What's new

Pakistan, India amongst top 5 most dangerous countries for women.

Yeah you are right. Laws are not strict in our country. Violence against women has increased in the last two years specially in Punjab. Incidences of acid attacks have increased as well.

As for this list, i am not surprised. I was expecting this.

Its not much to do with laws, but with their enactments.
In india the laws are very much skewed in favour of women but its the law enforcement which fails.

The laws are at place but the problem is how many are willing to exercise them.

"Izzat" is something tied up with women in India as well as Pak. Not even half of the women harassment and sexual abuse comes out and are brushed under the carpet for the sake of the same "izzat" of family. Society must stand against the abuser not against the abused girl but alas the truth is just opposite.

it's bad out there but definitely not 3rd, compared to other countries our women are much more safer and advanced. i mean even the u.s. hasn't had a women lead their country (as a president yet) and we had bhutto for 2 terms (unfortunately).

this poll is definitely biased, what happened to rwanda and all the other countries in africa that go far enough to practice forced female circumcision.

No doubt that people here are much more open minded than the world expect us to be. However, we can't deny that violence against women in our country is a big issue specially in rural areas. Urban women are safe, secure and independent but when you come to rural women, they are treated like animals. They are not aware of their rights and are illiterate. They consider violence against themselves as a norm. It's the rural area we should concentrate on.

I think it has to do with our culture ..
That whole equality thing still has not sunk in the rural areas.

culture??...well kerala isnt that different in culture from rest of india and pakistan, but the sex ratio and the situation here (inspite of the fact that almost every case gets reported here) is much better for women.
culture again???...i think its got more to do with attitude.

Why do we men go out in the night? (party, clubs, night life). why should the women who are part of our daily life go out at night with us to enjoy the night breez or a night drive.
When men can go out at night, why not women? Your representaion of the post shows that you always want women to be under some ones protection.
but what i suggest is that, let men increase their moral value so that women will not face trouble from men.

in india women can go to pubs.. party or else but in pakistan women cant go in nights in villages areas pakistani culture its not like indian culture

No doubt that people here are much more open minded than the world expect us to be. However, we can't deny that violence against women in our country is a big issue specially in rural areas. Urban women are safe, secure and independent but when you come to rural women, they are treated like animals. They are not aware of their rights and are illiterate. They consider violence against themselves as a norm. It's the rural area we should concentrate on.

I am from south India, and we have the least violance against women in the whole country, and do you know why? its because of litracy in the south. If litracy in improved in all parts of India and Pakistan we can reduce ill treatment of women in rural parts too.

Unfortunatly thats not completly true in india . Urban areas are sometimes more dangerous for women than rural areas.

in india women can go to pubs.. party or else but in pakistan women cant go in nights in villages areas pakistani culture its not like indian culture

I know that pakistani women are not enjoying freedom as indian women do. but i do not get what you are saying from your post. Kindly, can you be more specific.

I know that pakistani women are not enjoying freedom as indian women do. but i do not get what you are saying from your post. Kindly, can you be more specific.

u call thats freedom womens are going to dance bars ,pubs ,clubs,so if these is freedom then islam reject these freedom

u call thats freedom womens are going to dance bars ,pubs ,clubs,so if these is freedom then islam reject these freedom

oh, men can have 4 wives but dancing is prohibited as per Islam. this is what is called as male dominance. I am not pointing to the general Pakistani or Islamic population in this post. I know that there are lot of men in Pakistan who belive in equal rights and freedom to women.

Either pubs, dance bars should altogether be banned or there should be equal freedom for men & women to go there. U cant have different views for men & women.

Back
Top Bottom