What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Can't be sure it may turn out to be Istanbul Class or specially designed for Pakistan which may carry VLS also

the model which is at the front of both dignitaries is seems having no VLS system in fact it appear an standard Milgem class covert ....
C_eOryJW0AA3MZi.jpg

it is up to pakistani requirements and decision . it is an easy task for stm to redisign the ship . but i think if pakistan need a ship with additional air defence than it is easyer to go for i class with the same concept. I think redesigned milgem is not cheaper than i class Fregatte.

Last edited:
the model which is at the front of both dignitaries is seems having no VLS system in fact it appear an standard Milgem class covert ....
C_eOryJW0AA3MZi.jpg
Nothing is final this is the model of the ship which is made for Turkey but Pakistani will be according our Navy requirements

Turkey’s defense company STM signed a memorandum of understanding to sell four “Ada” class corvettes, which were developed under the framework of Turkey’s MİLGEM project to Pakistan, according to another statement released by the SSM on May 10.

The MİLGEM project, from the Turkish words Milli Gemi (National Ship), is a national warship program with the aim to design and build locally a fleet of hi-tech stealth multipurpose corvettes and frigates that will replace older ships that are currently in service.

The MoU was signed between STM and the Karachi Shipyard (KS&EW), and the corvettes will used by the Pakistan Naval Forces, according to the statement.

The final agreement is expected to be inked on June 30, it added.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...stan.aspx?pageID=238&nID=112964&NewsCatID=344

Outstanding news, also many of us have to stop jumping the gun that is a standard model of the ship we shall see what the PN version shall be best of PN.

For Air Defence you can go for separate ships we need ships which can carry out role which USA recently did with Syrian Air Base that is what I am talking about. For that role we need VLS equipped Frigates and those VLS which fire cruise missiles

@Rashid Mahmood @Horus

C_eOryJW0AA3MZi.jpg

C_eOryGXsAIcDDs.jpg

C_eOryzXgAI_h0z.jpg

C_eOryzXgAEAR_x.jpg

#idef17 with the friendly and brotherly country of Pakistan in the MİLGEM project signed a letter of intent and trainer aircraft procurement project contract.
Who do u want outside out neighbours ???

Do we have strength of economy or politics to do so

Never know card doesnt work as we shouldn't prepare for an alien invasion..

If dired so much u will get subs ..

Without VLS?

The model in front of pictures is basic MILGEM ship.

The only - ONLY - pressing reason to have a VLS on a surface ship is air self-defence (i.e. the ability to deal with air targets coming in simulateneously from multiple directions). The rest is luxury for all but the largest of navies. land-attack cruise missiles are best carried aboard submarines, particularly if part of a nuclear deterrent. Surface ships as found in most navies are just to easily found and vulnerable in that role.

PN has to deal with block obsolescence of ex-UK Type 21. Four F22P currently in use do not solve that problem (indeed, they've been used to increase fleet numbers). So, four Ada will allow PN to begin replacing the Type 21s. As a Type 21 replacement they are more than adequate: like F22P, they will have both SAM and SSM, ASW helicopter and torpedoes, as well as good gun armament. The rest is dreaming of grandure.

C77yq27XUAIoJnA.jpg

If a single RAM launcher is deemed insufficient to cover multi-axis attacks, I'm farily confident one could put two launchers, each with 11 rounds (see e.g. UAE Coast Guard Ships P6701 & P6702) in or near the positions where the 12.7mm STAMP gunmounts are, and mount those a deck lower or (singly) atop the hangar.

p1635835.jpg

Last edited:
The only - ONLY - pressing reason to have a VLS on a surface ship is air self-defence (i.e. the ability to deal with air targets coming in simulateneously from multiple directions). The rest is luxury for all but the largest of navies. land-attack cruise missiles are best carried aboard submarines, particularly if part of a nuclear deterrent. Surface ships as found in most navies are just to easily found and vulnerable in that role.

PN has to deal with block obsolescence of ex-UK Type 21. Four F22P currently in use do not solve that problem (indeed, they've been used to increase fleet numbers). So, four Ada will allow PN to begin replacing the Type 21s. As a Type 21 replacement they are more than adequate: like F22P, they will have both SAM and SSM, ASW helicopter and torpedoes, as well as good gun armament. The rest is dreaming of grandure.

C77yq27XUAIoJnA.jpg

If a single RAM launcher is deemed insufficient to cover multi-axis attacks, I'm farily confident one could put two launchers, each with 11 rounds (see e.g. UAE Coast Guard Ships P6701 & P6702) in or near the positions where the 12.7mm STAMP gunmounts are, and mount those a deck lower or (singly) atop the hangar.

p1635835.jpg

In my opinion to replace type -21 TF-2600 would best choice. However ADA is not a bad choice either. To replace type21 and supplements ADA now PN should go for more bigger platform like Chinese Type 52D destroyer and Turkish coming TF-2000 class frigate.

I can smell some corruption here, this ship does not fulfill PN requirements, A ship without a proper medium range SAM ? why not stick with F-22P than ? maybe some Admiral is making a new palace in Behria Town after this deal.
@Quwa what is your take on this ADA class ?? what are major benefits of getting Milgem rather than 4 more F-22P's ?

Back
Top Bottom