What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

My comment was in response to I-Class frigate rumour for PN.

LF-2400 has room for a much longer VLS (7m +) which the I-Class doesn't.

If PN acquires the LF-2400, it can opt to fit the ship with new Chinese VLS (7m or possibly even 9m). That will make the LF-2400 LR-SAM capable. PN can opt for 8x4=32 DK-10 and 8 HHQ-9.

This is not the flexibility you enjoy with Mk 41 or Sylver, which even if sold to Pak, have limitations of permission & compatibility.
The IDEAS CSOC FFG's VLS seems elevated above the deck. Why can't they elevate even further so it can accommodate the 9 m VLS?

The IDEAS CSOC FFG's VLS seems elevated above the deck. Why can't they elevate even further so it can accommodate the 9 m VLS?

Given that the VLS on Type 054A can fire the CY-5 (which Jane's estimates at 5.5m + in length), the VLS is at least 6m long.

So, the difference is in the 0.7 - 1m range, which isn't a major one and has been adjusted by having a slightly elevated deck.

Its probably neither milgem nor Istanbul but a variant . that's why name pops up as milgem
The MILGEM has three variants.

The Ada corvette (2,300 tons), I-Class/Istanbul (3,000 tons) and LF-2400 (2,350 tons):

upload_2017-11-17_17-23-55.png

upload_2017-11-17_17-24-20.png

Iver Huitfeldt-class frigate

The best bang for our buck would be the Danish Navy frigates. They operate 3 air defense frigates that they made with just $325 million a pop. We can negotiate a downgraded and a smaller version of those which will still be better than any Chinese or Turkish frigates in capabilities and costing less or equal

The best bang for our buck would be the Danish Navy frigates. They operate 3 air defense frigates that they made with just $325 million a pop. We can negotiate a downgraded and a smaller version of those which will still be better than any Chinese or Turkish frigates in capabilities and costing less or equal

@Penguin Would know a lot about those.

the export price will be atleast 30% higher
i really doubt you will get anything cheaper than 500 million

the export price will be atleast 30% higher
i really doubt you will get anything cheaper than 500 million
Is it worth investing in that platform? What about building them in Pakistan? Will that reduce the overall price.
Chinese frigates are cheaper but lack quality and material is not great.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wonder if the 1 m increase in length is the result of a wider VLS (Read 7m Chinese VLS, cell diameter 0.85m).
Possibly. Did you notice the sensor suite? It has a phased array radar, low-probability intercept radar and a target illuminator (i.e. for semi-active radar-homing). Dual FL-3000N/RAM is also quite unconventional.

Possibly. Did you notice the sensor suite? It has a phased array radar, low-probability intercept radar and a target illuminator (i.e. for semi-active radar-homing). Dual FL-3000N/RAM is also quite unconventional.

Regarding 2 RAM launchers, the illustration depicts various possibilities (Crotale, Phalanx, RAM, etc).

One could take a Crotale launcher behind the main gun and a CIWS near the hangar area.

*Note that this illustration has been posted in Nov 16, months before LF-2400 discussions started on this forum.

Is it worth investing in that platform? What about building them in Pakistan? Will that reduce the overall price.
Chinese frigates are cheaper but lack quality and material is not great.
i am not a defence expert but when it comes to manufacturing china is not where it was 10 years ago, china has moved up 25 years in every sector in last 10 years. and from waht i have seen in other sectors, their manufacturing is as good as it get

yes 15 yeasr ago china economy was size of india, had little home grown products but china took advantage of Russian economy crash in lat 1990s(when their GDP dropped to whats pakistan GDP today!) and brought every piece of technology, nd built upon it

Back
Top Bottom