What's new

PAKISTAN NAVY SHIPS: YARMOOK-CLASS CORVETTE

could be 4 Milgem, 4 F-22, 2 Yarmook and 1 for Refuelling tanker (has a limited combat role) and 1 for OHP?

Unlikley we would order 4 for Yarmook class if we have not even ordered 3rd and 4th vessal

2 more yarmook will come instead of 2 swiftships.

Yarmouk is an interesting experiment. If they can successfully uparm it at a reasonable cost, with SSM, CIWS, PDMS, helicopter, main gun, towed sonar... PN will basically have a light frigate with capability similar to the F-22P, minus the specialized submarine sonar that can supposedly pick up ships sitting in Indian harbour.

The Yarmouk will have two major advantages over the F-22P:
1. Cost of acquisition (possibly about half)
2. Cost of operations - far less costly to keep this operational than F-22P.

posting this here . click on image to view the full resolution
leczgjS.png

Currently not fitted with any radar or weapon , but when it does i will update it .
also this is the only side view available for Yarmook on the web

Pakistan need

4 Destroyers
4 more Frigates
4 Wasp troop deployments for Pak Marines, brigade size
2 sq J16 type heavy squardons for long range naval and air umbrella ..
1 sq long range H6N in MPA role

I agree except the J-16 which would never happen lol

- 4 more Type 54 frigates on top of our current order for 4 for a total of 8
-6 Type 52b destroyers
- Focus on building a large fleet of domestic corvettes similar to yarmouk maybe another 8?
-4 more milgem corvettes on top of the current order of 4

Including our current fleet, what we are building,the S8 sub acquisition and these additional projects. In 10 years time PN should have:

-3 agosta 90 class subs
-8 yuan class chinese subs
-1 nuclear sub
-4 F 22p frigates
-8 Type 054p frigates
-6 Type 52D Destroyers
-8 Milgem corvettes
-10 Yarmouk corvettes
- 30 fast attack missile boats as support

The Type-52D seems to be a wishlist item but even 3-4 of these would allow PN to project power far into the Indian ocean region.That is a pretty powerful agile naval fleet.

-6 Type 52b destroyers
- Focus on building a large fleet of domestic corvettes similar to yarmouk maybe another 8?

Including our current fleet, what we are building,the S8 sub acquisition and these additional projects. In 10 years time PN should have:

-3 agosta 90 class subs
-1 nuclear sub
-4 F 22p frigates
-8 Type 054p frigates
-6 Type 52D Destroyers
-8 Milgem corvettes
-10 Yarmouk corvettes

The Type-52D seems to be a wishlist item but even 3-4 of these would allow PN to project power far into the Indian ocean region.That is a pretty powerful agile naval fleet.

Why do we need nuclear subs lol? We are a defensive navy and our opponent is next door.

-6 Type 52b destroyers

-3 agosta 90 class subs
-1 nuclear sub
-4 F 22p frigates
-8 Type 054p frigates
-6 Type 52D Destroyers
-8 Milgem corvettes
-10 Yarmouk corvettes

Well I hope you are right. Although Submarines should be at least 16 not 12.

Why do we need nuclear subs lol? We are a defensive navy and our opponent is next door.
Nuclear sub is a stealthy mobile nuke delivery system which provides you second strike capability and that is why we need a nuclear sub.

Nuclear sub is a stealthy mobile nuke delivery system which provides you second strike capability and that is why we need a nuclear sub.

SSK's are quieter sometimes, actually, the S-20's we purchased are arguably quieter than any SSN available to the PN. An SSK can also provide second strike capability.

I'm still stuck on the 12 Alper radars. These cannot be for Chinese ships as that would be an integration nightmare / impractical.

4 Jinnah
2 Yarmouk
That leaves 6 Alper radars unaccounted for.
4 new improved Azmat (?)
2 more Yarmouk (?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom