What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

1644448947590.png

1644449008157.png

I wonder what helicopters PN Is looking at for the 4 x Type 054A/P + 4 x Ada Class

we need a modern medium sized helicopter from a Western nation defiantly not any more Z9C

maybe a naval Z18 but its too large and not Z20

maybe T625?

I wonder what helicopters PN Is looking at for the 4 x Type 054A/P + 4 x Ada Class

we need a modern medium sized helicopter from a Western nation defiantly not any more Z9C

maybe a naval Z18 but its too large and not Z20

maybe T625?
Naval version of AW-139?
Fairly robust, maintainence friendly, commonality with Army and air force

yes Malaysia has ordered this unit and I hope PN looks at it seriously
This is just a wish, but maybe the whole of armed forces could push for commercial offsets. We do have a fair amount of AW-139, airforce, army and a couple civilian ones.
Commercial offsets could be for anything, the main thing should be that we get to enter into the global manufacturing chain.

If accurate, then it's not surprising. The PN always liked the S-70i/UH-60R. One platform that can handle everything from shipborne ASW/AShW to CSAR/SAR, general utility, and commando/troop operations. Currently, the Z-20 is the closest to that from a concept standpoint. But I think the Z-20's availability is a serious blocker as the PLAN probably has a massive backorder.

If accurate, then it's not surprising. The PN always liked the S-70i/UH-60R. One platform that can handle everything from shipborne ASW/AShW to CSAR/SAR, general utility, and commando/troop operations. Currently, the Z-20 is the closest to that from a concept standpoint. But I think the Z-20's availability is a serious blocker as the PLAN probably has a massive backorder.
Is this platform naval variant id mature enough?

Back
Top Bottom