What's new

Pakistan is expected to order its JF-17 Block-III in 2017.

The JF-17 Black III is almost ready what about next Black IV ? I think the next Block must have body of carbon fibre composites to make it lighter, aerodynamic, fuel-efficient and comparebly stealthy.
block 2 has composites and block 3 will have high amount of them...block 4 talks r nowhere near

Hi im looking for a £10,000 Practice account
& some adjustable portable sofa's

Anyone know where I can obtain those things?
pl contact DRDO for adjustable portable sofa's because they have lot of LCA Tejas prototypes rejected by Indian Navy.

the new addition in the news is two points.
modification in frame,
and more weight carry capacity.

when are we going to get official news about jf 17 block3

when are we going to get official news about jf 17 block3
Are there any major structural changes e.g. wingspan enlargement to accomodate more HP, redisgned nose cone, etc and engine change.
What I can infer from back pages is that if block 2 can be converted to block 3 then there is no major changes apart from some composit material been used or some internal system enhancement like HMD IRST and AESA etc
Main airframe design will remain same. Any info about fuel capacity and endurance update?

Pakistan must focus on this program and try to make block 3 faster because situation on our border is not good.we must also buy some 4 or 6 heavy fighter jets like Chinese j-11 or Russian su-35 or even mig 35. we must learn to fly on a double engine jet.pakistan should focus on cpec as well because we need money from this project at all cost.

Actually compared to the 90's when India truly missed an opportunity to really rub our nose in the dust. Pakistan's military in all departments is much better equipped to deal with the enemy be in on land sea or air.

It is so stupid of some members especially Indians and also some Pakistanis that they fail to recognise that fact that J-31 is a twin engine fighter in addition to being a stealthy fighter. Though a lot the details are not available yet but one thing is for sure that it will be superior to F-35 in thrust to weight ratio and thus will be able to carry a heavier payload than the F-35.
View attachment 374222
This superior to that discussion is valid when you have 2 workable platforms. As you dont your assumptions are premature. The Chinese are still behind by a decade and will remain so for perhaps another decade before they produce comparable products.
A

This superior to that discussion is valid when you have 2 workable platforms. As you dont your assumptions are premature. The Chinese are still behind by a decade and will remain so for perhaps another decade before they produce comparable products.
A

I'm just comparing the specs provided by the manufacturers of both A/Cs. F35 has a T/W of 1.1 which is low compared to most of the 4th gen and also J31 so that something acknowledged by the proponents of F35s also but in their defence they maintain F35 may never need to engage in a dog fight due to its stealth, BVR and EW capabilities and I think it is ahead of J31 at the moment and may remain so in near future.

However China is catching up fast especially in the fields of electronic and avionic capabilities so by the time J31 enter production, the gap between two will be reduced in those areas. While the later blocks will further reduce the gap rather equal or surpass in certain areas while stealth detection technology is improving in accuracy with time so are the counter EW capabilities based on ground radars and facilities and also AEW&C so the the cloak of the stealth may not remain as invincible in the future as it appears today.
Reference, A Serbian Zoltan Dani was able to shot down F-117 which is considered to be more stealthy than F-35.

Actually compared to the 90's when India truly missed an opportunity to really rub our nose in the dust. Pakistan's military in all departments is much better equipped to deal with the enemy be in on land sea or air.
Somethings are best left unsaid. However war in the subcontinent is now a very remote possibility.
A

I'm just comparing the specs provided by the manufacturers of both A/Cs. F35 has a T/W of 1.1 which is low compared to most of the 4th gen and also J31 so that something acknowledged by the proponents of F35s also but in their defence they maintain F35 may never need to engage in a dog fight due to its stealth, BVR and EW capabilities and I think it is ahead of J31 at the moment and may remain so in near future.

However China is catching up fast especially in the fields of electronic and avionic capabilities so by the time J31 enter production, the gap between two will be reduced in those areas. While the later blocks will further reduce the gap rather equal or surpass in certain areas while stealth detection technology is improving in accuracy with time so are the counter EW capabilities based on ground radars and facilities and also AEW&C so the the cloak of the stealth may not remain as invincible in the future as it appears today.
Reference, A Serbian Zoltan Dani was able to shot down F-117 which is considered to be more stealthy than F-35.
The J31 is not on the horizon with only 2-3 prototypes in existence. With no assurance of support from the AAF/PLAANF other source its very future is in doubt and you are comparig it with F35..!!!
The reality of avionics is much more than a comaprison on paper values which one or the other parties may not have advertised properly(being as politically correct as is possible). So as I said the discussion is mute subject. The US avionics are a world ahead of the Chinese regardless of the Chinese progress.Realistically it will take the Chinese a decade to catch up and they will do so eventually but not just yet.
The F117 saga needs to be understood and studied carefully before discussion on an open forum. Please refer to @gambit 's posts on the matter.
Regards.
A

Somethings are best left unsaid. However war in the subcontinent is now a very remote possibility.
A

The J31 is not on the horizon with only 2-3 prototypes in existence. With no assurance of support from the AAF/PLAANF other source its very future is in doubt and you are comparig it with F35..!!!
The reality of avionics is much more than a comaprison on paper values which one or the other parties may not have advertised properly(being as politically correct as is possible). So as I said the discussion is mute subject. The US avionics are a world ahead of the Chinese regardless of the Chinese progress.Realistically it will take the Chinese a decade to catch up and they will do so eventually but not just yet.
The F117 saga needs to be understood and studied carefully before discussion on an open forum. Please refer to @gambit 's posts on the matter.
Regards.
A

A decade is a long time but a not enough on the global scale but I think things are accelerating as now China is producing its own microprocessors that are powering its supercomputer that stand at no. 1 position in the world. So it can be even earlier than what you or anyone else is predicting.
I think better will be to wait and see.
By the way sir @araz I respect your views.. it is just that I have any own views and just present them :)

Last edited:
A decade is a long time but a not enough on the global scale but I think things are accelerating as now China is producing its own microprocessors that are powering its supercomputer that stand at no. 1 position in the world. So it can be even earlier than what you or anyone else is predicting.
I think better will be to wait and see.
By the way sir @araz I respect your views.. it is just that I have any own views and just present them :)

Hi,

Anyone who says that war is a remote chance should be considered as a 'traitor' to pakistan.

That is what the Paf generals decided after 2002---stopped the purchase of the much needed aircraft---and look where it has put pakistan's defenses---in a rat hole.

For a good 'believer' to say that and not be prepared in a timely manner---is a sin.

A modern day war is instantaneous---short---swift and devastating.

The triggering events are already present---the tempers have been high for a long time---they have been high for so long---that it now looks normal to be in that phase---and that is what is creating this euphoria.

It is just like living in the land of earthquakes---even though you live there and survive for awhile---but if you are not prepared for the BIG ONE---you will have problems.

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone who says that war is a remote chance should be considered as a 'traitor' to pakistan.

That is what the Paf generals decided after 2002---stopped the purchase of the much needed aircraft---and look where it has put pakistan's defenses---in a ra hole.

For a good 'believer' to say that and not be prepared in a timely manner---is a sin.

A modern day war is instantaneous---short---swift and devastating.

The triggering events are already present---the tempers have been high for a long time---they have been high for so long---that it now looks normal to be in that phase---and that is what is creating this euphoria.

It is just like living in the land of earthquakes---even though you live there and survive for awhile---but if you are not prepared for the BIG ONE---you will have problems.

Exactly sir!!!
Your main adversary has been working on CSD (cold start doctrine) for quite some time. Pakistan army / strategic forces prepared a contingency plan to counter it in the form of tactical nuclear weapon TNW HATF IX NASR. But what's the strategy put forwarded by PAF? I mean not the whole details but something should be known. They have delayed key acquisitions which is a criminal negligence.
By 2021, IAF will have Rafales in its fleet in addition to Su30s, Mirage 2000s etc. Furthermore, I feel that this indigenous development of the 5th:gen A/C is a chase of mirage in the wild or at least a delaying tactic. It took the advanced countries like USA, Russia and China to develop their 5th gens quite a long time so what timelines are set for a third world country that lacks the basic necessity like electricity to power its industry.

I'm a big proponent of the indigenous development since that's the way forward but a mature and balanced approach calls for some off-the-shelf fill-the-gap acquisitions asap to safeguard not only the airspace but also be able to strike deep in the heart of the enemy when needed. Especially with recent statements from indian chiefs about attacking Pakistan's nuclear assets means multifold challenges for PAF for not only securing the airspace but also the capability to launch counter offence. As we know that there is nothing as 100% defence so no one can claim that IAF planes won't be able to break through our air defences so the answer is to have an established capability to mount the similar attack on the enemy facilities both by strategic and air forces.

Regards,
W&P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom