What's new

Pakistan likely to buy 10 helicopters Mi-26 Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudra is armed version of Dhruv. Its Dhruv though.

:lol:

Russian navy did not conduct any joint excercise with pak navy.

The incident you are referring to is Russian paying a visit to your port when they were returning back after having a joint excercise with 17 nation including India.

Dont spread lies.

Please shut up or think before posting nonsense :

Karachi: Two Russian navy ships have arrived at Karachi port on a first-ever goodwill visit to Pakistan for a naval exercise, signalling warming of bilateral relations.

During their stay, various training activities and discussions on maritime security will be held between Pakistani and Russian naval officers.

The Russian ships will also conduct passage exercise with Pakistan Navy's vessels, state-media reported.

The Russian flotilla is being led by Rear Admiral Dmitrieve Vladimir Alexandrovich, according to a statement by the Pakistan Navy.

Pakistan and Russia have historically been on opposite sides since the Cold War, when Islamabad supported the anti-Soviet Mujahideen in neighbouring Afghanistan against invading Russian troops in the 1980s.

Russia has also been traditionally close to India and is a major defence supplier for the Indian military.

PTI

Dhruv is like a failed product right? I remember it having a few crashes in a very short span?

They exported 2 or so dhruvs to Peru .. Rest were donated to Nepal n Maldives .. 1 was leased n than phased out by private hospitals of Turkey .. Source @Neptune .. As for crashes yup 3 crashe .. And yes it's a German bk heli with parts sources from over 35 countries .. Even the engine is French while indian claim it's a JV .. French turbomeca company advertises it as an improved form of an already exposing engine .. Which was sold to India n even other countries .. N potential buyers as china n others.. Indians claim they had a 19% input .. Which is financial at best ..

Also they aren't even buying anymore of those French engines due to French no giving them full tot and demanding more $$..:lol:

Brother, you make it whole trivial.
Ok so let me ask you, for what purpose you were getting the military aid? I guess it was to strengthen yourself for war against terror and not India.
Though if you feel you are already good enough for terrorists and can better utilise the money meant for "war on terror" in preparing yourself against India, thats your choice. By the way if I can buy ferrari and i can buy a mopad, my choice among two will depend upon the road I am gonna travel. A mopad will do much better in a crowdy street of Delhi.
But still if you chose to buy ferrai, then why crying for not owning a mopad?

I honestly don't know how to comment on this. You are not making sense. A small country with a smaller defense budget would buy the best toy. Pakistan's air force is a defensive air force. It doesn't have the capability to attack deep inside India as India is too big plus the air fleet touching Pakistan's border is pretty large. So at the end of the day, the PAF will be defending its airspace with limited strike inside India capability.
Why are you acting so childish on a country's defense procurement when they will buy per their needs??? If I can buy one item that works on two fronts, I would. In fact the US military has been standardizing its hardware a LOT to get more multi-role platforms than individual platforms. If you are so upset that the PAF can use the same -16's to defend itself against India.....perhaps you shouldn't attack and get into that situation???
Again, if you reread your own post a few times, you wouldn't know how to respond to it yourself. Silly arguments don't have reality and a winner or compromise.

Right now a big shortage of lifters in NATO and high demand in the world. Pakistan in dire need of heavy lifter in coming years. Pak army aviation tech are very much familiar with russian helicopter technology and they can manage it and plus its fast delivery and price is very low.
For Pak-Afghan border Pakistan need top of line Drone technology and helicopters. Its 1300 miles of porous border with valleys and steep mountains, plus thick forest.

People like you are precisely the reason all countries are being cooked up by hatred. Military junta. Pump money and get commissions. How much money our beloved sons of soil get every time they procure the weapon?

Coming back, instead saying all this - It would have been better to read that Pakistan will ensure that our tribal population will get education meaning influencing those on the other side and after a decade, things will dramatically change. Add infrastructure, employment, give them the full rights of being a Pakistani citizen, tourism etc But hey we have to UPHOLD your majesty's FCR. After all, political governments never intended to reform the, right? But so did the military that directly ruled the country for how long....?

But hey, education is not our priority. Educated and critically thinking people is a grave threat to our commission and land grabbing real estate business.

Reference: I am referring to Corps commander lang grabbing business. If they can loot the locals, I have no doubt in my mind that they take commissions from abroad too.

Last edited:
Well Pakistan is more eager to enhance trade relations with Russia however a deal for helicopters would also be welcomed to promote mutual trust between two neighbouring countries

They had no problem selling su-27 n mig-29 to Pak in the 90s..

But if I was in the drivin seat I wouldn't buy a damn thing unless it comes with a tot .. Missiles n sma arms maybe but arty n helis nope.. As for mi spares not a big problem you can buy em from former soviet states china ..

If relations stabilize the first thing to do would be permission so to buy J-11s from China...still russians would make alot of money but far fetched thoughts. I really personally don't see what could potentially russians offer that Chinese have already.
Better variant of RD-93?

@Oscar what is the problem with hindustani members why is there a pain why would they come ruin thread I ask you to ban/prevent indians from this specific thread.

IMO,MI-26 will be bad choice for PAF.IAF used these mammoths for decades and we know its flaws.even though Russians are projecting it as low maintenance and all,but the fact is it'll make PAF handicapped due to unavailability of spares and due to its heavy maintenance.there is a reason why IAF choose CH-47 over Mi-26.these Mi-26s are truly modern marvels,but not made for armed forces.but yes,they truly can carry heavy weights.but if you need a tactical helo,Mi-26 shouldn't be the choice.its for heavy lifting.

Please have a read of this official book if you can get your hands on it and then come back after 7 days when you are no longer interested in derailing this thread from its original discussion. There is a whole chapter on the Mig-29 and Su-27 saga.
Rumours my foot.
The Story Of The Pakistan Air Force 1988-1998 A Battle Against Odds - Lahore - Books - Magazines - university books in pakistan

What does it say about the saga ? I can't get a hand on this book ! :(

Please tell me ! :kiss3:

What does it say about the saga ? I can't get a hand on this book ! :(

Please tell me ! :kiss3:
Aircraft on offer initially. Mig-29 was evaluated and flown. Su-27 seen as well. Indians got a wind of it, and moved mountains and earth with their contacts in Russia to scuttle the deal. As such though, the PAF was never really impressed by either of these fighters due to poor man machine interface and "unsaid" performance constraints in actual combat.

we dont need Mi-26's. our basic reqt is medium lift helos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom