What's new

Pakistan India peace - What are benefits?

India will become more stable and will be able to exploit a massive market sat on its borders, Pakistani consumers will benefit enormously and given India is that much further ahead in its development model it will be able to assist Pakistan in dealing with common issues (poverty, illness, infrastructure issues etc).

India will always work on bellicose jingoistic foreign policy framework derived from kautliya chanakya philosophies to destroyand take over pakistan. If india wanted stable pak why she built dam on our waters. i cant write in detail now but i can write essays on your ill will towards us.
And i dont wnat anything to do with india. india couldnt even make a good neighbour to anyone anyone bhutan nepal etc etc.
I can never in my life forget the atrocities committed against kashmiris.

That and all other opinions matter just as much as the sound my flush makes when I use it to send my last meal on its way.
Hope that last meal get stuck in bowels for 2 days...:lol:

India will become more stable and will be able to exploit a massive market sat on its borders, Pakistani consumers will benefit enormously and given India is that much further ahead in its development model it will be able to assist Pakistan in dealing with common issues (poverty, illness, infrastructure issues etc).
Au contrare', I think the initial years will actually bring both parties down as the other adjusts slowly to the reality of not having a threat there anymore and the opening of new markets and market competitors. After this adjustment however, things will really take off.

Au contrare', I think the initial years will actually bring both parties down as the other adjusts slowly to the reality of not having a threat there anymore and the opening of new markets and market competitors. After this adjustment however, things will really take off.

Contrary to what is being said about "the possibility of peace" , I would argue that we already have it. Violence is at such a low level as to be negligible. Some ceasefire violations are not a very big deal considering our history, the fact that there was so much discussion on the recent cases of firing at the border shows the distance we have moved. Prior to the establishment of the ceasefire in 2003, we routinely had heavy artillery being used which hasn't happened in over a decade now. Now we get worked up over firing from light weapons & mortars being used. We have already redefined our "hostilities". Trade is now being discussed and the MFN (NDMA) will be given by Pakistan probably within this year or the next. Short of a major terrorist attack , we are at a level that constitutes some kind of peace. Maybe not the most ideal kind but it will have to do.

You should see what kind of business relations India share with rest of the world and most of the countries will happily dump pakistan if they have to make a choice between India and Pakistan for trade relations. Gone are days, where land connectivity use to matter much, today economic connectivity and business relationship matters, and that provides solutions to all issues :D

Mistaken. You don't realise do you? Carefully examine the events that happened in past 12 years and then tell me if business matters more to the world or their interests? You may have 1 billion plus to consume their products but they need a guarantor who can assure them safety of their interests.

Jinnah was in Congress. He was ambitious and Gandhi was a dictator. They had to clash. But so did Subhas. He tried to free India. Jinnah ji tried and succeeded in breaking it. I don't hate him, considering the weak and submissive and cowardly nature of our people, it is probably better that the border was drawn. The damage inflicted on 25% on the rest was disproportionately high. I am not blaming anyone - it was a free for all, I agree. Also taali ek hath se nahi bajti. But the India has moved forward from the incident. If you have, good for you. :) It's high time actually.

Jinnah was a wise person (so were others) he soon realised his mistake and understood early that joining Congress is actually submission to rule of majority who are not willing to share. He was made to think otherwise and he succeeded in his revised goals, and that was I am sure not because of weak and submissive and cowardly nature of your people, in fact it was lust for power and rule and the intention not to share it with others.

Let me be honest unless you stop believing in that centuries old politics rule "Your neighbor is your enemy and neighbor of your neighbor is your friend" we cannot have peace.:p:

You are very naive ,my friend. Indian Hindus at least hate Pakistanis with absolute loathing, for we remind them of a past they'd rather forget.

Only place India has for Pakistan is at its feet, as a subject. They have seeked to destroy us frim day one. They can't tolerate Muslims in Kashmir who are armed with stones, what makes you think they'll tolerate Muslims in Pakistan who are armed with Nukes?
http://tribune.com.pk/story/13533/pakistan-vs-india-the-widening-gap/

Hopes without any basis are just delusions and fantasies

India is ready for peace but Pakistan is NOT
Pakistan wants kashmir ; what is your view there

And since they cant get it ; they believe that we must endure their support to terrorist activities
directed against India

How HARD is that to understand

And FRANKLY speaking ; even if we were to give KASHMIR on a platter they will still be
inimical towards us

It is a civilisational battle ; not for the dreamy eyed
Times 're changing!!!
Many within Pakistan 've understood that kashmir is nothing but a Potemkin village. They 've more serious issues to deal with at domestic level, and the issues would further escalate with Pak supporting Yemen war. Kashmir issue would soon gather dust....
Simultaneoulsy on Indian side Kashmiri Muslims have understood that they were being used as pawns by the other side. A good governance will help improve the situation further.
Kashmir is an old horse now!

You sure you are not her safety net?

how do I ascertain it ?

actually I am from a descent b-school and doing well in career. Maybe she is just networking with me or future opportunities ?

Also, she was really into me in final year of undergrad. (if you get the meaning) Still calls me an idiot for not picking the cues. But she has a boyfriend now who has a much better resume than me (sadly)

I feel like an idiot !

Well its a string or thread tied by the girl on boys hand to brand him as brother... :P

gtfo :P

There is a price for living. We need to pay it. Or we can raise our hands and surrender. It's a harsh world. Please come out of the traditional peaceful 'om shanti' Hindu thinking. :) We need Chanakyas, Krishnas, and Ramas - not Arjunas or Bhishmas.
Dude you seriously need to rethink on what you are saying...look around the world...is this cost paid by western world? Am I for once saying lower your guard??...however does that mean cost that we are paying means nothing?? Had there been peace it would have been great...now since there it is not there we need to ensure we bring whatever cost we are paying to bare minimum...unfortunately our attitude is mere "RIP" whenever we hear about our next fallen lad and then move on for the next beer....feeling proud of being chanakyas...the krishnas...the ramas...

Back
Top Bottom