What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

An improved variant beginning with the 17th unit[7] launched from Huangpu Shipyard in 2009[8] has the 7-barrelled Type 730 CIWS replaced by the more capable 11-barrelled Type 1130, and is unofficially referred as Type 54A+.[9] Another reported improvement over the original Type 054A includes the incorporation of variable depth sonar and towed array sonar.[10]

The follow-on version of the frigate, the Type 054B, will be fitted with a full electric propulsion system.

Everything from Sir Creek all the way to Karachi is bad for amphibious landings.

And if you throw numbers around, you will find that we will have too many fighter aircraft for the PN to contend with.

Yeah, including your Mig-29Ks that are giving a massive negative score to this platform. Less than 40% available to fly let alone put up a fight.

Yeah, including your Mig-29Ks that are giving a massive negative score to this platform. Less than 40% available to fly let alone put up a fight.

Thst is S worst case peace time scenario.

NNot a war footing situation which would be near 100% ready after purchase of war footing spares

Yaar you have brain of 4 year old Kid @Zarvan ok i am asking you a simple question to you what your propose Type-52D intercept those supersonic/ subsonic cruise missile with a similar systems on Type-54 with exeption of H-9 @Zarvan If you telling us there is no weapons to intercept supersonic/subsonic cruise missiles @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy:;):enjoy:

So why @Zarvan insisting his Proposed Type-52D if Type-54 do the same job effectively and cheaply @CriticalThought and i already knows this equations @CriticalThought and that doesn't mean that Pakistan don't upgrade defense @CriticalThought
Zarvan is right offense is best defense why wait for enemy to come get you when you can go in their backyard and knock them off?

@Zarvan is talking 10-12 , single 52D unit price is near to 1 billion dollar and how should we get 10-12 its a overcapability for PN @CriticalThought
The price of Type 055 with 12000 tons is about 0.9 billion dollars. So, Type 052D with 7000 tons would be cheaper.

Yaar you have brain of 4 year old Kid @Zarvan ok i am asking you a simple question to you what your propose Type-52D intercept those supersonic/ subsonic cruise missile with a similar systems on Type-54 with exeption of H-9 @Zarvan If you telling us there is no weapons to intercept supersonic/subsonic cruise missiles @Zarvan :hitwall::crazy:;):enjoy:

So why @Zarvan insisting his Proposed Type-52D if Type-54 do the same job effectively and cheaply @CriticalThought and i already knows this equations @CriticalThought and that doesn't mean that Pakistan don't upgrade defense @CriticalThought
If Type 054A can do the same job effectively, why does China have to build Type 052D?
I think you have forgotten that Type 052D is an Aegis-like Destroyer.

Last edited:

The Mig-29Ks have 100% availability during exercises like the Malabar.

But it's good if you believe half our air force is always on the ground.

The price of Type 055 with 12000 tons is about 0.9 billion dollars. So, Type 052D with 7000 tons would be cheaper.

If Type 054A can do the same job effectively, why does China have to build Type 052D?
I think you have forgotten that Type 052D is an Aegis-like Destroyer.
055的9多亿美元是不包括弹药和油料 舰载直升机等。

To ask crazy ideas, can PN get its hands on all 6 type52C, modified and upgraded to fit its need.

To ask crazy ideas, can PN get its hands on all 6 type52C, modified and upgraded to fit its need.

That's a good Idea if operating and maintenance cost are reasonable and serve 10-15 years after upgrade . Even half of those can change naval balance in Arabian sea where PN and IN will face each other.

Question is, what purpose will they serve. If the coast is all that is going to be protected, you don't need capital sea control warships.

PN seems confused about what it wants to do. It needs to focus on a2d but then seems to want to go for bigger vessels, which in war will mean they want to try to cut of IN from the Gulf, which we all know will not happen, so it seems PN is investing on a fantasy rather than the reality of a solid a2d.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom