What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Prime Minister Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan (back row, first from right), the Shah of Iran (back row, third from right) and Rear Admiral Jefford (next to the Shah on left) with officers of the Royal Pakistan Navy on board the HMS Jhelum in Karachi.
HMS Jhelum was a battleship originally named the HMS Narbada. The ship served in the Royal Navy during the First World War and was transferred to Pakistan in 1948 and renamed HMS Jhelum, subsequently becoming PNS Jhelum.

35855967_1766210550126057_2551085766369345536_o.jpg

Prime Minister Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan (back row, first from right), the Shah of Iran (back row, third from right) and Rear Admiral Jefford (next to the Shah on left) with officers of the Royal Pakistan Navy on board the HMS Jhelum in Karachi.
HMS Jhelum was a battleship originally named the HMS Narbada. The ship served in the Royal Navy during the First World War and was transferred to Pakistan in 1948 and renamed HMS Jhelum, subsequently becoming PNS Jhelum.

35855967_1766210550126057_2551085766369345536_o.jpg
Historic pic thanks for sharing

2020 will be an interesting year for PN.

PN will end up with 5 major induction may be 6

1 pmsa kolachi
1 facm modified locally
2 Corvette
1-2 type54p
May be 1 hangoor class submarine
1 More ras72 MPA

It can't get more exciting than this
On the down side PN MIGHT decommission 2-3 type21 this year or next year after full induction of type54p

Or pn might soldier on 4 remaining type21 till light frigate being build with turkey fully inducted

Nevertheless 2020 will see PN major transformation

2020 will be an interesting year for PN.

PN will end up with 5 major induction may be 6

1 pmsa kolachi
1 facm modified locally
2 Corvette
1-2 type54p
May be 1 hangoor class submarine
1 More ras72 MPA

It can't get more exciting than this
On the down side PN MIGHT decommission 2-3 type21 this year or next year after full induction of type54p

Or pn might soldier on 4 remaining type21 till light frigate being build with turkey fully inducted

Nevertheless 2020 will see PN major transformation
2020 onwards yes

Is PN interested in acquiring Destroyers? If yes then what about some options from EU side:

Horizon-class frigate seems the best fit.

iddg-553horizon_andreadoria2.gif

horizon_class_frigate_by_pygargue56_daji6wn-fullview.jpg

063dc1e29480bbd9b57dd74cd254ba3c.jpg

@mingle @PWFI
I really like the two main guns on each side.

These very effective in close support missions and give greater firepower and protection on each side.

A used 737-700 is about $25-30 million and cost $7-8k/hour to operate (civilian version)

A perfect aircraft to modify for use. Spares are available everywhere on the planet so no shortage there.

You mean buy some used ones and add MPA equipment according to our needs and requirements.

Sound cool to me. But let see what experts have to share.

Also, we can look towards Airbus models as well which are already in PIA's inventory.

PAKISTAN NAVY CELEBRATES PAKISTAN DAY WITH SIMPLICITY

Pakistan Navy celebrated Pakistan Day with simplicity. This promising day is reminiscent of great efforts of Muslims of sub-continent when they determine their destiny in line with vision of our great leaders. The day resonates the demand of a separate homeland to safeguard sanctity of rights of Muslims in the sub-continent.

The day dawned with Gun Salutes and prayers were offered for solidarity and longevity of the beloved homeland. Pakistan Navy Ships and Establishments were illuminated as ceremonial norms. Pakistan Day marks the determination and special eminence of the resilient nation to fight on-going covid-19 epidemics through strengthened, coordinated and unified national efforts.

On the occasion of Pakistan Day, the President of Pakistan has approved awards to Pakistan Navy Officers, Master Chief Petty Officers, Chief Petty Officers/ Sailors and Navy Civilians. The awards include 02 SITARA-I-BASALAT, 05 TAMGHA-I-BASALAT, 03 HILAL-I-IMTIAZ (Military), 14 SITARA-I-IMTIAZ (Military), 13 TAMGHA-I-IMTIAZ (Military), 03 IMTIAZI SANAD, 13 TAMGHA-I-KHIDMAT (Military)-I, 38 TAMGHA-I-KHIDMAT (Military)-II and 12 TAMGHA-I-KHIDMAT (Miltary)-III. Letters of Commendation from Chief of Naval Staff have also been approved upon 48 Officers, Master Chief Petty Officers, Chief Petty Officers/ Sailors and Navy Civilians.

Back
Top Bottom