What's new

Pakistan Navy Plan to Buy Four more F22 P Frigates

Saw it coming after huge increase in sea limits.

Money? Maybe not available for export? Take your pick.

The F-22Ps were specifically designed according to PN needs. They're cheap, reliable, and potent. They're perfect for PN, which is usually cash strapped.

The F-22P is a general purpose frigate. From what I can tell, it has multiple uses, and has anti-air and anti-sub capabilities.
but in current scenario we do need some frigates with better AAW capabilities and three Type 54A makes more sense then 4 F22p. If we do go for F22p still there will be an additional requirment of couple of Type 54A for better air defense capability in shape of HQ16 equipped VLS

Just read on SAMAA news. Naval Officials briefed Parliment Standing Comittee on Defence that.

1- We are in talks with France, Germany and UK for USED subs.

2- Govt has given approval to buy 8 Subs from China.

I would place my bet on 3 Type 54A , rather than more 4 F-22p ... if they can or plan to do some major modification on F-22p , like better Armament, better AAW capabilities , more displacement , and Improved Electronics , than its way better to buy Type 54a's .... we can build 2 F-22p at home , with slow rate .. our Type 21 class are just floating junks and older than baba adam ...

we are begging US to by OHP's which will come with many if's and but's , with striped naked of all core technologies , and cant put VLS system in that .. i guess this time PN will not make any blunder , they already have limited funds so hope to see them using it wisely

I have a Question.
F-22P is joint venture right?
not a joint venture
it is based on type 53 frigates but chinese made improvements in it according to PNs needs
these are really good multipurpose frigates the only thing they lack is a better air defence system

Will PN going to buy an upgraded version of it or the same? as many members suggested that PN should have produced 2 more to make a fleet of 6 F-22P. Then move on to the Block 2 version with 2x16 Cell VLS Launchers and procure about 6 of them.

This will help PN to replace the Type-21 Frigates easily.

Pakistan is not asking for same f22ps but Advanced one as stated in past I believe it will be based on Type 54

I think the real price will be half sell half send style, China should send more to Pakistan openly just as what US did to Israel instead of aid under the table.A strong Pakistan military can stop terrorists and make peace with India, this meets China's interest and meets India's too.
And in fact, Pakistan is the only real ally of China, we should give up the principle of Non-alignment

we are not Allies , we are brothers buddy :pakistan::china::cheers:

instead of retiring old subs or frigates Pak should go for their upgardes, further what good single OHP has done in Pak defense

很遗憾的看到这个网站居然真的有伪装成中国人胡说八道的现象,希望论坛能加大审核力度,很伤感情!

Back
Top Bottom