What's new

Pakistan National Anthem - In Sign Language

I think awam is used in persian too. @Serpentine
Awam means people or public here.

I remember in high school, Pakistan's national anthem was mentioned in our Persian litereture book and there, it was mentioned that the only word in the anthem that is not used in Persian today is the two letter word "ka" (in Pāk sarzamīn kā niz̤ām ), which has came from Sanskrit or Hindi if I remember correctly. All the other words are used in Persian today, although not all of them have Persian roots, there are Arabic ones too.

Awam means people or public here.

I remember in high school, Pakistan's national anthem was mentioned in our Persian litereture book and there, it was mentioned that the only word in the anthem that is not used in Persian today is the two letter word "ka" (in Pāk sarzamīn kā niz̤ām ), which has came from Sanskrit or Hindi if I remember correctly. All the other words are used in Persian today, although not all of them have Persian roots, there are Arabic ones too.

Exactly. Thank You bro. We also use awam for the same meaning.

@HRK See awam is also a persian word.

Ask @Serpentine or any other Iranian if he can call the following verse of Quami Tarana "Persian":
پاک سرزمین کا نظام

Having Persian loanwords do not make it Persian when its entire structure is classical Urdu.

Read my explanation above. I mentioned the word Ka specifically which is not Persian.

Last edited:
Lol so you are back after a long time seems like the mods were too angry on you when you were advocating Indians.
Also you were called an Indian himself.
How are you my Indian friend?:D
All okay??:D
Yeah, it was kinda a weird that they called me Bharati when I cannot even speak, read and write Hindi, national language of India.

Weird Pakistani. Here I am making a genuine case for the national language of Pakistan, and you are siding with the Iranians? Are you working for IRGC now? :D

BrzhvJMCQAErhMD.jpg

Weird Pakistani. Here I am making a genuine case for the national language of Pakistan, and you are siding with the Iranians? Are you working for IRGC now? :D

I agree, not all structures are commonly used in Persian and in some sentences, it's not familiar. but I still get the meaning more or less when reading it.

That's why I said the anthem is both Persian and Urdu, not because of words only, but because the two languages had too much in common in past centuries (and identical in many cases). It has changed now though.

@Areesh @Norwegian Please guys, you are fighting over nothing here. I didn't want to start an unnecessary fight here.

This is quite brilliant.:pakistan:

Well I don't want to take sides but I do believe that the Tarana is almost all Classical Urdu. At least according to my understanding. People seem to forget or unaware that early Urdu was heavily influenced by farsi, hence you see a lot of similarities. Even I can understand a lot of Farsi, the only problem for me is when they actually speak in their accents. :(

@Norwegian Welcome bro, How have you been? :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom