What's new

Pakistan India peace - What are benefits?

One big advantage for India will be the birth of real secularism. Separation of religion and state - in reality instead of on paper. Jingoism and fear will go.

But none of that will happen as the base condition (peace) will never be satisfied.

I despise all those who in my view commit crimes against humanity such as jehadis responsible for killing 164 innocent Indians during 2008 Mumbai attack. I fail to see any justification for shooting someone just because he is of different race, religion or sect.

I admire India’s secularism but there are two instances which I cannot forget and or forgive because to me these were crimes against humanity. First was the 1984 massacre of Sikhs following the assassination of Indra Gandhi and second was 2002 anti-Muslim killing spree in Gujrat. Rajiv Gandhi died long ago and I wouldn’t bad mouth a person who is no more.

Call me the most bigoted person in the world but after the massacre of Gujrat Muslims under Modi Chief Ministership, I have no other words to describe Narender Modi but as a butcher. I would call all other persons who committed similar crimes against humanity such as Milosevic of Serbia, leaders of Nazi Germany, Joseph Stalin, Ayatollah Khalkhali of Iran and Arial Sharon for the Sabra & Shatila massacre of the Palestinians, butchers as well.

Kashmir is the sore point and anyone who knows history will agree that Nehru went back on his promise to Sheikh Abdulla. In August 1953, Abdullah was dismissed and arrested and replaced by Bakshi Ghulam Mohammed who then got the accession to India formally ratified in 1954 and Kashmir became part of India. However that is water under the bridge.

I am philosophical enough to realize that Pakistan is not likely to capture Kashmir by force any time in the foreseeable future. At the same time India is not going to give it away. Only possible solution is to have conditions like Canada/US border where Kashmiris on both sides are allowed to intermingle and visit each other freely. This is also not likely to happen during the butcher Modi’s premiership.

No doubt there have been no wars between the two countries since 1971, thank heavens for that. But we are living in a constant state of uneasy peace.

Needless to say that despite hating current Indian Prime Minister, I actually like visiting India. However it is not easy to get an Indian visa even though I have UK passport. I have been to India 3 times and visited Delhi, Agra, Mumbai & Madras. Each time enjoyed it to the full, specially the traditional cuisine of old Delhi and the historical monuments.

There can never be peace in South Asia unless India gets to become the Brahmin and Pakistan gets to become the Shudar.
India seeks hegemony, for it to achieve it must destroy its opposition, which in this case is Pakistan. Once Pakistan is out of the scene, no one will question India's authority in S.A and India would be able to project power at will...

You may be correct that the current crop of Indian leadership want a total domination of South Asia however I think both countries have far more in common than differences at the population level. And I, for one, believe that India and Pakistan's destinies are inter-twined in a peaceful co-existence. At least I don't believe that only one will walk of the ring alive: Both are heavily populated countries and can't afford to have hundreds of millions destroyed people living right next door. I mean look at Afghanistan and how much Pakistan is held back because of that medieval country since at least 1979.

In my opinion the course of action would be for India to be a Big Brother like America is to UK, Canada etc IF the relationship between India and other South Asian countries has to in such un-equal equation. Fact is that India has managed its political evolution better, is economically much stronger, and is the strategic center of South Asia. And I believe the ball is in India's court: To become a large hearted Big Brother and take the whole region along. Sure, India can, and is already moving ahead but even this is far, far below India's potentials given the regional rivalries.

Sure, India can, and is already moving ahead but even this is far, far below India's potentials given the regional rivalries.

India is NOT held back because of its rivalries with Pakistan

It has slowed down and not achieved more because of our own
BAD governance and corruption

Our defence budget is NOT causing any harm to the economy

@niaz

Whenever we have liberalised travel we have had to face more influx of
people who came with BAD intentions and also those who dont want to leave
and simply vanish

India is NOT held back because of its rivalries with Pakistan

It has slowed down and not achieved more because of our own
BAD governance and corruption

Our defence budget is NOT causing any harm to the economy

India is performing below potential because of the regional situation. I think the growth rate can be even higher in India and its surrounding countries WHEN there will be peace, free flow of ideas, investments, and better tourism. The Subcontinent has a lot going for it despite its huge population, in terms of natural resources and human capital.

@niaz

If Pakistan is really serious about Peace then all it has to do is dismantle the
terror infrastructure ; and stop infiltration

More people to people contact ; trade ; cricket matches
ALL these means nothing if soldiers are getting killed at the border

I despise all those who in my view commit crimes against humanity such as jehadis responsible for killing 164 innocent Indians during 2008 Mumbai attack. I fail to see any justification for shooting someone just because he is of different race, religion or sect.

I admire India’s secularism but there are two instances which I cannot forget and or forgive because to me these were crimes against humanity. First was the 1984 massacre of Sikhs following the assassination of Indra Gandhi and second was 2002 anti-Muslim killing spree in Gujrat. Rajiv Gandhi died long ago and I wouldn’t bad mouth a person who is no more.

Call me the most bigoted person in the world but after the massacre of Gujrat Muslims under Modi Chief Ministership, I have no other words to describe Narender Modi but as a butcher. I would call all other persons who committed similar crimes against humanity such as Milosevic of Serbia, leaders of Nazi Germany, Joseph Stalin, Ayatollah Khalkhali of Iran and Arial Sharon for the Sabra & Shatila massacre of the Palestinians, butchers as well.

Kashmir is the sore point and anyone who knows history will agree that Nehru went back on his promise to Sheikh Abdulla. In August 1953, Abdullah was dismissed and arrested and replaced by Bakshi Ghulam Mohammed who then got the accession to India formally ratified in 1954 and Kashmir became part of India. However that is water under the bridge.

I am philosophical enough to realize that Pakistan is not likely to capture Kashmir by force any time in the foreseeable future. At the same time India is not going to give it away. Only possible solution is to have conditions like Canada/US border where Kashmiris on both sides are allowed to intermingle and visit each other freely. This is also not likely to happen during the butcher Modi’s premiership.

No doubt there have been no wars between the two countries since 1971, thank heavens for that. But we are living in a constant state of uneasy peace.

Needless to say that despite hating current Indian Prime Minister, I actually like visiting India. However it is not easy to get an Indian visa even though I have UK passport. I have been to India 3 times and visited Delhi, Agra, Mumbai & Madras. Each time enjoyed it to the full, specially the traditional cuisine of old Delhi and the historical monuments.

oh the usual victim card.

you always forget your own acts of blatant violence, but start crying for even a scratch to the Muslims.

anyways, you are hurt so much about Godhra, I want to know whats your views on:

1) Godhra train burning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) The total annihilation of Hindus from Pakistan. (The Godhra incident seems like a tiny dust particle in front of it). I would call it a genocide of Hindus in Pakistan.

so whats ur view on this? I am sure it never crossed your mind.

and that's not all there is more. Muslims have been killing Hindus since the time the first Muslims landed in this region. Offcourse you don't have anything to say about that. Or do you have an opinion on below items also??

3) Persecution of Hindus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) ‘In 1971, Muslims murdered 2.4 million Hindus and raped 200,000 Hindu women’ | The Muslim Issue

To be true, there has been no race/religion more barbaric and inhumane as Muslims in this region for the last 1000 years. So look deep, very deep into your own mirror before pointing even a nail at India or Hindus in terms of atrocities committed on the other religion.

In my opinion the course of action would be for India to be a Big Brother like America is to UK, Canada etc IF the relationship between India and other South Asian countries has to in such un-equal equation. Fact is that India has managed its political evolution better, is economically much stronger, and is the strategic center of South Asia. And I believe the ball is in India's court: To become a large hearted Big Brother and take the whole region along. Sure, India can, and is already moving ahead but even this is far, far below India's potentials given the regional rivalries.

Sorry boss, you already got a VERY BIG PAKISTAN for all the Muslims.

I think that's big enough heart shown by India in 1947.

I think now its time you guys stop being OVERLY greedy.

Last edited:
India is performing below potential because of the regional situation. .

That is your opinion NOT a fact

Our weaknesses are purely INTERNAL ;relating to governance ;
bureaucratic inertia ; corruption

Still we are moving forward at 7 Percent Per annum

I think the growth rate can be even higher in India and its surrounding countries WHEN there will be peace, free flow of ideas, investments, and better tourism. The Subcontinent has a lot going for it despite its huge population, in terms of natural resources and human capital.

For this to happen ; Pakistan has to get its ACT together

India Pakistan trade is JUST 0.5 % of our total trade

Right now Pakistani economy is in a bad shape and we dont see much prospects
for increasing the bilateral trade

Investment in any case is RULED out because of the LACK of trust

Firstly Arab is not entire world, secondly please come out of past, world have developed and move ahead, but some how pakistan is still stuck in history. If you get time, do read about India's medical tourism and medical mights.
\

First learn what is being discussed then jump into. Indians are pathetic nation, they are nothing yet they think they are something.

Definently think peace between both countries would be the best situation and especially the economic revival that would happen in South Asia with the peace would really benefit both countries.

Ok lets say Pakistan and India resolve their differences finally. Border disputes are settled. Peace treaty is signed.
What else could happen?
Trade rise, more university to get education, tourists from indian and EU, boost in local film industry, etc etc

oh the usual victim card.

you always forget your own acts of blatant violence, but start crying for even a scratch to the Muslims.

anyways, you are hurt so much about Godhra, I want to know whats your views on:

1) Godhra train burning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) The total annihilation of Hindus from Pakistan. (The Godhra incident seems like a tiny dust particle in front of it). I would call it a genocide of Hindus in Pakistan.

so whats ur view on this? I am sure it never crossed your mind.

and that's not all there is more. Muslims have been killing Hindus since the time the first Muslims landed in this region. Offcourse you don't have anything to say about that. Or do you have an opinion on below items also??

3) Persecution of Hindus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) ‘In 1971, Muslims murdered 2.4 million Hindus and raped 200,000 Hindu women’ | The Muslim Issue

To be true, there has been no race/religion more barbaric and inhumane as Muslims in this region for the last 1000 years. So look deep, very deep into your own mirror before pointing even a nail at India or Hindus in terms of atrocities committed on the other religion.

Sorry boss, you already got a VERY BIG PAKISTAN for all the Muslims.

I think that's big enough heart shown by India in 1947.

I think now its time you guys stop being OVERLY greedy.

My reply is simply “One wrong does not justify another wrong”.

Gujarat Muslims were in no way involved or responsible for the killing of Hindus in 1971 East Pakistan nor mistreatment of Hindus in current Pakistan. I repeat that in my view killing another human being simply because he/she belongs to different race, colour, religion or sect is a crime against humanity. Narender Modi was Chief Minister, law & order was his responsibility; in my book he is culpable.

You have every right to disagree with my opinion. However I am amazed at your rationale. As I understand; you think that it was justified to kill Gujarat Muslims in 2008 because Muslims killed 2.4-million Hindus in 1971 in Bengal!

I cannot argue with a person who, instead punishing the real guilty party, would instead punish a totally innocent person living 500 km away 35 years later, just because the innocent person happen to be of the same religion by the accident of birth.

Pray tell me, why stop in Gujarat, there are plenty more Muslims living in Delhi, Bihar & Hyderabad. After all as you assert, Muslims have been killing Hindus since 700 AD, why not kill a few more to quench your thirst for retribution?

You are the shining example of an educated, sane and civilised human being. Please accept my compliments.

Sorry to disappoint you, Pakistani medical facilities are far better then India. Cancer, Diabetes, Heart, bone, skin, eyes, etc all are second to none in the world.

@Topic

Another ostrich.....until 2008, there was no hospital with Liver transplant facility. I think there is just one Hospital in the whole of Pakistan doing it...that too with visiting Indian doctors. Go to any renowned hospital in Punjab/Delhi you will find thousands of Pakistani patients.

My reply is simply “One wrong does not justify another wrong”.

Gujarat Muslims were in no way involved or responsible for the killing of Hindus in 1971 East Pakistan nor mistreatment of Hindus in current Pakistan. I repeat that in my view killing another human being simply because he/she belongs to different race, colour, religion or sect is a crime against humanity. Narender Modi was Chief Minister, law & order was his responsibility; in my book he is culpable.

You have every right to disagree with my opinion. However I am amazed at your rationale. As I understand; you think that it was justified to kill Gujarat Muslims in 2008 because Muslims killed 2.4-million Hindus in 1971 in Bengal!
Where did you come up with this bizarre argument...Gujarat riot has nothing to do with 1971...it happened in 2002 and the riots were instigated by burning 52 Hindu pilgrims in Godhra...please read what people post before coming with meaningless statements. A group of pilgrims gave shelter to a inter-religion couple...a Muslim girl and a Hindu boy...the girls relative along with local goons burned a train compartment...and what happened next is a tragic incident.

Now coming to N.Modi...yes he was he CM, he did what he was supposed to asked for additional force from neighbouring states and centre which was denied. Gujarat riot is the only riot in the Indian history where more Hindus were killed by police than rioters...Thousands of riots have taken place in India...but none had to go through the media trials and public humiliation...like Modi. There was a concious efforts to demonize him...and which have been successful. However, the next 12 years as CM of Gujarat he has changed perception...if elimination of Muslim was the idea why wasn't there any major riots in the state since 2002??

You may be correct that the current crop of Indian leadership want a total domination of South Asia however I think both countries have far more in common than differences at the population level. And I, for one, believe that India and Pakistan's destinies are inter-twined in a peaceful co-existence. At least I don't believe that only one will walk of the ring alive: Both are heavily populated countries and can't afford to have hundreds of millions destroyed people living right next door. I mean look at Afghanistan and how much Pakistan is held back because of that medieval country since at least 1979.

You are very naive ,my friend. Indian Hindus at least hate Pakistanis with absolute loathing, for we remind them of a past they'd rather forget.

Only place India has for Pakistan is at its feet, as a subject. They have seeked to destroy us frim day one. They can't tolerate Muslims in Kashmir who are armed with stones, what makes you think they'll tolerate Muslims in Pakistan who are armed with Nukes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom