What's new

‘Pakistan is for Islam’

This was the basis of where the school of thoughts were prevalent, I am sure that today if they look at it once again Pakistan would be a shade of dark green. As for why entities like TTP the reasoning behind what they do is more political than religious, they are not becoming stronger the PA has crippled them to a very large degree. Although TTP may claim they fight for Islam their methods are un-Islamic to the core and so they are nothing but hypocrites who hide behind religion. Their real aim is to take over Pakistan because they are power hungry (political aspirations) but like I said PA has done a fine job in crippling them.
I agree that the genesis of TTP lie in the political and other allied reasons, however now they want to establish a complete Islamic state on the lines of how Taliban was in Afghanistan. So even this has gone the Islam way.. Also they hide behind Islam as they have that leeway to hide, if everyone understood the unIslamic ways of those then you would not have this problem, the core Idea I have been trying to get at...[/QUOTE]

I do not know what influenced Ajmal Kasab as I never met the man so how can I or anyone else say his motives were based on religion? It could have just as much been a clear case of hatred for India, God knows there is plenty of that on both sides of the border.
Hatered is present on both the sides but you don't see RSS or Shiv Sena launching attacks on Pakistani Soil.. That is were the neutral state policy comes in..

I agree that the genesis of TTP lie in the political and other allied reasons, however now the want to establish a complete Islamic state on the lines of how Taliban was in Pakistan, so even this has gone the Islam way.. Also they hide behind Islam as they have that leeway to hide, if everyone understood the unIslamic ways of those then you would not have this problem, the core Idea I have been trying to get at...

Hatered is present on both the sides but you don't see RSS or Shiv Sena launching attacks on Pakistani Soil.. That is were the neutral state policy comes in..

@smantk- The majority of Pakistanis know they do not stand for Islam. You will not even find one Pakistani on this forum who supports TTP and not to mention never once has a religious party won presidency in Pakistan.

True they haven't but we cannot change what he did. We can condemn what he did and try and make sure something like this doesn't happen in the future.

I agree that the genesis of TTP lie in the political and other allied reasons, however now the want to establish a complete Islamic state on the lines of how Taliban was in Pakistan, so even this has gone the Islam way.. Also they hide behind Islam as they have that leeway to hide, if everyone understood the unIslamic ways of those then you would not have this problem, the core Idea I have been trying to get at...

@smantk- The majority of Pakistanis know they do not stand for Islam. You will not even find one Pakistani on this forum who supports TTP and not to mention never once has a religious party won presidency in Pakistan.

True they haven't but we cannot change what he did. We can condemn what he did and try and make sure something like this doesn't happen in the future.

if you support haqqani network ideology then you are supporting ttp ideology.
why they dont support ttp is purely political.

hafeez saeed and dawood and isi would also consider what i said as a compliment.
you are welcome , by the way for accepting what i meant you all are.

You should be more clear, I really thought that was a compliment. :D :azn:

if you support haqqani network ideology then you are supporting ttp ideology.
why they dont support ttp is purely political.

I don't support haqqani network either, your point?

See, if you think I'm asking you as an individual to do something willbeunfairon my behalf... I want the state, the institutions to do something about that, but it does not happen, why?

I have come across one or two while not supporting TTP completely; agree to imposing certain laws which I will not comment for thesakeof keeping this thread from derailing ...

Islamic nation dont give any space and respect to their minorities but they expect the all the space and respect wherever they are in minority......

See, if you think I'm asking you as an individual to do something willbeunfairon my behalf... I want the state, the institutions to do something about that, but it does not happen, why?

I have come across one or two while not supporting TTP completely; agree to imposing certain laws which I will not comment for thesakeof keeping this thread from derailing ...

The current administration is incompetent. Do not lose hope Imran Khan is new and if he can get into office perhaps he can force change for the better of both countries. Also we have a lot of Pakistanis world wide working on improving themselves so that tomorrow they can return to improve Pakistan.

Zia was popular because he promoted religion and harmony amongst the people. Without religion our different people would have never come together. The libs and the youngsters don't seem to understand this.

For the libs and youngsters, I have a word of advice:

Don't view Pakistan in a western standard, View Pakistan in a Pakistani standard.

That's where people truly start to understand the flaws in our society.

Islamic nation dont give any space and respect to their minorities but they expect the all the space and respect wherever they are in minority......

And where did you hear that from? Do your research before writing please

Again why is Islam measured based on some people and not its principals? Are people that lazy to read the principals and isntead just wait for a mistake made to point out...."Aha I knew Islam was like that"

we know the taste of those fruits..

What fruits? Pakistan was well respected in the countries I was in when Zia was ruling!! WELL RESPECTED Only SOME politicians had a problem with him bringing Islam to a position where THEY couldn't digest it (I.e. America)

Many here have made me believe what you said and then I see some agreeing or wanting to follow the same path...

I do not follow...What exactly are you believing?

Bring religion into everything thing even when it is not required in some cases...

In your opinion Where is it not required?

I disagree Razpak.

Religion is not the only way to forge a national identity in a diverse country. India having much greater diversity than Pakistan has been more successful in forging a national identity in the last 65 years. You don't need any common factor for that. You need common ideals. a Christian Tamil calls himself as much Indian as a Hindu from MP.

Zia was popular because he promoted religion and harmony amongst the people. Without religion our different people would have never come together. The libs and the youngsters don't seem to understand this.

For the libs and youngsters, I have a word of advice:

Don't view Pakistan in a western standard, View Pakistan in a Pakistani standard.

That's where people truly start to understand the flaws in our society.

Insh'Allah our country will become an Islamic one.

Already in Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood is in power.

A recent survey in Pakistan by PEW research say that 41% of Pakistanis don't consider Shias as Muslims :lol:

tell me who is a hindu who worships ram or krishna or kali or ganesha or cow or shiv.you hindus dont have a common god so stop talking about muslims.shias and sunnis belive in Allah and belive hazrat muhammad(pbuh) is last prophet of Allah and belive that the holy quran is heavenly book of Allah given to hazrat muhammad(pbuh)

tell me who is a hindu who worships ram or krishna or kali or ganesha or cow or shiv.you hindus dont have a common god so stop talking about muslims.shias and sunnis belive in Allah and belive hazrat muhammad(pbuh) is last prophet of Allah and belive that the holy quran is heavenly book of Allah given to hazrat muhammad(pbuh)

See, Hindus worship the Supreme first and then bicker about how to reach the Supreme..whether through Kali or Ganesha or "the cow". Now when it comes to Pakistan, the ideology of a theocratic state maybe good in theory but difficult to implement. Fragmentation already started when people started demanding that Ahmedis or Shias etc not be recognised as part of Islam. No religion including Islam can claim uniformity in its thinking. One of my Muslim friends once told me that "the Creator in sending His messengers was wise enough to leave His messages open to interpretation, but always maintaining that He is most merciful and oft forgiving." That applies to all religions. Adopting Islam as the principle religion in Pakistan may have been a noble idea. Even constitutionally adopting Islam as the religion of the State was spot on. Thereafter, the State should have reverted to a secular administration which left the Courts, the Executive, the Legislature and the armed forces out of religion.

It's a fallacy to think that hindus do not have a common god. Kali Ganesha shiva etc are all understood as representations of the same one god. But beyond that, you will not find a Hindu who worships shiva to say that a person worshipping Vishnu is not a Hindu. Infact they won't even say that someone who says he does not believe in any god is not Hindu.

In Hindu temples you will find idols of not just one but multiple gods. In homes people keep idols of multiple gods not just one. But there is that bottom line that most people lean towards which is the concept of Brahman .

I am sure had the indian government started propounding a national identity based on Hinduism then religious judgments of all kinds would have been much more prolific and disturbing in nature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom