What's new

Pakistan Keen To Purchase F-16 Fleet From Norway: Mukhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if pakistan is buying f 16 and not going to buy J 10 than it is stupidity if we are buying both than it is good and intelligent choice

i think if pakistan is buying f 16 and not going to buy J 10 than it is stupidity if we are buying both than it is good and intelligent choice

The main problem with FC-20 is the engine,WS-10 engine has not seen service yet and the platform itself is not mature ,i don't think PAF will leave Fc-20 for the sake of used f-16's ,these f-16's would just be apart from FC-20.Once we see Chinese engine incorporated with Fc-20 than i don't think PAF will wait any longer to get these planes but still i think these are good 3-4 years away

At this Stage PAF realistoc options are only Used F16s block a/b/c/d.

At or under $30m each. BETWEEN now and 2016

in 2015+ AGAIN AT $30M-$40 ThE fc20 makes logically and economical sense.

At this Stage PAF realistoc options are only Used F16s block a/b/c/d.
PAF is only interested in used F-16s with least flying hours and most important of all MLU.
At or under $30m each. BETWEEN now and 2016
sometimes you make no sense.
in 2015+ AGAIN AT $30M-$40 ThE fc20 makes logically and economical sense.
:hitwall: What is this kid on?

As I have mentioned in my other posts, do not worry about the J-10, that is a done deal provided the kinks and bugs are removed.

Now about the Norwegian F-16's -- they already have 20 odd F-16 in storage that can be released very soon. We do not have to wait untill 2014.

As far as US objections -- I do not see a problem there as they have already agreed to 36 brand new birds and many more EDA's/MLU's. F-16 in older blocks are no longer a hotp potato from US perspective.

However, India has a clout on Norway through manufacture and sale of Nokia Handsets in India running into close to a billion dollars annually. That aspect is more worrying -- and not the US.

We should stay on the thread topic!!!!
The title in intresting...
Any other source that PAF want Norway F-16. Would USA have no objection on it?
Would Norway offer it b4 F35 came into production.
I dont think these are coming b4 2014 (If PAF would be intrested).
Who will leave the worlds most furious and potent AC (F16).

Hi,

Any and every sale of F 16---from whomsoever has to be with the kind blessings of uncle sam--the u s will have to approve the sale for us to get the norwegian aircraft.

hope we get full blooded of best fighte jets line for paf as sson as it gets

As I have mentioned in my other posts, do not worry about the J-10, that is a done deal provided the kinks and bugs are removed.

Now about the Norwegian F-16's -- they already have 20 odd F-16 in storage that can be released very soon. We do not have to wait untill 2014.

As far as US objections -- I do not see a problem there as they have already agreed to 36 brand new birds and many more EDA's/MLU's. F-16 in older blocks are no longer a hotp potato from US perspective.

However, India has a clout on Norway through manufacture and sale of Nokia Handsets in India running into close to a billion dollars annually. That aspect is more worrying -- and not the US.

For the record, Nokia is a Finnish company with headquarters at Keilaniemi near Helsinki. Dont see how Norway is involved with Nokia.

For the record, Nokia is a Finnish company with headquarters at Keilaniemi near Helsinki. Dont see how Norway is involved with Nokia.

Niaz Sahib:

My Bad. what was I thinking???? You are absolutely correct -- it is a Finnish company I got thiem mixed up probably.

However, the fact remains that whatever clout India can bring to bear to ensure that this deal if and when happens -- does not happen --!

once agian thanks for the correction and I need to take some memory pills!!!;-)

When are they selling it??? When Norway is going to deliver its first F16 to any Buyer???

Is any chance that They will deliver the first flying machine before 2017????

The aging F-16AM fighter will be replaced from 2016. On 20 November 2008, the prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg announced that the F-35 was the only fighter fulfilling all the Norwegian requirements and thus the preferred choice .

main.php

Royal Norwegian Air Force F-16 takes off in wintery scene at Bodø AB. [Photo by Trond Hyvik]

looks sexy hope we get every single plane from norway and expect indian fingering in this deal too as they did 6 yearsback when pakistan went to belgium for the F 16 old of their airforce india again did fingering their too so do our home work better when we ask them for the deal of F 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom