What's new

Pakistan Keen To Purchase F-16 Fleet From Norway: Mukhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really interested to know when is the indian crying mujra delegation due in Norway. This is turning really funny..the Indians offering economic deals to everyone in a bid to offset India. Pakistan is sort of becoming the electronic card which operates the Indian ATM. Once this ATM runs dry the card becomes useless too.

Although the Nato countries and Israel are ALL REPLACEING/ PHASING out their 30 year old F16s I don,t think they will sold so soon.

Reason being the F35s jsf are not coming until at least 2016 -2020 depending on who gets the fifth gen fighters first.

Norways entire AIR FORCE IS 60 ODD F16s its not like they will come over next year or in 2012.

We are talking 2016 onwards.

It does sound like de ja vu though.

If we remember the PAF and mirage 3/5 induction when the worlds leading air forces replaced their 30 year old Mirages with F16s and mirage2000 PAF acquired them (THE MIRAGES) for very smalls sums.

" i can defo see this happening again with F16s" only well beyond 2015 not before

he is the one who can buy any thing from French :lol: old commission relations with sarkozy :rofl:

These days he is looking for commission on 126 Rafales instead of 40. I think he will have to settle down for 40 but his old partners may not be in power by that time. :pop:

Because Indian MRCA will be announced next year, also huge Indian 278 Su-30MKI Fleet

Do u mean that PAF fleet of 100+ F-16s , can counter 278 Su-30 MKIs ? I dont think so. I think Su-30 MKI is better than F-16 and JF-17 both. If Su-30 MKI is better than both, then how can F-16 fleet counter 278 Su-30 MKIs ?
Remember Indian 5th generation FGFA is also coming.
Also, dont hope that they wont come till 2018, Atleast this project will be delivered on time. i.e., 2018.

I am really interested to know when is the indian crying mujra delegation due in Norway. This is turning really funny..the Indians offering economic deals to everyone in a bid to offset India. Pakistan is sort of becoming the electronic card which operates the Indian ATM. Once this ATM runs dry the card becomes useless too.

If Pakistan really want India to spend than Pakistan shall stoping aiding India by allowing smuggling of Indian goods, which means loss in revenue and local industry.
Pakistan can stop aiding India by revoking free transit facility.
Pakistan can question Hamid karzai for handing over construction contracts to indian companies while we help him also with free transit aid.
There are many ways Pakistan can set back Indian earnings to $40-$50 billion annual and increase its revenues in equal amount.
Point is Indians have worked out this basic economics very well.
Small commission to every one in Pakistan and every one is willing to sell Pakistan.
Some are so stupid that they fail to see the big picture.

Look 4 years ago Pakistan's economic growth was higher than India and in 2006 Pakistan lead the world in defence equipment deals.
Somehow, few selected lawyers and politicians started long march for the reinstatement of a Iftikhar ch. and today whole nation stand as loosers.

Do u mean that PAF fleet of 100+ F-16s , can counter 278 Su-30 MKIs ? I dont think so. I think Su-30 MKI is better than F-16 and JF-17 both. If Su-30 MKI is better than both, then how can F-16 fleet counter 278 Su-30 MKIs ?
Remember Indian 5th generation FGFA is also coming.
Also, dont hope that they wont come till 2018, Atleast this project will be delivered on time. i.e., 2018.

Delete this comment...there is no need to put this d!ck measuring competition.....This thread is more about proposed deal....talk about the merits or de-merits if you can otherwise just read and increase your knowledge base

I must say some of our indian friends have some sort of itch in the rear... please stop worrying about Pakistan and anything related with it. Some of you always talk about how will PAF counter IAF with these f-16's or lower number of aircrafts etc array dum dum's we buy what we buy to defend our land our selves not looking to be a offensive force but i must say PAF and the armed forces of Pakistan have done good job at that we must and nor can compare our selves with indian armed forces so plzz members of both sides (speically some indains) stop these wet dreams and big dumb talks PAF is a good defensive force and shall stay that way lets not hate .

6-8 years, thereafter add more time for MLU's and you enter the era of 5 generation planes doesn't sound logical to me

May be you don't need 5th gen fighter to defend against another 5th gen. Its mostly going to be BVR or WVR fight where 4th Gen fighters will surely have a party to play. Also even if it 5th Gen fighter, it would only allow you to penetrate deeper into the enemy state but while defending, a 5th gen fighter will again rely on same or similar radars and BVR or WVR missiles. Thats the point which might be making PAF consider still more F-16s because other than it not being 5th gen, it has almost everything which PAF needs to defend against Indian 5th or 4th gen fighters. My 2Cents.

I personally feel PAF is one mile short of where it could be in position to defend against piling Indian aircraft arsenal. India has good deal of Su-30s, Nice number of Mirage and Mig-29s and now going to induct another 126 fighters which will be comparable or better than SU-30s. To defend against, we need stronger arsenal of fighters and this is where F-16s come very handy. Also after MLU of Norvegian Aircrafts, procuring an F-16 would mean procuring 1.25% of JFT at the same or lesser price.

May be you don't need 5th gen fighter to defend against another 5th gen. Its mostly going to be BVR or WVR fight where 4th Gen fighters will surely have a party to play. Also even if it 5th Gen fighter, it would only allow you to penetrate deeper into the enemy state but while defending, a 5th gen fighter will again rely on same or similar radars and BVR or WVR missiles. Thats the point which might be making PAF consider still more F-16s because other than it not being 5th gen, it has almost everything which PAF needs to defend against Indian 5th or 4th gen fighters. My 2Cents.

Hmm may be you are right, however my comment was not why are they not investing on 5 generation....I understand that as of now there are limited options...

My comment was more on why F-16 and that too 8-10 years from now??? I mean IAF has Mig-21 Bison that are BVR capable but that does not mean it is logical for us to invest in more Mig-21 Bisons at this stage, no???? We would invest in more capable BVR planes..... Don't you think F-16 is too old a platform for the likes of 2020??? We are talking about the era when almost every country with a decent military budget will be phasing/phased out their F-16 and that time Pakistan would be adding more to her inventory.....Only this thing is putting me off....J-10 would be a very good platform to invest(which they are) and complemented with JF-17(in bulk) is a good fire-power....Not sure why the hell i will want more F-16 a decade from now....Also all this would simply means they are going to stay in PAF inventory even by 2030 and beyond...

No sir this doesn't sound logical...may be i am too naive to understand the dynamics behind this :(

Also regarding your comments on 5 generation planes then the key is stealth there....WVR means 5 generation fighter is playing as per opponent rules which simply means asking for disaster....Anyhow let's leave this debate for some other thread...for now plz help in removing my confusion.....

I personally feel PAF is one mile short of where it could be in position to defend against piling Indian aircraft arsenal. India has good deal of Su-30s, Nice number of Mirage and Mig-29s and now going to induct another 126 fighters which will be comparable or better than SU-30s. To defend against, we need stronger arsenal of fighters and this is where F-16s come very handy. Also after MLU of Norvegian Aircrafts, procuring an F-16 would mean procuring 1.25% of JFT at the same or lesser price.

This logic holds true at this stage/time frame...I am with you on that...but a decade from now is not the time-frame where these equations will hold true....F-16 cannot be the prime weapon of PAF at around 2020....and i ma pretty sure with in a decade JF-17 would have evolved into a much more potent platform and should be able to give an aging f-16 run for its money....so with time-frames in mind i humbly disagree with your post

This logic holds true at this stage/time frame...I am with you on that...but a decade from now is not the time-frame where these equations will hold true....F-16 cannot be the prime weapon of PAF at around 2020....and i ma pretty sure with in a decade JF-17 would have evolved into a much more potent platform and should be able to give an aging f-16 run for its money....so with time-frames in mind i humbly disagree with your post

the oldF-16s will eventually be used for spare parts-----------actually its a good idea, considering if we wd have invested in there mlu ,we wouldnt want them to endup grounded because of lack of spares

F-16 will not be the prime weapon of PAF at around 2020

J-10B / FC-20
z.gif
The J-10B adds DSI, IRST, AESA, integrated ECM, RAM coating, TVC , Lightweight, Composite airframe, Some level of stealthiness, Advanced avionics, Increased manouverability, smaller RCS, $40 mil a piece, MAW, Holographic HUD,ECM
We're not sure what engine the J-10B will be using yet,
J10b turn radius, climb etc are apparently better than PLAAF flankers

Last edited:
This news is confusing I thought Pakistan is going to induct J10 & JF-17 and now they want F16 from Norway also is this on top or substitute for J10?

What's the point of buying more F-16s? If we get the embargoed F-16s + 18 more Block 52's, then we will have 96 F-16s. That's more than enough, we can get FC-20s which will be cheaper, more potent, and not sanction prone.

I thought the Turkish F-16s would be the ones we would go for. This Norwegian news was unexpected. I still think the PAF will pursue Turkish F-16s.

Nothing wrong in going for it for the right price and within the right time-frame. I don't see much point in this if the first batch starts arriving in 2015 or so. By then it would already be our third-tier fighter, potentially, behind the FC-20+Block52 and JF-17s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom