What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

According to information received, Negotiations are proceeding for credit mechanism betwen both nation. Pakistan demands to increase already revealed credit to be received via Eximbank to purchase both Milgem and T-129 Atak helicopters in same credit pack. Turkish side is on track to increase credit to be given to Pakistan, While demanding to take treasury guarantee from Pakistan side. BTW, It is said that the Milgem will be Istanbul class frigates for Pakistan, not corvette. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Appears to be a great deal, to bring in an Emerging Navy like Pakistan into Turkish Company's customer's list. Considering the potential to grow with Pakistan Navy lies higher as the Navy will certainly grow in next 10 years to minimum deterrance requirements in Asian continent

From growth / recurring order prespective , Pakistan is a very reputable customer and technology demonstrator infact we do participate in multiple Training missions globally

According to information received, Negotiations are proceeding for credit mechanism betwen both nation. Pakistan demands to increase already revealed credit to be received via Eximbank to purchase both Milgem and T-129 Atak helicopters in same credit pack. Turkish side is on track to increase credit to be given to Pakistan, While demanding to take treasury guarantee from Pakistan side. BTW, It is said that the Milgem will be Istanbul class frigates for Pakistan, not corvette. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Brilliant :tup:

Pak PM recently mentioned Milgem Ada class corvettes. Where did you get I-Class news?

Pakistan Navy has signed contract for Chinese frigates.

You have given us muhtesim news. Thank u for this wonderful news I hope this will only be a beginning.

This is the best news i have heard in a long time .. Thanks for the news brother:tup:

Interesting. Still, I think $2-3 bn (which is the equivalent of such a deal) is a lot for the Turk Eximbank in terms of risk. It's very surprising to me that Turkey would assume so much risk with Pakistan. Is it possible that Turkey is also working with third-party private banks to extend loans to Pakistan? IIRC Japan gave Qatar a loan to help fund the Rafale purchase.
Reis Erdo'an is all for taking "calculated" risks!!! And, it's been paying so far including leaving the compound just minutes before SEAL class commandoes attacked it with 7k rounds, taking a low flying chopper ride to the airport, and taking the plane to Istanbul while his plane's coordinates were being broadcasted live by network TVs!!! Not to mention NATO standard proxy traitor scum pilots in fully armed F16s were waiting for him, and along with them the entire Western civil and military leadership biting their nails to flesh!!!! If Allah-u Azimushshan opens a door it can't be closed, and if HE closes a door it can't be opened.....

Reis Erdo'an is all for taking "calculated" risks!!! And, it's been paying so far including leaving the compound just minutes before SEAL class commandoes attacked it with 7k rounds, taking a low flying chopper ride to the airport, and taking the plane to Istanbul while his plane's coordinates were being broadcasted live by network TVs!!! Not to mention NATO standard proxy traitor scum pilots in fully armed F16s were waiting for him, and along with them the entire Western civil and military leadership biting their nails to flesh!!!! If Allah-u Azimushshan opens a door it can't be closed, and if HE closes a door it can't be opened.....

Informative share on what actually took place that day , such details never reach the forefront
Any local news paper sources never knew there was a an actual assassination attempt

American channels on western front were a bit disappointed when news of failed coup attempt went viral, that much was obvious as their tone was quite sad and mellow

Last edited:

So his followers broadcast wrong coordinates and the Turkish rebel air force got fooled with that?

Pak PM recently mentioned Milgem Ada class corvettes. Where did you get I-Class news?

Pakistan Navy has signed contract for Chinese frigates.
In a weird way, I-Class frigates could make sense. How? Because the very first one meant for the Turkish Navy isn't due to be commissioned until 2021. In other words, there is a lot of time between any signature to the day the first Pakistani I-Class frigate could possibly enter sea trials. Four ships would be a decade-long program, easily longer, giving the PN time in between each vessel to accumulate funds for each installment. Remember, the I-Class isn't just a MILGEM Ada with a longer hull (that's LF-2400), I-Class is a major redesign.

In a weird way, I-Class frigates could make sense. How? Because the very first one meant for the Turkish Navy isn't due to be commissioned until 2021. In other words, there is a lot of time between any signature to the day the first Pakistani I-Class frigate could possibly enter sea trials. Four ships would be a decade-long program, easily longer, giving the PN time in between each vessel to accumulate funds for each installment. Remember, the I-Class isn't just a MILGEM Ada with a longer hull (that's LF-2400), I-Class is a major redesign.

IMO, I-Class doesn't offer anything significant over CSOC's IDEAS 2016 frigate design.

32 VLS cells (slated to quad-pack active radar DK-10 in future) vs 16 VLS (for 16x4=64 semi-active ESSM).
Both aren't capable of providing fleet level air defence with DK-10/LY-80N or ESSM/CAMM.

8* AShM vs 16 AShM. *The CSOC frigate has 32 VLS cells.

Why does Pakistan need two different frigate designs with similar capabilities?

Seems incorrect news to me. Pakistan has been negotiating Milgem corvettes for a decade now.

IMO, I-Class doesn't offer anything significant over CSOC's IDEAS 2016 frigate design.

32 VLS cells (slated to quad-pack active radar DK-10 in future) vs 16 VLS (for 16x4=64 semi-active ESSM).
Both aren't capable of providing fleet level air defence with DK-10/LY-80N or ESSM/CAMM.

8* AShM vs 16 AShM. *The CSOC frigate has 32 VLS cells.

Why does Pakistan need two different frigate designs with similar capabilities?

Seems incorrect news to me. Pakistan has been negotiating Milgem corvettes for a decade now.
The issue now with the MILGEM Ada is that it too isn't optimal.

If it was an issue of a cheap corvette to support CTF-150/151 and possible A2/AD tasks, then they got it with the Swift Corvette, which they had been negotiating in parallel with the MILGEM. The Ada is unnecessary for those tasks, which basically leaves conventional operations. If it's just A2/AD, then FAC and ASW-capable light corvettes (akin to the Bangladesh LPC or even more Swift Corvettes) could do the job for less.

The only sensible solution at this stage would be the LF-2400, essentially a lighter (2,350-tons) multi-mission complement to the CSOC FFG. If the CSOC FFG carries a high LACM load, then having it coordinate with the LF-2400 with MR-SAM and added ASW and AShW coverage net would be wise.

Yes the LF-2400 is a new design without real-world example, but the PN has selected such designs thrice: F-22P (albeit upgraded Type 053H3), PN Fleet Tanker and the Swift Corvette.

Adding another 10 m to the hull design for a VLS insert can't be cost prohibitive. The issue is sensor and AAW weapon suite, but they can find lower-cost options in the form of Sea Giraffe AMB (it cost the Philippines $12.5 m), Umkhonto IR (64-cells cost Algeria $61 m), Denel Dual Purpose Gun CIWS, etc. ASW can be bought from Turkey (e.g. Orca LWT) while AShW can be Turkish or even 'local'.

The issue now with the MILGEM Ada is that it too isn't optimal.

If it was an issue of a cheap corvette to support CTF-150/151 and possible A2/AD tasks, then they got it with the Swift Corvette, which they had been negotiating in parallel with the MILGEM. The Ada is unnecessary for those tasks, which basically leaves conventional operations. If it's just A2/AD, then FAC and ASW-capable light corvettes (akin to the Bangladesh LPC or even more Swift Corvettes) could do the job for less.

The only sensible solution at this stage would be the LF-2400, essentially a lighter (2,350-tons) multi-mission complement to the CSOC FFG. If the CSOC FFG carries a high LACM load, then having it coordinate with the LF-2400 with MR-SAM and added ASW and AShW coverage net would be wise.

Yes the LF-2400 is a new design without real-world example, but the PN has selected such designs thrice: F-22P (albeit upgraded Type 053H3), PN Fleet Tanker and the Swift Corvette.

Adding another 10 m to the hull design for a VLS insert can't be cost prohibitive. The issue is sensor and AAW weapon suite, but they can find lower-cost options in the form of Sea Giraffe AMB (it cost the Philippines $12.5 m), Umkhonto IR (64-cells cost Algeria $61 m), Denel Dual Purpose Gun CIWS, etc. ASW can be bought from Turkey (e.g. Orca LWT) while AShW can be Turkish or even 'local'.

My comment was in response to I-Class frigate rumour for PN.

LF-2400 has room for a much longer VLS (7m +) which the I-Class doesn't.

If PN acquires the LF-2400, it can opt to fit the ship with new Chinese VLS (7m or possibly even 9m). That will make the LF-2400 LR-SAM capable. PN can opt for 8x4=32 DK-10 and 8 HHQ-9.

This is not the flexibility you enjoy with Mk 41 or Sylver, which even if sold to Pak, have limitations of permission & compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom