What's new

Pakistan Navy commissions second Azmat-class Dehshat vessel

But can it out do the CM400AKG?

That's the question you should be asking.
Dumbest logic...calling some ship that is slower than an aircraft carrier a fast attack craft by itself is stupid enough . here you come and talk about missiles when asked about speed. Great logic.......

context dear... well it's above your comprehension.

The original poster implied which if you did not comprehend was the extremely poor rating on the engine where the craft can barely do 30 knots at 500 tons of weight, when 30 year old crafts still manage better, more so even an A/C has better weight to power ratio. In other words the Fast attack craft isn't really fast by modern standards.

Other than the flat sides, there is little to qualify it for stealth or speed. The design may be able to get closer than the 30 year old tug to launch its rather potent missile though.

I would agree it translates to terror, fear would be "Khof", which would be a very unsuitable name for a warship.

Bhai humein tou hasrat hi rahiii hai that the PN names any of her ships after me as 'The Butt' - I dunno when will this desire be fulfilled ! :(

Mushkil...mushkil 'arabic-renditions' as names lei aateiii hain pur apneiii isss 'uncut diamond' ko lift hi nahin ! :disagree:

Bhai humein tou hasrat hi rahiii hai that the PN names any of her ships after me as 'The Butt' - I dunno when will this desire be fulfilled ! :(

Mushkil...mushkil 'arabic-renditions' as names lei aateiii hain pur apneiii isss 'uncut diamond' ko lift hi nahin ! :disagree:

If I was the captain of an Indian submarine and my XO told me that depth charges were dropping from "The Butt", I wouldn't be in a position to order evasive maneuvering, I'd just die laughing.

Not a bad idea :p:

If I was the captain of an Indian submarine and my XO told me that depth charges were dropping from "The Butt", I wouldn't be in a position to order evasive maneuvering, I'd just die laughing.

Not a bad idea :p:

:rofl:

Pakistan Navy is moving to a strategy involving FAC and patrol boats. IN is moving to a strategy involving destroyers, frigates and corvettes as surface craft.

Question is in littoral environment where gunships are commonly used. Do such aircraft with no Anti Air missile still be effective. A 30mm gun for combat appears to be very WW2 like.

Is this craft supposed to stay along with the fleet as a force multiplier or operate as an independent unit, travelling alone? What is it's mission profile?

Btw i think if this deal involved tot, we should make this into a more modular design, and develop different weapons for this boat for different mission profiles.

AA gun on the front, and missile launcher at the stern should be detachable.
Possible alternatives could be a medium range sam e.g crotale (15km) for the stern, or a short range sam e.g mistral 8km for the bow (in place of AA). Other options might include torpedoes at the stern in place of missile launcher. Small guided-MBRL at the stern. Anti-tank multi-purpose missiles (like hell-fires) at the bow for counter-piracy or counter-terrorism ops.

3-4 of these crafts can then travel together, each equipped with different weapon suite, to provide a more comprehensive defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom