What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

1665784766785.png

16 VLS
P282/SMASH X6
GOKDENIZ
SMART S MK2

If the PN gets Mk41 or ExLS, then I think we can safely say U.S. nor India care what the PN gets, conventionally speaking.
When on bought ysrmook class a similar picture also released. Unfortunately none of the weapon or electronic was integrated except older ciws. The weapon load will be known once it is integrated

Nice picture..

1665864637787.png

The Pakistan Navy’s Directorate General of Procurement and the Ministry of Defense Production signed deals for a further two Damen corvettes in 2020, after the commissioning of two Yarmook class ships, PNS Yarmook (271) and Tabuk (272). The ships are built by the Dutch defense contractor Damen, at their Galati shipyards in Romania.

Attack submarines are indeed under construction in Khi. Since the original AIP is unlikely to be available, something has to be used. There is some rumours online that they are using a locally designed nuclear plant instead.
As I said, rumours. We will find out when the vessel launches, most likely late next year.
I hope we can maybe lease nuclear attack submarines from China when the economy can afford it.

ironically my guess was mk41 (with ExLS module) as france will probably say nope. Too soon for MDAS IMO
I would be surprised if the VLS is American. US of far more likely to say no to this than France. The one good thing is once the VLS is in, usually their should not be a supplies/spares issue thereafter. A one time purchase and done. That said PN should plan the future of Babur/Jinnah and Yarmooks around MDAS. The other option (far less likely - though politics probably wouldn't be prohibitive) is K-VLS from South Korea which could dimensionally be able to quad pack CAMM-ER (It already quad packs K-SAM and is large enough to house LACM too). BUT my suspicion is that these VLS will be the standard single pack CAMM-ER vls cells, at least to start. Im just not sure what the rest of that forward stack will be used for.

I would be surprised if the VLS is American. US of far more likely to say no to this than France. The one good thing is once the VLS is in, usually their should not be a supplies/spares issue thereafter. A one time purchase and done. That said PN should plan the future of Babur/Jinnah and Yarmooks around MDAS. The other option (far less likely - though politics probably wouldn't be prohibitive) is K-VLS from South Korea which could dimensionally be able to quad pack CAMM-ER (It already quad packs K-SAM and is large enough to house LACM too). BUT my suspicion is that these VLS will be the standard single pack CAMM-ER vls cells, at least to start. Im just not sure what the rest of that forward stack will be used for.
France has killed all support to Pakistan. The Americans have been open to a naval buildup for Pak, there are Raytheon supplied equip on the Agostas, the Jinnah and Babur get GE GT's and swift was allowed to assist in gunboat design. MDAS and KVLS will all require integration and testing of the missile. Sylver and ExLS are already good to go. If it was single CAMM cells, the only ones like that are GWS26 mushroom cells, which are very different to these 2x8(?) cells

France has killed all support to Pakistan. The Americans have been open to a naval buildup for Pak, there are Raytheon supplied equip on the Agostas, the Jinnah and Babur get GE GT's and swift was allowed to assist in gunboat design. MDAS and KVLS will all require integration and testing of the missile. Sylver and ExLS are already good to go. If it was single CAMM cells, the only ones like that are GWS26 mushroom cells, which are very different to these 2x8(?) cells
Oh i get what you are saying. I am just a bit skeptical (though would love Mk 41 or ExLS for PN ships from Yarmooks to Babur/Jinnahs. With CAMM-ER they would be game changers. I am also fully aware that Sylver will be difficult. My point is that MDAS and K-VLS should be investigated for future equipment needs. Current model from your pic shows the mushroom caps similar to GWS.35 or 26. That tells me it is the standard launchers for the Jinnah for now. If they can even get 12 Mk-41, ExLS, MDAS or KVLS cells, it will allow for 64 SAMs or possibly even a combo of SAM ASROCs/LACM. But i think the initial setup for all of these ships will be the standard launcher. That is why PN should start discussing integration of CAMM-ER with MDAS now.

Last edited:
Oh i get what you are saying. I am just a bit skeptical (though would love Mk 41 or ExLS for PN ships from Yarmooks to Babur/Jinnahs. With CAMM-ER they would be game changers. I am also fully aware that Sylver will be difficult. My point is that MDAS and K-VLS should be investigated for future equipment needs. Current model from your pic shows the mushroom caps similar to GWS.35 or 26. That tells me it is the standard launchers for the Jinnah for now. If they can even get 12 Mk-41, ExLS, MDAS or KVLS cells, it will allow for 64 SAMs or possibly even a combo of SAM ASROCs/LACM. But i think the initial setup for all of these ships will be the standard launcher. That is why PN should start discussing integration of CAMM-ER with MDAS now.

thing is the Jinnah class config isnt frozen yet anyway. Remember with Babur we went from HQ-16 to then CAMM-ER. Not sure why HQ-16 was even considered anyway, the ships are too small. Im great friends with an XO (second in command) from TCG Büyükada(He was sic during two aman exercises too!) and we were talking about the arrangement below deck and how its basically impossible to fit anything there, hence the lengthening. However, even then, alternative arrangements were looked at for Ukraine and even the TN, looking to fit VLS to the rear of the ship.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom