What's new

Pakistan, India amongst top 5 most dangerous countries for women.

Guys there is a thread already running on this topic "Pakistan ranks 3rd on list of most dangerous countries for women" so either post there or make this one as the primary thread for this discussions.

it's bad out there but definitely not 3rd, compared to other countries our women are much more safer and advanced. i mean even the u.s. hasn't had a women lead their country (as a president yet) and we had bhutto for 2 terms (unfortunately).

this poll is definitely biased, what happened to rwanda and all the other countries in africa that go far enough to practice forced female circumcision.

Comparing Rwanda is not going get us in the right direction. The path for India and Pakistan for better prosperity likes in fulfilling Gandhi's dream where he told the real freedom is achieved when a women can walk free of trouble in the darkest night of the streets.
To achieve this, we need to change the male dominent socity to a socity were both the gender behave as equals.

I am not sure on the other aspects of on which women are put in harms way in India, but i am sure, killing girl baby in the fetous has increased manyfolds in India, you can see this in the change in the sex ratio.
Other problems like, sexual abuse, non sexual abuse, honor killing and child marriages have reduced drastically due to strict law. Honor killing has capital punishment in India.

Honour killings in India have increased by looking at incidents reported frequently in recent time

Female foeticide in india ?
what about figures of unmarried-abortions in westen countries , doesn't that a foeticide as well but it only reffered as abortion ?

Does it justify the crime in India?

abortions in western countries are NOT By force in most of the cases, while in third world women are subjected to force for doing so.

the killing of unborn baby girls in India has been on the rise all the way

@janaji
its not an actual increase in number of honour killings.
The media have started covering the news extensively just now as they have recognized that it gives higher TRP's.
Before this the limelight and reporting on this was lesser.

Does it justify the crime in India?

abortions in western countries are NOT By force in most of the cases, while in third world women are subjected to force for doing so.

the killing of unborn baby girls in India has been on the rise all the way

Jana, you are premium member in this forum, kindly act like one. Rather than pointing fingers at India, post some thing useful on how to reduce these cases and by the way look at the report, Bith India and Pakistan are fighting for the first and second spot. Kindly post in either of the threads http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/114645-india-4th-most-dangerous-country-world-women.html or http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/114625-pakistan-ranks-3rd-list-most-dangerous-countries-women-2.html .

@janaji
its not an actual increase in number of honour killings.
The media have started covering the news extensively just now as they have recognized that it gives higher TRP's.
Before this the limelight and reporting on this was lesser.

yes i agree as now Indian media had started reporting honour killings in India so we all see these cases happening there. but as always the situation in subcontinent including my country its just tip of the ice burg. many many cases are unreported so personally i think the figure is much higher

Jana, you are premium member in this forum, kindly act like one. Rather than pointing fingers at India, post some thing useful on how to reduce these cases and by the way look at the report, Bith India and Pakistan are fighting for the first and second spot. Kindly post in either of the threads http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/114645-india-4th-most-dangerous-country-world-women.html or http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/114625-pakistan-ranks-3rd-list-most-dangerous-countries-women-2.html .

:) you know these cases can be reduced only if you Indians and we and other countries mentioned in the list stop shying away and hiding behind references of western countries and stop calling stating of facts as finger pointing to india.

2. instead of separate threads for bashing India and Pakistan we should merge or open ONE thread with heading most "dangerous" countries for women.

3. and then give some positive suggestions instead of dck measuring contest

Comparing Rwanda is not going get us in the right direction. The path for India and Pakistan for better prosperity likes in fulfilling Gandhi's dream where he told the real freedom is achieved when a women can walk free of trouble in the darkest night of the streets.
To achieve this, we need to change the male dominent socity to a socity were both the gender behave as equals.

why would a women leave her house and walk on streets in dark nights?:what:

:) you know these cases can be reduced only if you Indians and we and other countries mentioned in the list stop shying away and hiding behind references of western countries and stop calling stating of facts as finger pointing to india.

2. instead of separate threads for bashing India and Pakistan we should merge or open ONE thread with heading most "dangerous" countries for women.

3. and then give some positive suggestions instead of dck measuring contest

You are a pecimist and i can not help you there. I look for opertunities for a win win situation. where are your post are loosing quality day by day like what the media in India and Pakistan does. and to your fact go and read the other thread on this topic where i have given my opinion on a positive note to improve the quality of life women in both our nations can be done by changing our attitude on treating girls as kitchen machines.

why would a women leave her house and walk on streets in dark nights?:what:

Why do we men go out in the night? (party, clubs, night life). why should the women who are part of our daily life go out at night with us to enjoy the night breez or a night drive.
When men can go out at night, why not women? Your representaion of the post shows that you always want women to be under some ones protection.
but what i suggest is that, let men increase their moral value so that women will not face trouble from men.

Very sad state in our country we pray to our godess we respect them arent they females to be frank i would be more than happy to have a babby girl than having a boy only and only education can help in this and states like up bihar jharkand mp rajasthan are more effected by this

You are a pecimist and i can not help you there. I look for opertunities for a win win situation. where are your post are loosing quality day by day like what the media in India and Pakistan does. and to your fact go and read the other thread on this topic where i have given my opinion on a positive note to improve the quality of life women in both our nations can be done by changing our attitude on treating girls as kitchen machines.

you are as much paranoid as anyone from India who are afraid of highlighting ills of India.

period now post on the topic and stop your BS personal attacks.

and dont compare your pathetic media with Pakistani vibrant media

Back
Top Bottom