What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Thanks , and agree .. and if Land attack is tested once or planned than by 2018 it can be Operational , and if i am not wrong that is when we start getting our first Sub from China ?
Didnt we already test Babur LACM from that "under water platform"??

Any chance of Pakistan and Turkey developing LACM together, Turkish 'Gezgin' LACM is still under wraps..

Cant say for sure, but i would love the Turkish input :)
Turks already have something which i really like to see in PA ( SOM Missile ) if they can corporate on Babur LACM and SLCM than it would be good for both countries .. is there any SLCM used by Turkey ? or is there anyone in pipeline ?

Turks already have something which i really like to see in PA ( SOM Missile ) if they can corporate on Babur LACM and SLCM than it would be good for both countries .. is there any SLCM used by Turkey ? or is there anyone in pipeline ?

No mention of SLCM being developed by Turkey. This an area where Pakistan could help Turkey greatly with its already grounded experience and expertise.
Turkey having ambition of one day developing and producing their own submarines, it only makes sense to have SLCM capability.

No mention of SLCM being developed by Turkey. This an area where Pakistan could help Turkey greatly with its already grounded experience and expertise.
Turkey having ambition of one day developing and producing their own submarines, it only makes sense to have SLCM capability.

Honestly i have no idea why we haven't already start working together on Babur ? Babur is very similar to Tomahawk missile and If Turkey becomes actively involved in Babur program they can Armed their Istanbul class Frigate with Babur LACM ..

While Pakistan has RAAD ALCM (Air Launched Cruise Missile).

Honestly i have no idea why we haven't already start working together on Babur ? Babur is very similar to Tomahawk missile and If Turkey becomes actively involved in Babur program they can Armed their Istanbul class Frigate with Babur LACM ..

Babur has several variants.

Land Launched S2S.

Ship Launched anti Surface.

Ship Launched Anti Ship variant.

Submarine Launched Land attack:

I don't get it either, I'd like to think that there is some sort of co-operation being carried out in areas where perhaps they are not inclined to make public..
Gezgin is being developed for LACM role, but whether there is some Pakistani know-how involved in the development is something I'm pondering about.

I still dont see why pn doesn't try to acquire the 3-4 remaining Adelaides as they retire. They are good ships able to serve another 15+years and would be dirt cheap.
17 May AUSTRALIA
• Decommissioned frigate „Sydney“ being towed from Sydney Harbour to Western Australia for recycling
http://marineforum.info/Daily_News/daily_news.html
1200px-HMAS_Sydney_%28FFG_03%29_underway_during_Pacific_Bond_2013.jpg

In April 2016, the Navy offered Sydney for use as a dive wreck to Australia's states and territories, in the same manner as her sisters Adelaide and Canberra. However, the decision to utilise the ship in this way has been condemned by different organisations, with calls for it to be restored as a memorial to the modern RAN.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Sydney_(FFG_03)#Decommissioning_and_fate
Taylor, David (12 April 2016). "Navy's decision to sink HMAS Sydney and Tobruk 'a great loss to Australia's military history'". ABC News. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-12/sinking-navy-ships-will-be-a-'loss-to-history'/7318488

So, that's 1 of the 4 remaining going down as diving wreck. The other three remain in Australia navy active service, awaiting commissioning of 3 Hobart class destroyers of Spanish design.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide-class_frigate#Fates

While Pakistan has RAAD ALCM (Air Launched Cruise Missile).

SOM is lighter compared to RAAD, so far it is not yet Mounted of JF and even if it does JF will be able to carry one .. but 2 SOM can be mounted on JF on a single mission

I don't get it either, I'd like to think that there is some sort of co-operation being carried out in areas where perhaps they are not inclined to make public..
Gezgin is being developed for LACM role, but whether there is some Pakistani know-how involved in the development is something I'm pondering about.

I honestly won't be surprised based on corporations between Pakistan and Turkey.. maybe @cabatli_53 have some knowledge ?

Back
Top Bottom