What's new

Pakistan must grasp the moment

Don't expect these miracles from government. It might happen, it might not. The place we can do miracles is on the ground level. I don't know where your family is from back home, but if you ever visit Mirpur, Dadyal, North Punjab, potwar regions, you can see the impact the expat pound sterling had on quality of life. People live in luxury in villas where there is not a proper road too. To fix that some villagers are driving landcruisers and hiluxes. There is localised inflation - my cousins family recently bought a washing machine from islamabad and paid for delivery and it was cheaper than they could get it in Mirpur.

This is what our parents generation did - what can we do? Can we raise the standard of education? can we create industry asides from retail and property? Can we break the chains of caste based voting? Can we create a culture of volunteering? A culture of business? A culture of do-it-yourself? There are people in Pakistan doing miracles - we need to do our little part.

A motivated, wealthier, educated Pakistan will rise and demand the governance it deserves. Uneducated people who vote for plates of biriyani, baradari and get their science from whatsapp won't be anything other than slaves to the system built for them.
I agree wholeheartedly - we need to take baby steps if necessary - I know we are a long away but we must grasp the potential now. As I’ve already said - I’m not an IK supporter - however this is a new dawn and we desperately want to see and feel changes. Let’s put our faith and give him the time I believe he needs to make changes where we can feel it.

Sad story. We have allowed the corruptiom to touch Pakistsn at all levels. Renewed focus and activism is needed.

We cannot expect PTI to do everything, but we as Pakistani citizens can do our part.

Most of upper class and upper-middle class can live without much of this luxury. Our sources of income are not only land anymore. Slowly we should work on emancipation of serfs.

We can promote it in the Islamic way, because this is a form of hereditary slavery. Many fiqh issues can be repaid by freeing of slaves, such as missing fasts, inability to fast, etc.
Most of these people are not slaves in the traditional sense. They are kept in line by economic and educational depravation coupled with day to day threats and violence. We need root and branch land reforms where there is a limit on how much land one person can own.

Pakistan must grasp the moment

Pakistan history is scarred from day 1 when land reform should have been implemented – instead of creating feudal laws that on the whole have not had the interest of the nation at heart. They have created a huge void in our history resulting in the poor getting poorer and the rich simply not caring a damn apart from personal gain.

The Bhutto clan is a perfect example – acquiring 40,000 acres of Sindh to do as they please. Did the forefathers of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto work their fingers to the bone to gain this land??

I am no supporter of Imran Khan but the time was right for a change – Pakistan has been in a quagmire not being able to break the shackles of feudalism and raw corruption to the core. Any leader coming into power with the Sharif and Bhutto clan have actually treated the countries coffers as their personal slush fund – and no one had the balls to question or stop. Now there is potential for real change. Has he got what it takes – or will he slide round the challenges?

Pakistan needs change. Pakistan needs not to allow the culprits of the last 70 years to depart into “political asylum” – Pakistan must not allow them to sit in a jail.

Pakistan needs the rivers to flow of blood. Im afraid to remove the cancer – the nation has to rise and punish those responsible of systematic rape of the nations coffers.

I see Hassan Sharif and his brother Hussain have – amongst other assets 4 flats worth in the region of 200 million pounds. This is clearly property belonging to the state of Pakistan. We cannot wait for court orders – we cannot wait to follow judicial procedure – we cannot wait for extradition of these scoundrels in the normal way – it could take years. We need a leader to take control and grasp the moment. He may in the short term create enemies and uproar – but in the long term Pakistan WILL thrive.

Get them back – deal with them speedily and hang those responsible along with their henchmen – get it done and let it be an example and lesson for all that Pakistan has a new dawn arising.

Pakistan and the present international climate must be ready to change as the world nations start jostling for a new world order. No longer should Pakistan be the “yes sir” “we are at your service” nation as the USA desperately try to hold onto their superpower status. The world is a changing and its changing rapidly.

It used to take decades to see shifts in power changes – not anymore. Saudi Arabia has shown their intent for example in the last 72 hours with the loan repayment demand. They seem to have short memories and this stance will backfire guaranteed.

Pepe Escobar has been saying it for about 10 years now. China Russia Iran Turkey Pakistan will be automatically pushed together and its time to grasp the moment. Its time to have the creative willpower to make the leap forward to take advantage of these changes.

For China to achieve its goals – it needs a healthy Pakistan free from the shackles of the likes of Saudi and the USA. Pakistan leadership must grasp the moment and show the necessary drive and subtle political intellect to place Pakistan in pole position to control regional strategy.

India – self combusting in its policy selection – is clearly backfiring and will aid Pakistans policy changes – thank you professor Modi for your actions. Their policy of “bullying the Kashmiri people” will not pay dividends. Having hundreds of thousands of troops hasn’t isolated or broken he Kashmiri spirit – what makes you think you will do anything but stir more resolve and hatred – resulting in the biggest slap down in world history? Only a matter of time

We need patience. We have had 2 years of IK. Dont expect miracles overnight. His heart is in the right place – lets give him another term because it will need this time. Im prepared for the long haul. Hell i have waited long enough not to see Zardari or Sharif humiliating the nation – let this man at least try.

We have a lot to be grateful for. Our nation is fantastically placed to grasp a fulcrum position in the new world order. We must thank Jinnah and his supporters for giving us the opportunity - we have incredible potential ready to be leashed and need to pick our allies and friends carefully.
I may live in the UK but i live breathe and eat thinking of my fatherland and my heart is with the soil of the nation and hope one day Pakistan will grasp the moment....
Brilliant post sir. If I may attempt a brief centrifugation and extraction of the valuable sediment that lies within...

I think the key association made in your righteous monologue is that of Pakistan pandering to the whims of "foreign financiers" at the national level, while Pakistanis pander to the whims of feudal overlords at an individual level.

The pattern of corruption is identical.

Nationally, without thought or any form of collective rationalisation or attempt long-term justification, our nation state has for too long lazily devoted itself to certain geopolitical entities. Indeed, certain leaders were deliberately paid and nurtured to keep our state apparatus down and well within its limits of possible potency, and to not rationalise objectively, and to disregard consequences of actions in the here and now. This dumbs our nation down from the supreme statecraft, foresight and rationalisations of our highly intelligent forefathers, into the simpleton functionaries and yes-men corrupted shills of nowadays (I exclude Imran Khan from this definition - for now).

Locally, quality improvement, evolution of processes and thought, technological advancement and economic adventurism are all hindered by the very same corruption at middle and higher levels of managerial hierarchies. Feudalism ensures wealth acquired by simple happenstance is rewarded blindly with more wealth, whereas our nation's forefathers intended for innovation, effort and enterprise to be rewarded in this way - a meritocracy no less.

Laziness on a national level and an individualistic level will always hold a nation's true potential in check.

Yet, that these problems are now well recognised in posts like your own lends succour even in times of darkness. Pakistan is actually on the right path for once. We are not completely stagnated by corruption any more, though there remains much of it to clear out. Certain events appearing to converge upon us by coincidence (CPEC, JF17 fighter program and its live action testing last year, diplomatic and p.r. assertiveness in the face of Modi's policies) have actually forced Pakistanis from every walk of life to realise our nation can do so much for itself if it chooses the path of quality, innovation and service of the nation, as opposed to the path of psycophancy, nepotism and service of the self.

A sleeping giant should now be waking up from its slumber. Once the shackles are broken there will be no stopping Pakistan.

These are feudals. They thrive on keeping the poor poor, while making themselves rich.
While these families exist, they will always use their wealth to hinder the rise of the ordinary man. It suits their agenda and of the masters they serve to keep Pakistan backward.
Let me tell a true story and I'm sorry I can't remember the exact names of the two people involved.
Someone once asked a jagirdar, why do you not allow people to be educated and progress? The jagirdar says: "I am going shooting tomorrow morning, come with me and I will show you why". So they went shooting by the side of a lake. It was a cold, winter morning and the jagirdar was accompanied by a group of his serfs. A bird flew past, the jagirdar shot it and it fell into the lake. As soon as it fell in, the serfs jumped into the freezing water and retrieved the bird for their master. The jagirdar turned round to his friend and said "did you see that? Who would do that for me if I allowed these people to become educated?"
I believe that is a true story, and even if it wasn't it would be a great metaphor for how these families think of common people.
Exactly exactly what I'm talking about.

Brilliant post sir. If I may attempt a brief centrifugation and extraction of the valuable sediment that lies within...

I think the key association made in your righteous monologue is that of Pakistan pandering to the whims of "foreign financiers" at the national level, while Pakistanis pander to the whims of feudal overlords at an individual level.

The pattern of corruption is identical.

Nationally, without thought or any form of collective rationalisation or attempt long-term justification, our nation state has for too long lazily devoted itself to certain geopolitical entities. Indeed, certain leaders were deliberately paid and nurtured to keep our state apparatus down and well within its limits of possible potency, and to not rationalise objectively, and to disregard consequences of actions in the here and now. This dumbs our nation down from the supreme statecraft, foresight and rationalisations of our highly intelligent forefathers, into the simpleton functionaries and yes-men corrupted shills of nowadays (I exclude Imran Khan from this definition - for now).

Locally, quality improvement, evolution of processes and thought, technological advancement and economic adventurism are all hindered by the very same corruption at middle and higher levels of managerial hierarchies. Feudalism ensures wealth acquired by simple happenstance is rewarded blindly with more wealth, whereas our nation's forefathers intended for innovation, effort and enterprise to be rewarded in this way - a meritocracy no less.

Laziness on a national level and an individualistic level will always hold a nation's true potential in check.

Yet, that these problems are now well recognised in posts like your own lends succour even in times of darkness. Pakistan is actually on the right path for once. We are not completely stagnated by corruption any more, though there remains much of it to clear out. Certain events appearing to converge upon us by coincidence (CPEC, JF17 fighter program and its live action testing last year, diplomatic and p.r. assertiveness in the face of Modi's policies) have actually forced Pakistanis from every walk of life to realise our nation can do so much for itself if it chooses the path of quality, innovation and service of the nation, as opposed to the path of psycophancy, nepotism and service of the self.

A sleeping giant should now be waking up from its slumber. Once the shackles are broken there will be no stopping Pakistan.
Khudi ko kar buland itna
Ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche
Bata teri raza kya hai

It is a long and difficult road but having wasted 70 years, it is a road we must travel.
Pakistan must assert it's independence and interest.
It is now or never.

Khudi ko kar buland itna
Ke har taqdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche
Bata teri raza kya hai

It is a long and difficult road but having wasted 70 years, it is a road we must travel.
Pakistan must assert it's independence and interest.
It is now or never.
Well said sir. It’s all about grabbing this vital moment and turning the direction. Clear the dead wood and allow the talent Pakistan has to thrive

Well said sir. It’s all about grabbing this vital moment and turning the direction. Clear the dead wood and allow the talent Pakistan has to thrive
In my view, this is not just about the OIC/Saudi response to Kashmir. The OIC is a toothless talking shop of sellouts which is disunited and directionless. Any statement coming from them is meaningless unless it is backed by action which it would never be because they are all in hoc to the greater powers It is actually about reclaiming Pakistan's foreign policy and direction. The Saudis, because they have been indulged by self serving politicians and leaders in the past, are objecting to and are trying to steer and mould Pakistani foreign policy for their own and their masters/ allies ends which at this point includes America and India. They are trying to dictate who our friends and enemies should be. This neatly fits into Saudi Arabia's attitude and affection for Nawaz Sharif and Nawaz Sharif's attitude and affection towards India.
We can see now who was pulling the strings and who was doing who's bidding to the detriment of the Pakistani state and people.
There is no way this can be allowed to continue.

You should read the curriculum and not the opinions of vile people like hoodboi

Literacy rates in Pakistan are already on the decline, Probably the only country in the world it's happening in, How does theocratic education system work in this scenario ? Wouldn't a more expansive curriculum be the answer ? Any successful examples of such system ?

Literacy rates in Pakistan are already on the decline, Probably the only country in the world it's happening in, How does theocratic education system work in this scenario ? Wouldn't a more expansive curriculum be the answer ? Any successful examples of such system ?

We have a topic specifically on the new curriculum. Read it and you'll realise exactly how misinformed you are.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/details-of-single-national-curriculum-released.676778/

I'm happy to engage you on the subject there.

Also the literacy rate is increasing, not decreasing. Need to address the lies.

In my view, this is not just about the OIC/Saudi response to Kashmir. The OIC is a toothless talking shop of sellouts which is disunited and directionless. Any statement coming from them is meaningless unless it is backed by action which it would never be because they are all in hoc to the greater powers It is actually about reclaiming Pakistan's foreign policy and direction. The Saudis, because they have been indulged by self serving politicians and leaders in the past, are objecting to and are trying to steer and mould Pakistani foreign policy for their own and their masters/ allies ends which at this point includes America and India. They are trying to dictate who our friends and enemies should be. This neatly fits into Saudi Arabia's attitude and affection for Nawaz Sharif and Nawaz Sharif's attitude and affection towards India.
We can see now who was pulling the strings and who was doing who's bidding to the detriment of the Pakistani state and people.
There is no way this can be allowed to continue.

An excellent post sir - the Saudi response is just the start of the new dawn for Pakistan. Short term some who believe Islam is Saudi and Saudi is Islam will soon realize - the Saudi are simply in it for prolonging their own existence and survival. Soon the headless chicken will be back on our doorstep - we must hold our heads high and no longer pander to those that want to keep feet in both camps.

An interesting thread below - the disgruntling and dissatisfaction has already started.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/us-court-issues-summons-for-saudi-arabias-mohammed-bin-salman.680245/

Back
Top Bottom