What's new

Pakistan, Iraq to sign defence cooperation pact

If that is your niche, then purse it, but I bet you, Pakistan is not capable of accomplishing that feet yet.......

Thanks..

P.s. you have no idea in this subject regards to other countries capabilities.........

Do you have any idea of Pakistan's capabilities?

I'm not sure if we have any indigenous BVR missiles, but we definitely got some from China for JF-17 with perhaps ToT.

Do you have any idea of Pakistan's capabilities?

I'm not sure if we have any indigenous BVR missiles, but we definitely got some from China for JF-17 with perhaps ToT.

As I have said before:

This is what I do not understand at all... What makes Pakistanies feel JF-17 would be any superior to what US, USSR, or EU is providing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even India or China has not reached this far.......

Please explain...

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...defence-cooperation-pact-4.html#ixzz2OcMLZ6pL

Please explain....

Thanks

Considering Iraqs neighbours are divided between Alliances
- Jordan, Turkey, GCC ( US alliance )
- Syria, Iran ( Russian alliance )

What idiot, would compare a western F16 to another western F16, or superior Saudi F15's, F18's, F16 block 60's ?
So only that is left to compare the F16's with are the non NATO aircraft, now I hope you understand it.
do you really think Iran (specially IRGC) would sign a defensive agreement with US alliance?
PressTV - Iran, Iraq navies sign cooperation agreement

right now relation between US and Iraq is occupying and occupied. Iraq government is more eager for Iran's relationship than US.

All these idiots accuse Iran of sectarianism, while if there is one country in the Middle East which isn't sectarian it is Iran. Iran supports Sunni Northern Alliance in Afghanistan, Christian Armenia, Shia Hezbollah, Sunni Hamas, etc.

Hell they even supported the IRA and the more Qotob-minded Sunni Ikhwan in Egypt around the time of Sadats assassination.

IRA too :laugh:

Iranian kept quite a diverse portfolio I must say :laugh:

do you really think Iran (specially IRGC) would sign a defensive agreement with US alliance?
PressTV - Iran, Iraq navies sign cooperation agreement

right now relation between US and Iraq is occupying and occupied. Iraq government is more eager for Iran's relationship than US.

You mean Russia as the replacer of the US.
Iran does not compare to the US, Russia compares to the US.

Iran as a regional power
Russia as the superpower.

Maybe your right, how should I know, politis is full of bs

btw, this defense agreement on the navies, do you know more about it ? Press TV offers almost no information except that they signed an agreement.

Iraq doesn't need Air Force. Last thing we want to see is Iraq fighting Americas war with Iran. :hitwall:

This is big news, it also means that Iraq can buy up our hardware and weapon systems, Iraq is a potential customer of MFI-Super Mashak,K-8P and the JF-17 Thunder.

Iraq can prove to be a goldmine for Pakistani military industry and services, Iraq is in need of 1000s of High/medium tech tanks which means its a potential market for AK-I/II. We also as a friend of Iraq have an obligation to help build their defenses. We also should offer to train their Army officers at PMA and their Spec ops at Cherat.
@nabil_05

at the moment they are under the 'spell' of the US. dont expect much.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I do not understand at all... What makes Pakistanies feel JF-17 would be any superior to what US, USSR, or EU is providing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even India or China has not reached this far.......

Not referring to technological superiority. Thunder's superiority comes from cost-effectiveness and almost zero chances of an embargo.

at the moment they are under the 'spell' of the US. dont expect much.

Kind of like how we were at one time ??

As I have said before:

Please explain....

Thanks

I don't know what other people think, but I feel that it isn't about the JF-17 being superior than what the US, USSR, or even EU have to offer (though, I would argue that the JF-17 is on par with most other 4th gen platforms out there), it's more to do with trying to build an indigenous capability of building future war planes. The JF-17 gave a lot of knowledge to Pakistan about how to build a fighter, it's avionics, and it's engines. Pakistan could have bought more F-16s from the US, or bought EU planes, but that would mean they would have to rely on foreign suppliers for spare parts. This way they can start on the path of becoming independent and in case the US or other powers ever impose sanctions, they will be able to produce military parts without having to worry about sanctions.

Imagine if India ever abandoned the LCA program, that would seriously hamper their independence, and make them reliant on foreigners for jets. Personally speaking, I think the Indians should concentrate on getting pour as much money into the LCA program and getting it out the door, instead of continuing to buy from French Rafale. It'll be cheaper in the long run and have a potential of growing India's regional influence, because it'll show that they're truly independent and a power to be reckoned with.

Not referring to technological superiority. Thunder's superiority comes from cost-effectiveness and almost zero chances of an embargo.

China is playing that game internationally, but all it has achieved is consumer based products, the challenge is, the next level of product innovation and cost effectiveness. After saying this, Pakistan has to create a miracle, for example a innovation from Aliens, to achieve the feet that is in aircraft based..........

Western countries have more then 4th (4.5) generation offerings........, and after physically looking at something tangible, you would clearly make a decision on a product...

China is playing that game internationally, but all it has achieved is consumer based products, the challenge is, the next level of product innovation and cost effectiveness. After saying this, Pakistan has to create a miracle, for example a innovation from Aliens, to achieve the feet that is in aircraft based..........

Western countries have more then 4th (4.5) generation offerings........, and after physically looking at something tangible, you would clearly make a decision on a product...

Once again; JF-17 is a cost-effective fighter.

It was never designed to compete with the later 4th gen and 4.5th gen fighters. The Thunder provides excellent air defense options for its price tag. This is its strength.

pakistan-iraq-to-sign-defence-cooperation-pact-1364159169-1259.jpg

BAGHDAD (INP) - Pakistan and Iraq have agreed in principle to sign an agreement soon to enhance their defence cooperation. Under the agreement, likely to be signed with the installation of new government in Pakistan, Iraq's Armed Forces personnel will be given training by the Pakistani side, said Shah M. Jamal, Pakistan’s Ambassador in Baghdad.
It will also include participation in each other's military exercises and exchange of visits by delegations and war-ships.

The Ambassador told the visiting Pakistani media delegation that they have recently offered to train 35 Iraqi pilots in the PAF Academy Risalpur, in batches of 12 officers per year.
Pakistan and Iraq will also sign soon four other agreements which give will boost to their trade and economic ties, he said, adding, a Ministerial meeting is also expected soon to review and strengthen our partnership.
Ambassador Jamal expressed the hope that relations between the two countries will be moving fast in all areas of mutual interest, with the restoration of peace in Iraq.
They will also sign soon an agreement for establishment of Pakistan Consultation mechanism between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, he added.
He said he was putting all possible efforts to strengthen bilateral ties, especially enhancing our economic and trade interaction both at private and public level

Pakistan, Iraq to sign defence cooperation pact | The Nation

this is good Pakistan can sell lot of weapons like tanks and APC and artillery guns and even if 17 and even missile boats

Great news Pakistan and Iraq can sign major defense deals and benefit together.

In the 2003 Invasion of Iraq the only Iraqi AF Pilots the USAF were cautious of we're the Iraqi AF pilots that were trained by Pakistan Air Force. Those Iraqi AF pilots performed the best in the conflict from what I've read.

All these idiots accuse Iran of sectarianism, while if there is one country in the Middle East which isn't sectarian it is Iran. Iran supports Sunni Northern Alliance in Afghanistan, Christian Armenia, Shia Hezbollah, Sunni Hamas, etc.

Northern Alliance is Shia and strictly anti Pakistan... and Iranian support to them is not received very well among Pakistan.

Northern Alliance is also puppet of RAW and US.. it makes an axis of evil for Pakistanis and Iran is part of it.

After Americans leave, we might get back to them for all the terrorism this evil axis has brought upon Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom