What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

42280344_476840889484860_2543859423764283392_o.jpg
Why don't we have more pictures of MOPP gear in the army?

I finally managed to get my hands on one of these new Plate Carriers, it is very large, compared to my Blackhawk STRIKE it is almost twice in size, the internal soft Kevlar is NIJ rated for IIIA, the ballistic trauma plates weigh 8.75 lbs and are the biggest I have ever seen.

PC Pics.jpg

All in all it is very, very heavy but offers better protection compared to the locally manufactured vests and the space for molle attachments is always a bonus. I will not be replacing my Blackhawk though... :agree:

I finally managed to get my hands on one of these new Plate Carriers, it is very large, compared to my Blackhawk STRIKE it is almost twice in size, the internal soft Kevlar is NIJ rated for IIIA, the ballistic trauma plates weigh 8.75 lbs and are the biggest I have ever seen.

View attachment 501028

All in all it is very, very heavy but offers better protection compared to the locally manufactured vests and the space for molle attachments is always a bonus. I will not be replacing my Blackhawk though... :agree:

Why do you wear a ballistic vest if you're in Rescue services? Just curious.

Why do you wear a ballistic vest if you're in Rescue services? Just curious.
Because I'm not in the rescue services ;). That being said, I do believe that Rescue 1122 DART team should be given body armor, they have been exposed to multiple active shooter incidents and a reflective jacket doesn't stop bullets.

I had the pleasure of attending a simulation exercise as an observer in the U.K where the LAS(London Ambulance) HART: Hazardous Area Response Team were working with counter terrorism police during a mock drill and they had the correct level of personal protective equipment for such incidents. See Photo:
464D311C00000578-0-image-a-2_1510573149767.jpg

First rule of rescue: You can't rescue anyone if you yourself become a casualty!

Last edited:
Because I'm not in the rescue services ;). That being said, I do believe that Rescue 1122 DART team should be given body armor, they have been exposed to multiple active shooter incidents and a reflective jacket doesn't stop bullets.

I had the pleasure of attending a simulation exercise as an observer in the U.K where the LAS(London Ambulance) HART: Hazardous Area Response Team were working with counter terrorism police during a mock drill and they had the correct level of personal protective equipment for such incidents. See Photo:

First rule of rescue: You can't rescue anyone if you yourself become a casualty!

Oh my bad. What type of service are you in if you can reveal?

Back
Top Bottom