What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Milgem-2 term used to tell Istanbul class corvette/frigates. Where is that info coming from bro? Is it certain that Pakistani Milgem will be Milgem-2? If true, It will be an impressive news and great input to Pakistan navy. Istanbul class with onboard 16 SSM missiles along with 16 cell VLS + electronic attack + submarine active/passive defence syatems offers a huge fire power and protection capabilities...

Is it ( milgem 2 ) operational with Turkish navy ?? I thought Milgem 2 was referring to I-class and Istanbul class is heavy as 4000+ ton DDG ..

Milgem II, however they will be modified.
One Media house also reported that the ships will be built in Kamra.

Rashid bhai if that is True, than you just made my day :smitten:

I class is 3000T which is rougly the same size as F-22P. MILGEM is 2400T

is pakistan going for basic Ada class corvette or its imrpved version that is more than 3K ton with VLS?

How does being "Network enabled" weapon benefit it? What does it even mean?

Pakistani Milgems will have Genesis Advent new generation network enabled combat management system. Image introduces what Advent variant offers...
1442015082921699_1.jpg

Atmaca missiles will also have a specially developed national link system called Kement enabling operated to control in all process of its flight and converting them a loitering like munition.

KEMENT.jpg

Pakistani Milgems will have Genesis Advent new generation network enabled combat management system. Image introduces what Advent variant offers...
1442015082921699_1.jpg

Atmaca missiles will also have a specially developed national link system called Kement enabling operated to control in all process of its flight and converting them a loitering like munition.

KEMENT.jpg
Yes but how does this "network enabled" thing help you? What does it even do?

Yes but how does this "network enabled" thing help you? What does it even do?

According to my knowledge.

Network enabling allows a system to send real time data back to control room or command centre. For example if a missile is network enabled than it can be made to change course midway through the network i.e. if during war Turkish Naval ship detect an enemy ship from radar and launches the AShM to target that ship. However, later while the missile has not hit the target ship and Turkish Navy comes to know that the target is not an enemy ship but a ferry carrying civilians (through intelligence or even sensors on the Missile). Than Turkish Navy can divert that missile to prevent civilians.
Network enabling also allows systems to hunt in packs for e.g. two ADA class ships are on patrol than one ship detect the enemy and the other ship's weapons can be used to target the enemy. Generally a larger ship with a larger radar with better range can guide the smaller ships whose radars are not that powerful.
Seniors can make corrections.

According to my knowledge.

Network enabling allows a system to send real time data back to control room or command centre. For example if a missile is network enabled than it can be made to change course midway through the network i.e. if during war Turkish Naval ship detect an enemy ship from radar and launches the AShM to target that ship. However, later while the missile has not hit the target ship and Turkish Navy comes to know that the target is not an enemy ship but a ferry carrying civilians (through intelligence or even sensors on the Missile). Than Turkish Navy can divert that missile to prevent civilians.
Network enabling also allows systems to hunt in packs for e.g. two ADA class ships are on patrol than one ship detect the enemy and the other ship's weapons can be used to target the enemy. Generally a larger ship with a larger radar with better range can guide the smaller ships whose radars are not that powerful.
Seniors can make corrections.
So this isn't something new, this is basically the ability to change targets, most missiles that can hit moving targets can do that too

So this isn't something new, this is basically the ability to change targets, most missiles that can hit moving targets can do that too

Yes usually all cruise missiles can do so in present day but the thing of note here is that not every country makes their own missiles. Making your own systems allows you freedom and prevents you from facing the negative effects of embargoes. Plus, relying on foreign missiles can also lead to what happened to Argentina during the Falklands war.

The Muslim intelligentsia in Turkey firmly believes that it's their duty to help Pak in all ways possible no matter how trivial or infinitesimal it is!!!! I am pretty sure the feelings are mutual!! If they have a plan to send Ebraha from Yemen, Irak, Syria etc. those Sheyatin need to understand that they'll also find Ebabil fully ready and equipped!!!!! As for the results, read Sura El-Fil that every Muslim kid knows by heart!!!!!
I do not know which Shyateen from Iraq, Syria and Yemen you are referring to. Anyhow, I hope you know that as per Hadith satan's horn are expected to come out of Najd, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Some would say they are already out and have been unleashed for over a good two centuries.

Last edited:
1442015082921699_1.jpg

KEMENT.jpg

Bro, Aselsan's SDB is also going to be Network Enabled :)

Yes usually all cruise missiles can do so in present day but the thing of note here is that not every country makes their own missiles. Making your own systems allows you freedom and prevents you from facing the negative effects of embargoes. Plus, relying on foreign missiles can also lead to what happened to Argentina during the Falklands war.
I already talked about this "Network enabled" thing in Youtube with someone, he thought it was something revolutionary, now I understand that this only means it can change targets, thanks.

I already talked about this "Network enabled" thing in Youtube with someone, he thought it was something revolutionary, now I understand that this only means it can change targets, thanks.

Don't forget guiding less capable systems. For example, F35 will be network linked with the Predator-Reaper drones. Thus, the drone benefits from the F35 radar while the jet benefits from the drone's loitering ability and optical sensors.
So, strictly speaking network enabling is not just a missile changing target midway rather it's the input the sensors of one system can provide to the other.
Each separate system becomes a part of a single network. Let's take another illustration "an AWACS plane is guiding a group of fighter jets, let's say F-16. Now the range of an F-16 radar is much smaller than the AWACS radar. The enemy is detected by AWACS 400 km away and the F-16 driver are informed by the AWACS that enemy is coming from that direction and will be within the range of F-16 missiles in this much time. The F-16 pilots manoeuvre in to advantageous position and when the enemy enters into their BVR missile range than, kaboom, suppose we don't have BVR, still F16 have much more time to position and plan the kill than with the on-board radar which has a range of 105 kilometres"
So network is actually a system of Communication between different platforms for sharing their information not the ability to change course and target.

Last edited:
Don't forget guiding less capable systems. For example, F35 will be network linked with the Predator-Reaper drones. Thus, the drone benefits from the F35 radar while the jet benefits from the drone's loitering ability and optical sensors.
So, strictly speaking network enabling is not just a missile changing target midway rather it's the input the sensors of one system can provide to the other.
Each separate system becomes a part of a single network. Let's take another illustration "an AWACS plane is guiding a group of fighter jets, let's say F-16. Now the range of an F-16 radar is much smaller than the AWACS radar. The enemy is detected by AWACS 400 km away and the F-16 driver are informed by the AWACS that enemy is coming from that direction and will be within the range of F-16 missiles in this much time. The F-16 pilots manoeuvre in to advantageous position and when the enemy enters into their BVR missile range than, kaboom, suppose we don't have BVR, still F16 have much more time to position and plan the kill than with the on-board radar which has a range of 105 kilometres"
So network is actually a system of Communication between different platforms for sharing their information not the ability to change course and target.
The ATMACA has no (correct me if I'm wrong) radar or camera, so a network enabled missile that gives nothing in return is useless, no?

Back
Top Bottom