What's new

Pakistan, Iraq to sign defence cooperation pact

In long term GCC and Pakistan political interests will fracture as a result Pakistan should prepare in advance!

Why?

Why do Pakistanis think that loving someone means that you hate the other?

Pakistan should cooperate with everyone, but should not allow anyone to interfere in our affairs.

Iraqs plan was to order about 96 F-16's of different versions as part of its long terms plan.The US provided all the latest technology for the Fighters, but refused to arm Iraq with the AMRAAM missile which the gulf states and Israel have. This has prompted Iraq to search for Russian and European alternatives for its next option. There is news all over the place speaking about MIG's, SU, and even the Eurofighter. But right now it's all talk and I don't expect any official negotiations to start until 2014.

For the tanks Iraq has three main options which were discussed. The Abrams, which Iraq plans to aquire about 650 of, the Korean K2, and the Russia T90. The T 90 was offered to Iraq but it was refused so it is most likely out of the picture. Iraq is trying to attain EDA's from the USA as they cut down their tank divisions. Iraq already got 140 abrams and they were all assigned to their divisions. However Iraq recently ordered 6 Tanks, this is most likely to train new crew for the next batch of 140.

Iraq already has most of its needs filled for basic training for both the army and Air force. So I doubt cooperation it will be low-level training. I was thinking about advanced pilot , large scale battlefield, special units training. And most likely training the Officers in a "train the trainer" approach.

Iraq is looking for something that can compete with F 15's F-18's, euro fighters and other advanced aircrafts. I doubt The JF-17 could compete with the different classes of fighters that the neighboring countries have. The F-16's are an excellent fighter to start with since Iraq will only deal with internal disputes for the time being, they will also take care of anything that Syria and Iran have. Iraq may delay purchases of other fighters and attempt to possibly jump to 5th generation fighters. Russia has shown great tendency to sell advanced weapons unlike the US. But right now there is a lot of pressure against Iraq, each of the superpowers and regional powers are trying to pull Iraq towards their side. John Kerry just arrived to Iraq in attempt to change the stance on Syria. Russian is most likely expecting something in return for Arms deal,

It's a big mess really, no one can expect anything in terms of the Armaments. But Iraq has certainly learned its lesson. Iraq right now is upgrading much of its equipment to be fit for guerrilla warfare. Quantity over quality is not an option after we saw what happened to the old army.
Piece of mind, but I believe Iraq is going toward Russia? that's the only option for them to get latest Russian technology in the fighters field, they know the west will never ever give'em a shark teeth while Iraqis singing there own song!!! kery was here to put more press on the Iraqis to stop that policy otherwise!! so for the Iraqis to be able maintain there neutrality they need either Russian or Chinese hardware @ least both nations wont push the Iraqis to be another satellite to them since money is there biggest drive nothing else.

I think that when it comes to counter terrorism, Pakistan and Iraq could both share their skills cause Iraq is pretty experienced in this field.
Joint training like the previous with Turkey and Saudi arabia is what they probably mean as seen on Pakarmychannel.
Iraq could really use Pakistans help to create a more effective intelligence agency since ISI is known to be one of the best in the world, They could help them fighting terrorism more effective.

Iraqs plan was to order about 96 F-16's of different versions as part of its long terms plan.The US provided all the latest technology for the Fighters, but refused to arm Iraq with the AMRAAM missile which the gulf states and Israel have. This has prompted Iraq to search for Russian and European alternatives for its next option. There is news all over the place speaking about MIG's, SU, and even the Eurofighter. But right now it's all talk and I don't expect any official negotiations to start until 2014.

For the tanks Iraq has three main options which were discussed. The Abrams, which Iraq plans to aquire about 650 of, the Korean K2, and the Russia T90. The T 90 was offered to Iraq but it was refused so it is most likely out of the picture. Iraq is trying to attain EDA's from the USA as they cut down their tank divisions. Iraq already got 140 abrams and they were all assigned to their divisions. However Iraq recently ordered 6 Tanks, this is most likely to train new crew for the next batch of 140.

Iraq already has most of its needs filled for basic training for both the army and Air force. So I doubt cooperation it will be low-level training. I was thinking about advanced pilot , large scale battlefield, special units training. And most likely training the Officers in a "train the trainer" approach.

Iraq is looking for something that can compete with F 15's F-18's, euro fighters and other advanced aircrafts. I doubt The JF-17 could compete with the different classes of fighters that the neighboring countries have. The F-16's are an excellent fighter to start with since Iraq will only deal with internal disputes for the time being, they will also take care of anything that Syria and Iran have. Iraq may delay purchases of other fighters and attempt to possibly jump to 5th generation fighters. Russia has shown great tendency to sell advanced weapons unlike the US. But right now there is a lot of pressure against Iraq, each of the superpowers and regional powers are trying to pull Iraq towards their side. John Kerry just arrived to Iraq in attempt to change the stance on Syria. Russian is most likely expecting something in return for Arms deal,

It's a big mess really, no one can expect anything in terms of the Armaments. But Iraq has certainly learned its lesson. Iraq right now is upgrading much of its equipment to be fit for guerrilla warfare. Quantity over quality is not an option after we saw what happened to the old army.

This is how i see it.

An advance jet to meet IQAGF's immideate needs = F-16s without AMRAAMS
A Medium tech jet to keep up with the numarical balance = Mig-29,J-10,JF-17?
A High tech jet for frontline role = T-50?

I think that when it comes to counter terrorism, Pakistan and Iraq could both share their skills cause Iraq is pretty experienced in this field.
Joint training like the previous with Turkey and Saudi arabia is what they probably mean as seen on Pakarmychannel.
Iraq could really use Pakistans help to create a more effective intelligence agency since ISI is known to be one of the best in the world, They could help them fighting terrorism more effective.

Counter terrorism and intelligence indeed is an area where both countries can,help each other.
@Icarus @F.O.X @Luftwaffe @Xeric

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?

Why do Pakistanis think that loving someone means that you hate the other?

Pakistan should cooperate with everyone, but should not allow anyone to interfere in our affairs.

As of yet we are still heavily dominated by GCC and Iranian influence and interference..GCC does not produce anything in terms of intellectualism and scientific exports. If Pakistan and GCC were to break diplomatic relations Pakistan would simply find another market for its exports of goods and services while there would be no more Hajj and Umrah - a positive move for the economy as it would save valuable foreign exchange which can be spent in local economy. The insecure Arabs have only religion to cling on to in the name of ummah brotherhood therefore they can never give up covert ideological export to every Muslim country willing to take it to their heart.

Counter terrorism and intelligence indeed is an area where both countries can,help each other.
@Icarus @F.O.X @Luftwaffe @Xeric

The current terror atmosphere is alike with similarities in Iraq and Pakistan indeed both can coop join and work to implement wider counter terrorism & intelligence strategies learned in past decade but I am concerned if US propagate false propaganda against Pakistan's hand in Iraq to restrict our cooperation with Iraq.

This is big news, it also means that Iraq can buy up our hardware and weapon systems, Iraq is a potential customer of MFI-Super Mashak,K-8P and the JF-17 Thunder.

Iraq can prove to be a goldmine for Pakistani military industry and services, Iraq is in need of 1000s of High/medium tech tanks which means its a potential market for AK-I/II. We also as a friend of Iraq have an obligation to help build their defenses. We also should offer to train their Army officers at PMA and their Spec ops at Cherat.
@nabil_05

Playing is US hands, we will need a strong foreign office and active def sector teams to carry out any defense deals with Iraq. In today's Global Village, lots of supplier pounce on any business opportunity so to extract any good, i hope we employ right people to carry this job!

As of yet we are still heavily dominated by GCC and Iranian influence and interference..GCC does not produce anything in terms of intellectualism and scientific exports. If Pakistan and GCC were to break diplomatic relations Pakistan would simply find another market for its exports of goods and services while there would be no more Hajj and Umrah - a positive move for the economy as it would save valuable foreign exchange which can be spent in local economy. The insecure Arabs have only religion to cling on to in the name of ummah brotherhood therefore they can never give up covert ideological export to every Muslim country willing to take it to their heart.

Unfair again. Diplomacy means to keep a window open. Pakistan as a state must have relations with almost everyone it is own interests irrespective of religion.

Regarding Hajj, Should jews also be reprimanded from visiting Israel? They spend and tourism gets good.

Saudis do take advantage of Hajj, but this does not amount to severing ties. Just get strict with them and ban their funds and people to preach their hate in Pakistan.

Unfair again. Diplomacy means to keep a window open. Pakistan as a state must have relations with almost everyone it is own interests irrespective of religion.

Regarding Hajj, Should jews also be reprimanded from visiting Israel? They spend and tourism gets good.

Saudis do take advantage of Hajj, but this does not amount to severing ties. Just get strict with them and ban their funds and people to preach their hate in Pakistan.

Hajj & Umrah should be heavily taxed or completely outlawed. People should be taught the reality of imperialism rather than letting the society play in the hands of jahil mullahs...they are pawn of foreign powers for a very good reason. No one can deceive, manipulate and scam the society like they do and the religious fervor sparked by such idiots means more hajj and umrah pilgrims each year.

I think that Hajj and Ummrah should be free/ I agree that mullahs are stupid. They should be banned, 70 year old maulvie marring 20 year old girls, and ten of them at the same time, thts wrong. I think people should only be allowed to go for hajj once so that the place wont be so overcrowded.

You're a bit of a moron I think. a few post before thiis one you said Pakistan needs to increase relations with Iran and now he is woffling on about Iran's interferrence lol. Make your mind up dude :lol:

Is this guy for real? Turkey invades your airspace and bomb inside your country ( reason is not important) and you say it is enough for anything Iran and Syria have? You want to start another Iran-Iraq conflict?

Iran helped Iraqis fight the saudi scum wahabis who were trying to destroy Iraq. don't forget if Iran wants, it can turn your country upside down by simply allowing the wahabis to get a foothold in Iraq again. so be grateful at least.

You're a bit of a moron I think. a few post before thiis one you said Pakistan needs to increase relations with Iran and now he is woffling on about Iran's interferrence lol. Make your mind up dude :lol:

Is this guy for real? Turkey invades your airspace and bomb inside your country ( reason is not important) and you say it is enough for anything Iran and Syria have? You want to start another Iran-Iraq conflict?

Iran helped Iraqis fight the saudi scum wahabis who were trying to destroy Iraq. don't forget if Iran wants, it can turn your country upside down by simply allowing the wahabis to get a foothold in Iraq again. so be grateful at least.

Yu threatening bro?
Do not forget, Iraq could invite NATO to use its airspace and land to bomb Tehran.

Your behaving like a kid dude, this is not a game and Iran cannot just let in wahabis cause the Iraqi military acts independent from Iran, you might cause chaos in Iraq with your own militias but you have no control over Saudis coming here..
What is wrong with Iraq building up its military to be able to confront its neighbours ? Iran might be allies with Iraq today that does not mean anything, Iran is still a threat to Iraq on the map.
Dream over your empire somewhere else

Yu threatening bro?
Do not forget, Iraq could invite NATO to use its airspace and land to bomb Tehran.

Your behaving like a kid dude, this is not a game and Iran cannot just let in wahabis cause the Iraqi military acts independent from Iran, you might cause chaos in Iraq with your own militias but you have no control over Saudis coming here..
What is wrong with Iraq building up its military to be able to confront its neighbours ? Iran might be allies with Iraq today that does not mean anything, Iran is still a threat to Iraq on the map.
Dream over your empire somewhere else

Iraq has no choice over NATO going into it's air space anyway little kid. You can't do jack about it. You can't even stop the Turk invading your air space.
second, Iran is not ally with Iraq but with Iraqi shia brothers and sisters. You're a fool if you think Iran is an ally with the entire Iraq with is also composed of wahabis saudi terrorists.

second, Iran is threat to Iraq in what sense? Iran is planing to invade Iraq or something? you say I am behaving like a kid?

Maybe @Abii @Era_923 @kollang @surrena @mohsen can shed some light on how Iran is planing to invade Iraq :lol:

seiously man, you people are bunch of jackasses, even after Iran helps you people from all them saudi terrorists now Iran is also a threat. :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom