What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

@Signalian @Dazzler @django

T-59 MBT, Pakistan Army Bahawalpur Railway Station, Road to Islamabad !

Type-59 Tanks.PNG
Type-59detail.PNG
Type-5823.PNG

@Ulla @PWFI for you guys:

15726458_10206632252999817_4395970456269033943_n.jpg

Armoured Corps officers wanted to acquire and induct more T-59 II and pass the T-59 II in trails. When Oplot failed the trials, T-59 II stood no chance. Thats when the news about more T-55 from Croatia was circulated.
T-59 II ? u smokin man?

Armour officers I know sing praises for the AK... and units equiped with these relics envy the AK and UD guys.

And 55 rumours were bout serbia... ironic... considering even FC troops want better.... and they be gettin old refurbished 55s... bro.

Ur Signalian dude.... come on man... i aint army.. My father is from SP... and bros from the damn eng corps.....

@Ulla @PWFI for you guys:

View attachment 438444

T-59 II ? u smokin man?

Armour officers I know sing praises for the AK... and units equiped with these relics envy the AK and UD guys.

And 55 rumours were bout serbia... ironic... considering even FC troops want better.... and they be gettin old refurbished 55s... bro.

Ur Signalian dude.... come on man... i aint army.. My father is from SP... and bros from the damn eng corps.....
Sorry, from Serbia, yes.

No, I dont smoke at all. There is a favouritism for every kind of equipment in Army.

Did u hear it from a capt or lt level dude?

Im damn sure even a serious non army dude knows more than a lt or a cap level officer.

Less of emotions, more of logic, shall we?

T-59 II is already in service, trial clearance was considered easy. 105mm L-7 gun packs a decent punch and accuracy with stabilisation. Cheaper to acquire and in large quantity.

Its just not that good enough to be used in desert terrain when compared to its competitors which were modern and heavier than it like Oplot-M. Its said that T-90 was trialled too. The verdict came out and all got rejected and improvements were wanted, T-59 II was sought as "something is better than nothing" but it cannot perform effectively in desert.

@Signalian @Dazzler @django

T-59 MBT, Pakistan Army Bahawalpur Railway Station, Road to Islamabad !

View attachment 438436 View attachment 438437 View attachment 438438

On second look, the side skirts remind of T-69 II's. I always find it hard to differentiate between 59's and 69's.

A 28-year-old major of the Pakistan Army was martyred on Wednesday in an exchange of fire with terrorists in Dera Ismail Khan, said a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations.

Major Ishaq was killed while security forces were "conducting a search operation on presence of terrorists in a hideout" in DI Khan's Kulachi area, read the statement posted by Director General ISPR Major Gen Asif Ghafoor on Twitter.

DPN1h0uVoAMr4dl.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/status/933218803600703488
Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor

✔@OfficialDGISPR

Another son of soil Maj Ishaq embraces shahadat. "We have a sacred duty at hand of cleansing & defending our motherland; WE SHALL DO IT".
DPN1h0rVAAAlsPb.jpg

Chief of Army Staff Qamar Jawed Bajwa and other army officials attended the funeral prayers of the martyred major who leaves behind a wife and a one-year-old son.

DPN1h0uVoAAp6Ki.jpg

T-59 II is already in service, trial clearance was considered easy. 105mm L-7 gun packs a decent punch and accuracy with stabilisation. Cheaper to acquire and in large quantity.

Its just not that good enough to be used in desert terrain when compared to its competitors which were modern and heavier than it like Oplot-M. Its said that T-90 was trialled too. The verdict came out and all got rejected and improvements were wanted, T-59 II was sought as "something is better than nothing" but it cannot perform effectively in desert.

On second look, the side skirts remind of T-69 II's. I always find it hard to differentiate between 59's and 69's.

why not upgrade these to Zarrar standard?

Where these tanks being used on the WOT ?

No I dont think so, WOT Tanks have some modifications ! Picture is from 2016.

Optical Difference lies in front lights and storage cage etc.
206863-10244-44-pristine.jpg

320073-15930-96-pristine.jpg

950905-20026-91-pristine.jpg

Attachments

• 206863-10244-44-pristine.jpg
    206863-10244-44-pristine.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom