What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

cannot compare a 4 ton heli to 8-10 tone heli ofcourse range will be greater for medium heli but 4 ton heli can be utilizedin all kinds of ships like smaller pmsa and navy with just landing platform while medium size heli can only be accommodated by larger ships

z9 can go 100-200 km and pass on targeting Info to mother ship out to 250-300 km against surface ship or sub it can engage at 300
Km with torpedoes outside subs weapons range good enough

lastly it’s airframe is composite which help in sea operation and corrosion resistant plus stealth
Overall poor video except history and weapons and radar /electronic info

ferry range~1000 km and combat 400 plus which is decent for its class

Last edited:
It is strange that with many new ships coming we have not at least started training on or induction of another helicopter platform.
Alloutte being retired, Sea Kings too big and old. Only leaves a handful of Z-9s when we now will soon have a fleet of 15 major surface vessels. Very strange that we have no news on a new chopper at all unless we plan on another large induction of Z-9s. but unsure how well these will work with the systems on MILGEM/Yarmook class. I was expecting a AW159 purchase but think engine issue may have stopped this.

1639928816685.png

J-16s cannot be sold without Russian permission. Pakistan will never get them.
I know that all the flankers are not for export unless Russia approves. Why can't we try to approach them and see if they give permission? You never know unless you try:) If they don't approve we can move on:)

I know that all the flankers are not for export unless Russia approves. Why can't we try to approach them and see if they give permission? You never know unless you try:) If they don't approve we can move on:)
Because it’s a simple fact that Russia will not give permission, why would they miss out on flanker sales that could have been made through Russia by letting Pakistan buy them from China? Why do ToT think Pakistan approached Russia when it was interested in SU35 and not China? Because Russia already said no. The Chinese flankers are not and will not be for sale.

It is strange that with many new ships coming we have not at least started training on or induction of another helicopter platform.
Alloutte being retired, Sea Kings too big and old. Only leaves a handful of Z-9s when we now will soon have a fleet of 15 major surface vessels. Very strange that we have no news on a new chopper at all unless we plan on another large induction of Z-9s. but unsure how well these will work with the systems on MILGEM/Yarmook class. I was expecting a AW159 purchase but think engine issue may have stopped this.
The Type 054A/Ps will probably get a Z-9 variant. It seems that the PN is using stock Chinese subsystems and weapons, so it makes sense to stick with a Chinese helicopter to simplify integration. The B-Class is further out -- close to the mid-2020s -- so the PN isn't in a rush to equip those. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan inks a deal on the down-low. I think AW159 and NH-90NFH are the preferred options for the B-Class and J-Class.

Russian permission can be taken if Chinese are serious to sell and some kickback for Russian to be given ..
I doubt it, Pakistan doesn’t have that kind of influence over China or Russia, nor China over Russia, can we be realistic for once on this forum? Why would Russia let millions of dollars go out the door by letting China export flankers, why did PAF have to approach Russia when it was interested in SU35s? Because we cannot get them from China.

I doubt it, Pakistan doesn’t have that kind of influence over China or Russia, nor China over Russia, can we be realistic for once on this forum? Why would Russia let millions of dollars go out the door by letting China export flankers, why did PAF have to approach Russia when it was interested in SU35s? Because we cannot get them from China.
Then J15 can be path due to non Russian IP and can be used in naval role independent of carrier as F18 is used by some countries

Back
Top Bottom