What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

1599273207691.png

پاک بحریہ نے 55 واں یومِ دفاع عقیدت اور جوش و جذبے سے منایا

Director General Public Relations - Navy

The Pak Navy celebrates the 55th Defense Day with devotion and enthusiasm. This day is celebrated in remembrance of the great sacrifices of our armed forces, martyrs, Ghazis and national heroes in front of the enemy in the 1965 Pak India War. Sisa plyi stood up as a wall.
On this occasion, in his message, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi paid tribute to the martyrs and the Ghazis who remained steadfast despite the enemy's numerical superiority and they destroyed the impure ambitions of the enemy with patience, courage and dignity. Maladia. The Pakistani nation celebrates this day with devotion and respect in remembrance of the sacrifices of their brave and brave soldiers, sellers and airman who well protected their homeland's ideological and geographical borders. They said the Pak Navy is multi-solidarity naval dangers. Ready in every way to be tolerated and responded to the conspiracy of the enemy. Ameer al-Bahr said the manifestation of courage, determination, sacrifice and national integrity, this day demands to work without any reason for the country. The great principles of the leader should be stopped and have complete faith in Allah.
The day started with special worships in all the mosques of the Navy which asked for special prayers for country's integrity and prosperity. The Quran was recited for the rewards of the martyrs of the 1965 war. Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi offered flowers on memorable martyrs at Naval Headquarters Islamabad, met the families of the martyrs and recited Fatiha. Various field command headquarters were also offered flowers on the memorial of the martyrs and recited Fatiha.
Flag hoisting ceremony took place in all Navy units and installations where commanding officers addressed the gathering of officers and young people and highlighted the importance of the day. All ships and units were renovated in accordance with naval traditions. More Boat rallies and sports competitions were held on the occasion of Defense Day in Gwadar and Creek areas.

·

Yeah no, looks like you are right. I was always under the impression that they rolled out of the dock with MK41 and whatnot (due to the extensive hull modifications that would have been needed to fit it after the fact but i guess the 053H3 hull is capable of supporting shorter VLS without alot of modification which would make sense since it looks to use mk48 which is made for these kinds of things? I am still semi skeptical on the pricing however, as far as i can see, there seems to have been two contracts, one in 2011 for 72m then another in 2012 for 84m. I am also unsure if this is independent of the FMS for MK48+ESSM+Supporting systems that was for around $40-50m or something. While i guess the investment isnt bad when you look at it from an isolated sense, however, when looking at this vs the cost of the platform as a whole, is it worth it?

Though i agree with everything else you say, an upgrade along the lines of Naresuan is exactly in line with everything the PN wants for the future. Its just a matter of whether the cost and whatnot is worth it. Bear in mind, the Naresuan class upgrade was probably as economical as it gets due to the economies of scale available to the US, a CAMM or Turkish option would be significantly more expensive iirc. Our options for VLS would need to either a US option or Sylver which likely would suffer from Indian lobbying or it would be very expensive(or so i hear.) I guess the PN could look to MK48 or ExLS if they are able to get their hands on a US VLS for J-Class

From what I understand the $72M included SAAB taking care of the sourcing the electronics and weapons systems though not the munitions. I think the additional contract was directly with the US to provide ESSM munitions and training. 50M is not bad for munitions forn2 ships (32 missiles each and additional for reload ect) plus support and training. But as you said, with economies of scale, the cost will likely be significantly higher for PN with respect to CAMM-ER or a turkish missile. However, that is the reason i think PN should try to have the J-class and F-22P eventually using the same SAMs as it will decrease logistical cost and per unit cost of the weapons. That being said, im sure HQ-16 could also fit but i just dislike the idea of a single missile per launcher for a ship like f-22p. 8 medium range weapons (while better than the 8nshort range currently equipped on it) doesn't seem to be worth the cost. I would hope that either with Turkish development of G-40 SAM or acquiring CAMM-ER from Turkey or perhaps china developing a quad packed SAM, PN will have access tona better punch for F-22p and J-class.

The Ambassador of China made a farewell call on Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi at NHQ, Islamabad.

His Excellency Mr. Yao Jing, The Ambassador of China made a farewell call on Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi at NHQ, Islamabad. Matters of mutual interest were discussed during the meeting. The Naval Chief highlighted the role of Pakistan Navy in maritime security in the region. The Chinese Ambassador appreciated the efforts of Pakistan Navy to strengthen maritime security in the region. The Admiral also appreciated the diplomatic services of H.E Mr. Yao Jing in Pak-China bilateral relations.

Last edited:
Pakistan Navy Full Documentary Film | Pakistan Navy Day | 08 September 2020 پاکستان نیوی نے یومِ بحریہ پر خصوصی ڈاکیو فلم سرخرو ریلیز کر دی۔ یہ ڈاکیوفلم پاک بحریہ کی جانب سے بھارتی آبدوز کو پاکستانی پانیوں میں داخل ہونے سے روکنے کی کامیاب کاروائی پر مبنی ہے۔ 4 مارچ 2019 کو ہونے والے اس واقعے میں پاکستان بحریہ نے بھارتی بحریہ کے مذموم ارادوں کو خاک میں ملا دیا تھا۔ بھارتی بحریہ کی دراندازی کی یہ ناکام کوشش پلوامہ حملوں کے بعد پیدا کردہ کشیدگی کا تسلسل تھی۔ ڈاکیوفلم سرخرو پاک بحریہ کی جانب سے اپنے بہادر ہیروز کو فرائض کی ادائیگی میں سرخرو ہونے پر خراجِ تحسین ہے

Back
Top Bottom