What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

I wonder what stopped PN from looking at options like the Gayduk-M. As good as Ada (except endurance), displacement = 1/2 of Ada and with 8 x VLS. :cry:

CHOqXug.png

I need some information about the MTCR. So for example can a Turkish company hire a Pakistani engineer that knowledge how to make a 1000km ballistic missile or does it just restrict export.

14 days endurance ?? And 50 plus crew not sure how it compares to Ada but we are too much focused on Sam vs other capabilities ram is best and std us/German designed anti air /cruise missile weapons system

Last edited:
What a wasted opportunity for pn.

I wonder what stopped PN from looking at options like the Gayduk-M. As good as Ada (except endurance), displacement = 1/2 of Ada and with 8 x VLS. :cry:

CHOqXug.png

I always wondering why you going second best instead of best options. From type 22P to current Ada same history,You can easily goes for LF-2400 light frigate .

I need some information about the MTCR. So for example can a Turkish company hire a Pakistani engineer that knowledge how to make a 1000km ballistic missile or does it just restrict export.
Lol u dont need to hire an engineer for that, nor comply with mtcr even if it forbids it, info will be delivered silently provided pakistan is willing to give it, which im sure pakistan wont refuse if turkey desires such a capability within the foreseeable future..

SOM is lighter compared to RAAD, so far it is not yet Mounted of JF and even if it does JF will be able to carry one .. but 2 SOM can be mounted on JF on a single mission

I honestly won't be surprised based on corporations between Pakistan and Turkey.. maybe @cabatli_53 have some knowledge ?
Also has shorter range and a less (half the warhead) payload .. and is a purely conventional missile.

Cm400 also has land attack version and I am sure like harpoon block 2, c803- also has a variant for land attack

Also has shorter range and a less (half the warhead) payload .. and is a purely conventional missile.

And Raa'd is both Conventional and nuclear ..if you think from a Stand-off Strike against IA target , its better to take 2 SOM than 1 Raad .

1%20Agreement%20signing%20of%20sale%20of%20Super%20Mushshak%20aircraft%20to%20Turkey.jpeg

See the model sitting in front of the minister, zoom in, and start debating... i think the VLS is missing at least from this model.

Last edited:
1%20Agreement%20signing%20of%20sale%20of%20Super%20Mushshak%20aircraft%20to%20Turkey.jpeg

See the model sitting in front of the minister, zoom in, and start debating... i think the VLS is missing at least from this model.
We might see the official PN model soon...assuming they follow through on the commitment to ink the contract with KSEW today (June 30). APP and PID have yet to update their respective sites with today's news.

CHOqXug.png
Seriously, since Ukraine is not/barely able to provide for its own navy at this time beyond small craft like Gurza-M and Kentavr (Centaur), it is not going to produce exports like the above.

Ukrainian shipbuilding industry has great export potential, which affects the development of the national economy. At the same time in Ukraine due to lack of funding, there is a lack of relevant research, the lack of coordinated cooperation of research and design organizations and enterprises. Its negative impact on the competitiveness and quality of products produced by domestic enterprises.

We have yet to see them finish the first new corvette for their own navy... As for the name, let's not all get spastic about it. Like the Russian, the Ukrainians work with project numbers.

a4966bb2ffad3f825ae3f219eb4ab1b1.jpg

Ukraininans use Cyrillic alfabet. Gaiduk-21 [note the difference in spelling: it is not nor ever was Gay Duck] was labelled Project 58200, currently being built corvette is Project 58250.

Гайдук > Gayduk > the closest pronounciation transcription is Hi-dook
Gaidak [Ukrainian] = "Wait" [English]
Gaiduk [Ukrainian] = "Wake up" [English]
So, I suppose the name was intended to be something like 'Alert' or 'Guard' class

Thx Wanshan, Snake-65.

http://srdsc.com/warships-and-crafts/
http://forums.airbase.ru/2008/05/t61838--korvet-gajduk-21.7749.html
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?105224-Gayduck-Ukraine-corvette-Prject-58250

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom