What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Whom did you hear that from?
PN got a couple used ones for the interim but they need to replace the Sea King with a newer helicopter. Very soon supporting the Sea King will become untenable and expensive.
PN should look one vendor and go for package deal to replace seakings Italian option is good if US is in good mood them sea Hawks

Is PN looking to acquire it's own fighter fleet? I heard China is gifting Pakistan some JH-7Bs.

I guess it's good for PN.

Moreover, does PN needs more Sea Kings from ex-operators?
Ozair Ur whole wish cards require $$100 billion price tag

Whom did you hear that from?
PN got a couple used ones for the interim but they need to replace the Sea King with a newer helicopter. Very soon supporting the Sea King will become untenable and expensive.
AW101 or NH-90 will be the best option.

90044547_828768794292066_4670041391185788928_o.jpg

U.S. Navy members and Pakistan navy fixing the auxiliary power unit intake door actuator on a Pakistani P-3C Orion aircraft prior to taking off for a joint Search and Rescue exercise during Multinational Exercise Komodo (MNEK). MNEK brings navies together from around the world to rehearse scenarios focused on collaborative solutions to humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and maritime domain awareness.

Sensor wise, pretty close, but lacks the payload due to platform.

https://specialmission.ras.de/the-ras72/#sea-eagle
Are sonobuoys(together with acoustic processing to determine the signature of the enemy vessel) that much more effective as compared to MAD sensor...when it comes to sub hunting? P8 doesnt have MAD and PN didn't put it on the ATRs as well...so I'm just wondering.

Sensor wise, pretty close, but lacks the payload due to platform.

https://specialmission.ras.de/the-ras72/#sea-eagle
Once I talked to a P-8 Poseidon pilot and asked him to compare P-8 and P-3C Orion.
He said that the main difference is that P-3C is not a submarine search platform but a "Pinpoint" system. Meaning you should already have an idea about the general area where submarine is lurking and P-3C will find exact position.
P-8 can search large areas and actually find a submarine.
Hope those sea eagles have similar search capabilities.

Are sonobuoys(together with acoustic processing to determine the signature of the enemy vessel) that much more effective as compared to MAD sensor...when it comes to sub hunting? P8 doesnt have MAD and PN didn't put it on the ATRs as well...so I'm just wondering.

The more advanced acoustic sensor suite is there, hence the absence of MAD doesnt mean much. P8 has a similar arrangement.

Indian P8s have MAD.

Once I talked to a P-8 Poseidon pilot and asked him to compare P-8 and P-3C Orion.
He said that the main difference is that P-3C is not a submarine search platform but a "Pinpoint" system. Meaning you should already have an idea about the general area where submarine is lurking and P-3C will find exact position.
P-8 can search large areas and actually find a submarine.
Hope those sea eagles have similar search capabilities.

Presence of AESA and EO/IR system suggest it will be used to scan large areas. Still, P3C remains a vital asset for PN.

Indian P8s have MAD.

They requested those, but other customers didnt.

Its datalink options are indeed impressive..

upload_2020-3-20_16-48-3.png

The more advanced acoustic sensor suite is there, hence the absence of MAD doesnt mean much. P8 has a similar arrangement.
My question was that bcuz we are seeing somewhat of a trend towards the acoustic sensors over MAD...does it mean that advanced acoustic sensors perform better than MAD(hence no need for it any longer)?

Indian P8s have MAD.
I was referring to P8s in general...P8 in general as the successor of P3...has acoustic sensors rather than a MAD boom. Of course other nations can request that as an add on...but in general it is absent.

My question was that bcuz we are seeing somewhat of a trend towards the acoustic sensors over MAD...does it mean that advanced acoustic sensors perform better than MAD(hence no need for it any longer)?

Depends on the requirement.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom