What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Type 054A frigates are multirole surface combatants with about half of the class fitted with variable depth sonar and towed array sonar for anti-submarine warfare operations. As I noted before, the frigates have anti-surface capabilities and also can defend against aerial threats:

The stealth frigate is armed with HQ-16 medium range air defense missiles and boosts a 32-cell vertical launching system (VLS) in the forward section, capable of firing anti-ship and air defense missiles as well as anti-submarine torpedoes. It also features a Russian-made AK-630 fully automatic naval close in weapon system and a Chinese variant of the AK-176 76 millimeter naval gun.

(…) In addition, the ship is equipped with a Type 382 phased-array radar system and Type 344 and Type 345 multifunctional fire control radar systems, capable of over the horizon targeting.

Type 054A frigates also feature a hangar capable of accommodating Kamov K-27 and Harbin Z-9 helicopters or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). (…) The ship has a standard range of about 3,800 nautical miles—7,037 kilometers–at a speed of 18 knots, and a maximum un-refueled radius of 12,000 kilometers or 8,000 mile.

extremely expensive and relate to our relations with France and Italy, if PN consider
destroyer purchase then it would be Chinese Type- 52 variants, most probably

I think if PN wants a Destroyer then French is a good option. From Chinese, I guess Type-55 is the best one to acquire.

Command and Staff Conference of Pakistan Navy concluded at Naval Headquarters, Islamabad. The Conference was chaired by Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi.

Matters related to geo strategic milieu, national security, operational preparedness and training & welfare of troops were reviewed. Detailed briefings on various ongoing and future developmental projects of Pakistan Navy were also given to Chief of the Naval Staff.

I think if PN wants a Destroyer then French is a good option. From Chinese, I guess Type-55 is the best one to acquire.
its depends on our relations of west and we are currently lacking $$$ to buy more expensive Destroyer from EU, Type-55 currently in production for PLAAN and i thinks its over capability for PN Type-52D has almost same capability with better long range SAMs (HHQ-9) supersonic long range anti ship Missile YJ-18 etc etc

French are expensive we can have Chinese or from UK too

A used 737-700 is about $25-30 million and cost $7-8k/hour to operate (civilian version)

A perfect aircraft to modify for use. Spares are available everywhere on the planet so no shortage there.
With EU system I believe Airbus would be an ideal no issue of spare as well along PIA

Turkish frigate TCG GÖKÇEADA and fast patrol boat TCG MELTEM conducted maritime trainings with friendly nation Pakistan’s corvette PNS YARMOOK on 10th March 2020 in East Mediterranean, afterwards PNS YARMOOK participated in Operation Mediterranean Shield.

ES0oIJJXkAEYnRM
ES0oIIxWsAECLQx
ES0oIIaX0AAdN8N
ES0oIIaX0AE3lVV

PRESS RELEASE

Directorate General Public Relations (Pakistan Navy) Tel: 021- 48506127-8, 051-20062097

COMMISSIONING CEREMONY OF PAKISTAN NAVY’S OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL – PNS YARMOOK HELD AT ROMANIA

Islamabad, 15 Feb 20: Commissioning Ceremony of state of the art 2300 Tons Corvette PNS YARMOOK was held at Constanta Port, Romania. Vice Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Muhammad Fayyaz Gilani graced the occasion as Chief Guest.
Speaking at the occasion, the Chief Guest underscored the importance of corvettes in the maritime domain. He said that induction of these platforms will act as force multipliers in enhancing Navy’s capability of safeguarding maritime interests. The Chief Guest also lauded professional competence of M/s DAMEN Shipyards and cooperation in delivering high quality platforms in record time.
PNS YARMOOK is a state of the art electronic warfare, anti-ship & anti-air warfare platform with cutting edge self-protection and terminal defence systems. The ship is capable to perform variety of maritime operations, transport helicopter & Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) simultaneously. Subsequent to contract for construction of two corvettes for Pakistan Navy, the second ship PNS TABUK is expected to join Pakistan Navy Fleet by mid of this year.
The commissioning ceremony was attended by Chief Naval Overseer (Romania), diplomats from friendly countries, senior management of M/s DAMEN Shipyards, Gorinchem & Galati and Officials of Ministry of Defense Production, Pakistan.

Director General Public Relations (Navy)

DZKK
INFORMATION NOTE

Date: March 10, 2020
No: BN-2001/2020

Pakistani Naval Forces corvette, scheduled to participate to Operation Mediterranean Shield, PNS Yarmook conducted a port visit with TCG Heybeliada at the Aksaz Naval Base between the 10th and 11th of March.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Date: March 10, 2020
No: BN-2002/2020

TCG Gokceada frigate and TCG Meltem fast attack craft conducted training exercises (probably PASSEX) with Pakistani corvette PNS Yarmook on the 10th of March. After the exercise, PNS Yarmook participated to Operation Mediterranean Shield.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Source: https://www.dzkk.tsk.tr/

The stealth frigate is armed with HQ-16
HQ 16A or HQ 16B?

its depends on our relations of west and we are currently lacking $$$ to buy more expensive Destroyer from EU, Type-55 currently in production for PLAAN and i thinks its over capability for PN Type-52D has almost same capability with better long range SAMs (HHQ-9) supersonic long range anti ship Missile YJ-18 etc etc
4 Type 052Ds will be good. One Destroyer for each of the four formations

Would our Hangor Class will be getting YJ-18B Missile?

@LKJ86 @Deino

Actually I don't know, but by my feeling I would say no, the YJ-18 is a system I don't think China would sell
I think the Hangor SSP will start with the C-802 and Babur 3. In the long-run, the PN may look to fit them with the supersonic-cruising missile they're developing (possibly similar to the Chinese HD-1A).

Back
Top Bottom