What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

It's better not to fit Babur CM on these ships, but if needed Babur-3 can be put in VLS (if VLS is installed) because it's smaller then LACM version and have 450km range.

I would never utilize vls space for LACM in this size of ship. For that yoy need something in the 6t range for it to be worth it. So you dont lose space in for Air defense missiles.
Hisar-A has a length of 4m, While Hisar-O is 4,5/4,6m. I think Quad packing Hisar-A is possible inside of launchers because given length parameters are around limits but I don't have any official info about launchers yet.

Hisar-U is officially called as Advanced Long range Air Defence system and There is an illustration which is prepared by Aselsan to introduce their exoatmospheric warhead. I don't know What is the actual capability which is targetted but It seems Aselsan is openly working to develop exoatmospheric engagement capability as an alternative warhead to standart Hisar-U missile.

6mrlMP.jpg

Pakistan should definitely join this project. They need multilayered air defense network amd with a 600km, 120km, 70km network (where they could even keep their 40km LOMAD Hq-16 instead of Hisar A) they will have an excellent network akin to Iron Dome, David Sling and Arrow 2/3.

But why do most references show Hisar A as a 16km missile (not 70km) amd Hisar O as 40km (not 120km)?

Last edited:
I would never utilize vls space for LACM in this size of ship. For that yoy need something in the 6t range for it to be worth it. So you dont lose space in for Air defense missiles.

Pakistan should definitely join this project. They need multilayered air defense network amd with a 600km, 120km, 70km network (where they could even keep their 40km LOMAD Hq-16 instead of Hisar A) they will have an excellent network akin to Iron Dome, David Sling and Arrow 2/3.

But why do most references show Hisar A as a 16km missile (not 70km) amd Hisar O as 40km (not 120km)?

Brochure ranges just mislead. They are classified informations so Noone knows the actual ranges of Hisar and Göktuğ family missiles but It is known that Hisar-O dual pulse propulsion kept burning during 60 seconds in last trial. I don't suppose Hisar-O to reach a range of 120km because 120km is the level of long range missiles but optimum prediction is around 45-50km.

Type 52D make more sense to sail with Turkish corvette and F-22P's if in case we chose to use Babur Land attack missiles on Indian ships .. for that role we are buying freakingly 8 AIP Subs ..

Land Attack Variant ? never heard of it brother ? are you sure you are not confusing it with Zarb ?
Yes im sure.

2 new CMs were developed, a land attack variant and anti sea variant, according to MODP report.

Type 52D make more sense to sail with Turkish corvette and F-22P's if in case we chose to use Babur Land attack missiles on Indian ships .. for that role we are buying freakingly 8 AIP Subs ..

Land Attack Variant ? never heard of it brother ? are you sure you are not confusing it with Zarb ?
Zarb is most likely a locally produced coastal defence missile ( C series ).. introduced in 2014-5.
IMG_3612.jpg

http://modp.gov.pk/modp/userfiles1/file/Year Book 2014-15.pdf

Now, anti ship and SLCM versions of Babur CM wete tested lately!

So its either that!

Or a new missile.

But not Zarb.

Zarb is most likely a locally produced coastal defence missile ( C series ).. introduced in 2014-5.
View attachment 398374

So its either that!

Or a new missile.

But not Zarb.

Thanks , and agree .. and if Land attack is tested once or planned than by 2018 it can be Operational , and if i am not wrong that is when we start getting our first Sub from China ?

Thanks , and agree .. and if Land attack is tested once or planned than by 2018 it can be Operational , and if i am not wrong that is when we start getting our first Sub from China ?

Tests are different than production.
As for the subs... no doubt Babur III SLCM will equip them... if its not equipping 90Bs already.
IMG_3613.JPG
IMG_3614.JPG

Screenshot
View attachment 398374

So its either that!

Or a new missile.

But not Zarb.

The system being mentioned is a launcher that can accommodate one LACM i.e. Babur and one Anti-ship missile C series probably.
Don't know if the earlier quad launchers for Anti-ship missile will be removed and New launcher placed or this new launcher will be in addition to the older launchers. In the former case, total number of missile will reduce. In latter case, it will increase.

Screenshot

The system being mentioned is a launcher that can accommodate one LACM i.e. Babur and one Anti-ship missile C series probably.
Don't know if the earlier quad launchers for Anti-ship missile will be removed and New launcher placed or this new launcher will be in addition to the older launchers. In the former case, total number of missile will reduce. In latter case, it will increase.
Perhaps you didn't read correctly!

Ship borne system with 1 anti ship missile & 1 land attack missile, not launchers!

C series don't need Pak launchers, they come with their own.

Which equip FACs like Azmat class.

85BB6B2B-51F3-42B2-9080-1172AA5645AF-551-0000005231B009C3.jpeg

This is the MODP reports link;

P.S; Anti ship Babur CM was tested aswell.

Perhaps you didn't read correctly!

Ship borne system with 1 anti ship missile & 1 land attack missile, not launchers!

C series don't need Pak launchers, they come with their own.

Which equip FACs like Azmat class.

View attachment 398387
This is the MODP reports link;

P.S; Anti ship Babur CM was tested aswell.

I have read the report very carefully. System will essentially mean a launcher (or less likely but still possibly a holder that can hold two missile 1: Land Attack missile and 1 Anti-ship missile.)
That will not be a new missile.

You are confusing it to be a new missile. I.e.
According to you (as far as I assume)
1: Babur Land Attack.
2: Babur Anti-ship.
3: zarb Anti-ship.
While I believe that Babur can be used in both Land Attack and Anti-ship roles without any significant changes and thus it doesn't make a new missile.
While the Anti-ship missile will be one of the existing we are already using.
So, the new system will be able to fire
(According to me)
1: Babur in Land Attack role.
2: Anti-ship missile ,most probably c 802, or Zarb (which is believed to be a license build version of either c802, or c602)

Less likely are chances of harpoon or exocet being used in Anti-ship role.

HISAR A and O both have a dual-pulse rocket motors, allowing missile to burn and coast twice, like a dual stage ballistic missile. They are definitely not giving us the correct max range.

Back
Top Bottom