What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

My point was that naval strikes on targets far out in India from Sea will not effect the result of a fast moving ground war thousands of miles away. We do not seek to cripple Indias ability to fight (they are simply too large), but to defeat them on the battlefield. Two very different things.

I have studied war and do not need your patronising attitude, how old are you to type like this to me? My point is we do not need to strike targets far inland thousands of miles away in India. All PN has to do is keep IN off our backs and sea lanes open. Not bomb IN Eastern Command. Pakistan's fate will not be decided there.

Let me know if you understand that or I can explain again and draw it in crayon for you....

Why PN must have long legs when it comes to fight war with India? The answer is simple in nearly every hostility in past IN was able to mobilize nearly all of it's ships against Pakistan, which had put PN in pressure, if PN can hit far away bases and disrupt trade from ports of India it will put huge pressure on India to put defensive force in large numbers to protect it's ports and assets,. Which will also allow PN to handle IN better in Arabian sea and other strategic straits.

Why PN must have long legs when it comes to fight war with India? The answer is simple in nearly every hostility in past IN was able to mobilize nearly all of it's ships against Pakistan, which had put PN in pressure, if PN can hit far away bases and disrupt trade from ports of India it will put huge pressure on India to put defensive force in large numbers to protect it's ports and assets,. Which will also allow PN to handle IN better in Arabian sea and other strategic straits.

You do not need long range strike to do that. Subs are much better suited for diverting IN assets, PN knows this hence the heavy investment in AIP subs.

PLAN's 31st Type 054A FFG launched
View attachment 761661
Via @鹰眼军视 from Weibo

Those new illuminators are interesting. Perhaps they finally allow for the 054a to break free from the guidance limitations, something which is a very big concern on the current 054a fleet (including the Pakistani ones) as they can very well be overwhelmed in a rapid attack as the IN ships do have the magazine capacity to unload 8 AShM at a time.

You do not need long range strike to do that. Subs are much better suited for diverting IN assets, PN knows this hence the heavy investment in AIP subs.

The game is not as simple as you think, there are also other elements involved.

The game is not as simple as you think, there are also other elements involved.

I do not think the game is simple, in fact if you read Indian reports during Feb 27th they had half their Navy running around hunting a single Pak Agosta. That is how the game is played, make them use a massive amount of resources to hunt for a small number of subs.

What you are advocating is large heavily armed Pak vessels with long range missiles that will become targets themselves. We do not need to destroy Indian Navy and unsure we can, we just need to deny them use of our sea areas. Submarines have been proven to be by far the most effective tool at doing this both historically and recently.

Happy for you to explain how I am wrong here. Thanks

Those new illuminators are interesting. Perhaps they finally allow for the 054a to break free from the guidance limitations, something which is a very big concern on the current 054a fleet (including the Pakistani ones) as they can very well be overwhelmed in a rapid attack as the IN ships do have the magazine capacity to unload 8 AShM at a time.
Fingers crossed.Hoping for the best

Low RCS is not an inherent quantity of any missile type.

Neither type MUST have a Low RCS, that is up to the designers/requirements. Its not something that is a given.
RCS will automatically be high if you are burning through with Mac 3.0

The 3rd and 4th Pakistani Navy type 054A/P were scheduled for launch yesterday July 31st.
Waiting for photos to come.
Only the 3rd type 054A/P for PN was launched, the 4th will be due in next few months The other frigate that was launched at the same time yesterday is the 32nd type 054A for the Chinese navy.

PLAN type 054A at the left, and PN type 054A/P at the right.
f02.jpg

f03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom