corvettes from Dutch or other small ships, PN should have go for another 4 054A ships...Total 8 054A would have been good enough to protect about 1000 KM of Pakistan shore line. Probably later try to get 4 052D for naval air defense role.

Mod Edit: Avoid Derailing and rumors.

Last edited:
That is why I was with the opinion of instead of going for those two small corvettes from Dutch or other small ships, PN should have go for another 4 054A ships...Total 8 054A would have been good enough to protect about 1000 KM of Pakistan shore line. Probably later try to get 4 052D for naval air defense role.

P.S.: I was told that China has offered similar very good deal for J10C to PAF if they take out of the box solutions with very minor changes. Price difference with JF17 block III would be marginal but capability wise at least two fold. But PAF is hesitating as it may look bad for JF-17 future.
If true on j10c , paf made a very big mistake

#1 and #2 Type 054P Frigates for Pakistan Navy.
Via @燃烧的哈尔科夫 from Weibo
#China #Pakistan #PakistanNavy
🇵🇰
🇨🇳

1619571427931.png

1619571456654.png

P.S.: I was told that China has offered similar very good deal for J10C to PAF if they take out of the box solutions with very minor changes. Price difference with JF17 block III would be marginal but capability wise at least two fold. But PAF is hesitating as it may look bad for JF-17 future.
We can't say that this J10C deal is not materialized or will not be materialized as there are multiple rumors and hints about this deal by multiple persons, so we have wait an see

View attachment 663244
Contract for acquisition of 2 x warships for Pakistan Navy was signed with M/s China Shipbuilding Trading Company Ltd (CSTC), at Ministry of Defence Production, Rawalpindi. Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Operations), Rear Admiral Faisal Rasul Lodhi was also present on the occasion.

With the conclusion of this contract, Pakistan Navy will have a total of 4 x Type 054 A ships in its Fleet by 2021. The induction of these Ships will substantially enhance Pakistan navy’s war fighting capabilities while effectively contributing towards Maritime Security Operations in the region.

Type-054 A is an extremely potent and state of the art warship equipped with latest weapons including long range missiles and Hi-tech sensors, capable to undertake operations in all domains of naval warfare. The acquisition of these modern ships is certainly a value addition in Pakistan Navy which is an ardent defenders of National Maritime Interests of Pakistan.

The ceremony was attended by high ranking officials and dignitaries from China, Pakistan Navy and Government authorities.
View attachment 477892

Excellent ship. When this will be inducted in Pakistan navy, It will be a concern for Indian navy. Worth competitor of Kolkatta class.

According to a Tweet released by Loongnaval, China will deliver this summer the first Type 054A/P Jiangkai II-class frigate to the Navy of Pakistan. According to news published in June 2018, Pakistan has signed an agreement for the purchase of two more Type 054A Jiangkai II-class guided missile frigates with Chinese shipbuilder China Shipbuilding Trading Co Ltd. (CSTC). In 2017, Pakistan had already signed a contract with China for the purchase of two Type 54A.

Back
Top Bottom