What's new

Pakistan Navy commissions 3rd Pak Marines Battalion

pak-navy-marines.gif

Any pics with their Battle gear ?

Other than these three marine battalions, does Pakistan have any other amphibious assault formations? (I don't mean the SSG-N). What is the biggest sized amphibious formation Pakistan can field? Also, what is the need for marines to defend Gwadar port, when it is part of Pakistan's mainland? Wouldn't regular army troops be just as effective, and cheaper to train and maintain?

In short marines are multi dimensional and part of PN not of PA and can be used for many other operations to support PN and plans are to raise a brigade till 2015 so other battalions are also expected in that time.....:super:

Not Hovercrafts,but ambhibious ships,like a transport dock/tank landing ships,
like these:

2009051850950201.jpg

5216544074a1245dead501.jpg

Simply PN Marines are not soo much in numbers to operate them and use them effectively.....
and basically Marines are to defend land assets and to carry operations in low level water....
for deep water there is SSG(N) and Maritime Security Agency......

Our navy has a think a few landing crafts if iam not mistaken...

I don't think i will take an M-4 even a kilometer close to the sea :lol:

We don't need them. yet!

Simply PN Marines are not soo much in numbers to operate them and use them effectively.....
and basically Marines are to defend land assets and to carry operations in low level water....
for deep water there is SSG(N) and Maritime Security Agency......

so I was right in assuming PN do not operate that kinda ships.
Any plans to have'em in future?
Anyway good luck and godspeed to these gentlemen who are there to give away their lives for their country!

Just 3 battalions? How many LCA's does PN operate? I mean what are the amphibious capabilities of PN? :)

so I was right in assuming PN do not operate that kinda ships.
Any plans to have'em in future?
Anyway good luck and godspeed to these gentlemen who are there to give away their lives for their country!

no plans in near future....
till 2025+ maybe...
current plans are to have some good on sea fleet..
there is plan of 2-4 covertees...
4 frigates deal is signed for F-23P from China...
4(maybe 6) subs plan....
and them after all these to replace aging Mairages.....

Aeronaut Jee,

What is the difference between SSG(N) and Marines ?

Marines to safeguard naval assests and to help Navy in operations in costal areas and in low water.
while SSG(N) special Naval operations like to attack any hostile ship etc and used for sea-air-land
incursion, counter-terrorism,
naval intelligence gathering,
hostage rescue, and boarding..SSG(N) can operate under water and also used to gather intelligence by using Midget submarines...

no plans in near future....
till 2025+ maybe...
current plans are to have some good on sea fleet..
there is plan of 2-4 covertees...
4 frigates deal is signed for F-23P from China...
4(maybe 6) subs plan....
and them after all these to replace aging Mairages.....

The tender was for 6-7 subs and a new indigenous N.sub is under development..

Back
Top Bottom