What's new

Pakistan – Israel Ties, Relations and Recognition

Israel did indirectly help Pakistan/Mujahideen in training and weapons acquisition, courtesy- Charlie Wilson.

This is a load of bull crap, Israel is not an ideological state, its a colony built on occupied land -
If you remain wedded to this account - forced upon you by Pakistan's education establishment - Pakistan will never be free of the radicalism the author describes in your lifetime, yes?

Our story is of survival while theirs is of land grab, murder and establishing an apartheid over the Palestinians.
  • When your children leave your home for school in the morning, do you have to worry that they'll be stabbed to death by a hate-inculcated non-Muslim so that you'll never see them again?
  • Or worried that a foreign country or terror organization will carry out its threats and nuke your nation into oblivion, seeking the prospect of being publicly hailed as a world champion of human rights?
  • Or being told your country is "illegal" because a majority of countries say it is?
  • And that your people have been wiped out and attacked elsewhere in the world for no reason other than greed and tyranny, and no excuse other than the vagarities of religion?

That's the battle of the Jews of Israel, Horus. Does Pakistan's "story of survival" really compare?

Last edited:
we musn't support an oppressive regime else we will be legitimizing india rule over Kashmir.. rest, as said by horus, its just a matter of time that isreal will die and she is lasting just bcz of US tax payers money.
There's a very big and important misunderstanding here. Israel did not receive substantial amounts of U.S. aid until after the Six-Day War, and the U.S. did not become Israel's prime supporter until after 1973. It happened this way, that in the 1973 war counterattacking Israeli forces had cutoff an Egyptian Army in the Sinai and closed to artillery range of Damascus and the U.S. stepped in, saying, "Hold off from totally destroying your enemies and we will make you the dominant military power in the Middle East. " In exchange the U.S. would win a round in the U.S.-Soviet contest for world influence.

The Israelis agreed to the arrangement. (What in the world would Israel do with Damascus or Cairo, anyway? Zionists aren't Arabs or Russians or Germans.) And from that day to this, the U.S. has kept its side of the bargain.

Now imagine, if you will, what might happen if the U.S. withholds its supplies and threatens Israel's regional dominance. How long before Israeli leaders conclude that they MUST go to war to ensure national survival in the face of its declared genocidal enemies?

It will be very ridiculous if Pakistan recognizes Israel just because it has damn good influence in West....I mean there must be some solid reasons behind accepting the country who have not been recognized by us since its creation. You just cannot tell to the world that yes we have accepted Israel because it has lot of influence in West....How ridiculous it sound. Isn't it?

Israel is very close to India, i highly doubt Israel will piss off India for sake of having relationship with Pakistan-especially Military to military relationship.

Israelis are damn professional in their work. Pakistanis know and respect it but accepting Israel is no joke, you have to give plenty of explanation for which i don't think Pakistan is ready now but if Pakistan and Israel relationship can lower the Palestinians hardship. I am ALL FOR IT.

I hope and pray for the peace b/w Israelis and Palestinians. Too much hatred and bloodshed happened. It must stop now.

It's a new game starts let's see back when Lybia was against them or can say not friendly with them was a stable country but after just one year with there friendship where Libya stand now world now better now when Pak army clearing country from terrorism and foreign elements like talban raw Mossad so now one of there agent plants to become friendly and with these kind of articles to change ours mind basically to changing minds soo please be careful They never be our friends these kind off people just want to cut ours routs from our audiology

If we want to continue scoring useless brownie points among the Muslim World for our stand against Israel, then by all means, lets continue our role of regurgitating the same, meaningless, and bland rhetoric we've been spewing for the last 70 years in the UN. We're not helping ourselves or the Palestinians in doing so.

I kinda agree.. But apart from our mullah mafia... Such a step would harm our relationship with ME states ...
Nobody blew their stack when Turkey shifted course 180 degrees last month. I imagine the primary foreign objections will be from the Palestinian Arabs' European puppets and the Iranian mullahs. But the Europeans won't do anything to risk their existing trade relations and the Iranians already threatened Pakistan with sectarian violence last month, so establishing open relations with Israel now is no increase in risk.

Unless Pak diplomats can play it "correctly"... And Pak sorts its own house (atleast economically).
The shifting of trade relations from the covert to the overt sphere will probably bring in hundreds of millions of additional export dollars a year. That plus the applications of Israeli technologies can only help Pakistan's economy.

Decision on Israel should be made on principle instead of making Arabs or America happy. If Israel comes to a peaceful settlement with Palestinians and start respecting their freedom then why not. Recognize Israel. But not recognizing Israel in hope Saudi or some other will send us Petro-dollars is totally foolish idea. Similarly, recognizing Israel to improve this so called world standing peaceful nation Bullcrap, while Israel is massacring palestinians is morally wrong and will have grave consequences in the long run.

Oh, dear, no. Pakistan is ex-British Empire, Israel & Jordan are ex-British (League of Nations, really) Mandate for Palestine. The Mandate designated Palestine the Jewish National Home and explicitly called upon Jews to immigrate and "closely settle" the region. It was all part of the post-WWI project to divide up three dissolved empires (Russian, Ottoman, and Austro-Hungarian) into component nation-states. But there was no such call for Muslims to do so and create Pakistan.

Both countries were created by the legal entity with recognized administrative authority over both regions - the British Empire.

@Solomon2
man please...
a bunch of people rebelled against british, defeated a large army on the onset of their occupation by WHAT !!! Foreign weapons.
Isreal has been enjoying aid, TOT for high tech (Kafir, Miraj copy, f16 copy) and Vito vote by US from a long time...
isreal succeeded in 67 war as US assured Egypt that Isreal won't attack (sometimes she gives the same to Pak for India especially when US was urging PA to go after Haqqani)...
@Syed.Ali.Haider
I have no problems recognizing isreal but its a apartheid state. They have nor moral authority over palestine land. Plus they are occupying our Holy sites. I am not that religious but compromising on "our" rights will make us weak.

@Syed.Ali.Haider
I have no problems recognizing isreal but its a apartheid state. They have nor moral authority over palestine land. Plus they are occupying our Holy sites. I am not that religious but compromising on "our" rights will make us weak.

You are correct in saying that there is much that is wrong with Israel, and that much can and should be done to improve the life of Palestinians, but Israel's right to exist is not in question or illegal.

Last edited:
Relations with US ruined Pakistan's Foreign Policy , we were optimistic about our relations with US in 1950 so we neglected that taking animosity with a regional power for the sake of an Inter-continental Country is gonna be dangerous for us.
So whoever thinks that Recognizing Israel and Having diplomatic relations with them are gonna be beneficial then all of you need to study India-Israel relationship which directly targeted on Pakistan.
So thanks but No thanks.

Keep them at arms length, while keeping a hawkeye over them as well. We need a dedicated desk in ISI just for Israel , like we got for India. These two have been getting very cosy with each other lately and for very obvious reasons, and no, economy/business got nothing to do with it.

@Solomon2
man please...a bunch of people rebelled against british, defeated a large army on the onset of their occupation -
Your grasp of events is very poor. Everybody who has been slaved to the Palestinian Arab narrative (look at the globalvoices link, there's no better way to put it) has such problems.

Keep them at arms length -
Then you deny Pakistan the moral and economic benefits that accrue from recognizing and normalizing relations with Israel.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom