What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Turkey is working on finacial system for exporting of expensive weapon systems.Turkey's weapon systems are getting more technological day by day and price is getting more expensive also.We must offer solutions for buyers. I hope we will see it first time at this Milgem deal for Pakistan.

Saudi's are buying 5 ships ( Milgem ) class if i am not wrong, i am waiting to see how their version will be different from what PN chooses ..I hope next in PN line will be Istanbul class Frigate ( guided Missile Destroyer )

Saudi's are buying 5 ships ( Milgem ) class if i am not wrong, i am waiting to see how their version will be different from what PN chooses ..I hope next in PN line will be Istanbul class Frigate ( guided Missile Destroyer )
The PN should be fine with the LF-2400 - 2,350 tons, 2x4 AShM, 2x3 ASW, 16-cell VLS, RAM, 76 mm main gun, etc.

The PN should be fine with the LF-2400 - 2,350 tons, 2x4 AShM, 2x3 ASW, 16-cell VLS, RAM, 76 mm main gun, etc.

but whats Next after LF-2400 ? i mean we do need a future Destroyer right ? or that is problem for another time ..

but whats Next after LF-2400 ? i mean we do need a future Destroyer right ? or that is problem for another time ..
The PN will likely stick to lighter surface ships - i.e under 3,000 tons. They're cheaper to procure and build numbers. But for long-range AAW, the key is to secure SAMs that can cross 75 km without compromising heavily on size. You can fit such SAMs to light frigates and corvettes (see Israeli Barak-8).

STM is a reliable naval industrial partner of Pakistani industry. They proved their capabilities with paper project Fleet tanker and satisfied Pakistani officials very much. They collected fruids of their hard working, totally customer based ship construction policies and awarded with a second contract to upgrade Agosta submarines. The fruids of this relation will be awarded with a third contract with Pakistani variant of Milgem in Idef-17. Not Istanbul class but I think STM will introduce TF-2000 frigate concept to brother Pakistan as a totally different warship that neither Turkish nor Pakistani Navy have had such a class of ship before. It is in design phase and main sensors are under development phase but once the project started getting materialized, I strongly believe Pakistan will be the first who will interest Tf-2000. China and Turkey will fall into a serious competition with eachothers to introduce a TF-2000 class frigates.

Tf-2000
images

*7000t displacement
*150m length
*19m beam
*5,5m draught
*48 cell MK-41 VLS / Domestic VLS
*16 Atmaca SSM
Sapan RAM missiles
*Korkut-D CIWS
*127mm Main gun
*Aselsan Çafrad non-rotating radar system (500km search and IFF range)
*Aselsan TEIRS long range rotaring early warning radar (600km range)

STM is a reliable naval industrial partner of Pakistani industry. They proved their capabilities with paper project Fleet tanker and satisfied Pakistani officials very much. They collected fruids of their hard working, totally customer based ship construction policies and awarded a second contract to upgrade Agosta submarines. The fruids of this relation will be awarded with a third contract with Pakistani variant of Milgem in Idef-17. Not Istanbul class but I think STM will introduce TF-2000 frigate concept to brother Pakistan as a totally different warship that neither Turkish nor Pakistani Navy have had such a class of ship before. It is in design phase and main sensors are under development phase but once the project started getting materialized, I strongly believe Pakistan will be the first who will interest Tf-2000. China and Turkey will fall into a serious competition with eachothers to introduce a TF-2000 class frigates.

Tf-2000
*7000t displacement
*150m length
*19m beam
*5,5m draught
*48 cell MK-41 VLS / Domestic VLS
*16 Atmaca SSM
Sapan RAM missiles
*Korkut-D CIWS
*127mm Main gun
*Aselsan Çafrad non-rotating radar system (500km search and IFF range)
*Aselsan TEIRS long range rotaring early warning radar (600km range)
Indeed. But for the Pakistan Navy, it would be a very weird decision to select the Ada over the LF-2400. The LF-2400 fits the PN's needs in every area, e.g. CODAD, VLS, standard-fare AShW and ASW, etc. I also don't think the LF-2400 would be all that different in cost compared to the Ada. Even the addition of VLS and SAMs doesn't have to be expensive, e.g. Algeria paid South Africa $60 m to integrate the Umkhonto to two MEKO A-200s.

It would be wiser to skip the HQ16. The PN needs to move towards compact quad-pack designs with terminal-stage seekers. There is the relatively low-cost option of procuring the Umkhonto (Algeria paid $61mn to outfit its 2 MEKO frigates) - the 30-35 km Umkhonto EIR is nearing completion. Denel is aiming to develop a 60-km Umkhonto-ER. Invest in the Denel Dynamics program with the aim of deep ToT. As for short-range coverage, acquire the Chinese FL-3000N PDMS.

As for the Type 053H3-based F-22P. IMO it'd be best to move away from that design too. We need ships with lower RCS, higher automation, and better management of space.

Also with SA we can develop RIM-162 type solution using A-darter as main weapon, it will be very good addition for PN.

Can we replace FM-90s with DK-10s on F-22Ps??

Also with SA we can develop RIM-162 type solution using A-darter as main weapon, it will be very good addition for PN.

Can we replace FM-90s with DK-10s on F-22Ps??
There is also the 30-35 km range Umkhonto EIR.

The PN should standardize on one SAM - DK-10, Umkhonto or CAMM.

Which one is best as per performance?
CAMM would be the ideal. 25+ km range and quad-packing. However, Pakistan is cost-sensitive, so it'll push for a solution that has the best balance of cost and performance. In that sense, I think the Umkhonto could be a leading option, especially if it costs $20-30 million to fit one ship. As for DK-10, besides mock-ups, we haven't heard much of it in terms of testing or being put to use.

Umkhonto will be politically relatively safe options after DK-10. Can it quad packed like CAMM?
No it can't be quad-packed, but I was told that research was done in SA for using strakes instead of fins, which would enable quad-packing. Denel Group is among a few entities in the world with the underlying R&D, testing facilities, and competency (in dual-pulse rocket motors, nose cones, etc) to develop good and modern SAMs.

Right now, Denel Dynamics' attention is on making the Umkhonto EIR available. The Umkhonto EIR will use their new dual-pulse rocket motor and redesigned nose cone, which will provide a maximum range of up to 35 km. The goal is to bring the Umkhonto-series to the 60-km range (via the Marlin program).

No it can't be quad-packed, but I was told that research was done in SA for using strakes instead of fins, which would enable quad-packing. Denel Group is among a few entities in the world with the underlying R&D, testing facilities, and competency (in dual-pulse rocket motors, nose cones, etc) to develop good and modern SAMs.

Right now, Denel Dynamics' attention is on making the Umkhonto EIR available. The Umkhonto EIR will use their new dual-pulse rocket motor and redesigned nose cone, which will provide a maximum range of up to 35 km. The goal is to bring the Umkhonto-series to the 60-km range (via the Marlin program).
Comparing Umkhonto and VT-1 (both Crotal descendants), would suggest that making the Umkhonto's mid-body fins fold can make the missile quad-pakable. But perhaps replacing them with strakes has additional advantages or is technically easier option. VT-1 is quadpacked into Sylver A-35.

I think PN should go for further streached I Class frigate with 36 vls ly80 missile and 16 zarb ssm.

That could be the biggest bang for the buck and will serve the nation for long time

Pakistan is capable of upgrading existing pmsa opv and build a good Corvette out of it

4 of each will suffice for PN ops need along with 4 F22P

Back
Top Bottom