What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

That is why I was with the opinion of instead of going for those two small corvettes from Dutch or other small ships, PN should have go for another 4 054A ships...Total 8 054A would have been good enough to protect about 1000 KM of Pakistan shore line. Probably later try to get 4 052D for naval air defense role.

P.S.: I was told that China has offered similar very good deal for J10C to PAF if they take out of the box solutions with very minor changes. Price difference with JF17 block III would be marginal but capability wise at least two fold. But PAF is hesitating as it may look bad for JF-17 future.

Hi,

Thank you---excellent comments---on both counts.

JF17 is not a bad aircraft---but induction of the J10 C would show how Paf failed to go to a higher plateau.

Same thing the Type 054's.

Hi,

Thank you---excellent comments---on both counts.

JF17 is not a bad aircraft---but induction of the J10 C would show how Paf failed to go to a higher plateau.

Same thing the Type 054's.
The PAF went with the FC-1/Super-7 because it assumed it'd eventually get a larger Western fighter to fill in any remaining gaps. It didn't fully perceive of a scenario where the Chinese would be the only option.

If they had seen that, then the only logical option (in the early 1990s) was to co-invest in the J-10 as the sole solution. That was also a time when China was beginning to emerge in critical inputs, so there may have even been an opportunity to learn about engines and electronics from them.

Ultimately, generals (from whatever service arm) shouldn't decide independently of a genuine foreign policy directive. We lack that latter element because none of our leaders think along those lines.

Ultimately, generals (from whatever service arm) shouldn't decide independently of a genuine foreign policy directive. We lack that latter element because none of our leaders think along those lines

Given how certain ambassadors (especially a certain someone who got a pretty good deal in the US) of Pakistan ended up showing their true colors who can blame GHQ for being so distrustful of civilians? It only makes sense that they would take the reigns given the irresponsible track record that non-military types have maintained.

Given how certain ambassadors (especially a certain someone who got a pretty good deal in the US) of Pakistan ended up showing their true colors who can blame GHQ for being so distrustful of civilians? It only makes sense that they would take the reigns given the irresponsible track record that non-military types have maintained.
Thing is, some generals cultivated those civilians to preserve their interests (e.g., Zia-ul-Haq and Nawaz, and Mushy and NRO). In fact, those rotten civilians had emerged from the system our generals built.

There are good generals as there are good civilians, but none of them actually have the reins of the country. This is the actual problem. I'm not of the view that we need a revolution (because that is like shooting yourself in the foot to get rid of a tumour). However, there's no denying that we'd need an insane turn of fate to see the bad actors out and the good actors in. The only thing I can think of is enough people within the system and establishment just saying, "enough is enough" and acting.

Thing is, some generals cultivated those civilians to preserve their interests (e.g., Zia-ul-Haq and Nawaz, and Mushy and NRO). In fact, those rotten civilians had emerged from the system our generals built.

There are good generals as there are good civilians, but none of them actually have the reins of the country. This is the actual problem. I'm not of the view that we need a revolution (because that is like shooting yourself in the foot to get rid of a tumour). However, there's no denying that we'd need an insane turn of fate to see the bad actors out and the good actors in. The only thing I can think of is enough people within the system and establishment just saying, "enough is enough" and acting.

Hi,

Oh boy---. This feeling is not going to die---.

Make me proud one day---make your nation proud.

I wish we had ordered a follow up order of 2 more 054 Ships considering the large shortages in availability of Navy Ship options to Pakistan Navy

Right now all construction yards are looking for new clients so ideal time place some orders for future

4 + (2 Options) , would be pretty nice news.

I feel we are a bit shy always on a follow up order there should be no shyness everyone likes these 054 , and optional option should be exercised

because we don't have the money! All the Chinese ships have been ordered with the help Chinese loans that need to be paid in the end. A concept, I am afraid, very few Pakistanis comprehend.

Not just a money issue but logistics and manpower too.

PN is going through a big expansion, not just in ships but also aircraft and subs. By 2028 PN will be twice the size it was in 2018.

15 Major combat ships
11 large submarines
14 MPA aircraft
Expansion of marines

Not taking into account current fleet of FACs, tankers, choppers etc

All of this will require a big increase in operating costs, trained manpower and basing. PN Academy will need to be expanded or stop training foreign cadets, secure submarine basing, more secure Naval air bases, more marines/SSGN etc. On top of this I imagine we will ned to massively increase network and satcom caoabilities for the new force too.

Not just a money issue but logistics and manpower too.

PN is going through a big expansion, not just in ships but also aircraft and subs. By 2028 PN will be twice the size it was in 2018.

15 Major combat ships
11 large submarines
14 MPA aircraft
Expansion of marines

Not taking into account current fleet of FACs, tankers, choppers etc

All of this will require a big increase in operating costs, trained manpower and basing. PN Academy will need to be expanded or stop training foreign cadets, secure submarine basing, more secure Naval air bases, more marines/SSGN etc. On top of this I imagine we will ned to massively increase network and satcom caoabilities for the new force too.
Pakistan's naval deterrent has to be credible and effective. It is essential for national security. The institution needs to develop a stronger culture too. Naval culture is pretty poor in Pakistan, and a lot of work needs to go there.

because we don't have the money! All the Chinese ships have been ordered with the help Chinese loans that need to be paid in the end. A concept, I am afraid, very few Pakistanis comprehend.

Hi,

The real issue is that the deal was for 4 type 054's and 8 subs amounting to an 8 billion dollar deal.

Back
Top Bottom