What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

External Launchers are certainly the only avenue I see how we will arm the Navy

• Fast attack ship platform has to get to 20 Ships from current figures of 4 Ships
  • 4 Turkish corvettes would certainly be a welcomed sight from current figures of 0

> Collectively if these ships are armed with 4 Missile launchers , that gives us a nice figure of 96 SAM missiles

I am generally not big on the VLS I personally view having boats ready with best available configuration. But yes once we get large destroyer we can debate VLS tech

Just was wondering that since we have a large shipping yard , why are we making just 1 ship at a time ? We could create 4 ships simultaneously since these are Fast attack platform not a massively large Destroyer class ships

Pakistan%27s%2BSecond%2BAzmat%2Bclass%2BFast%2Battack%2Bcraft%2Bvessel%2B%2Bnears%2Bcompletion%2B3.jpg

Ada%2Bclass%2Bcorvettes.jpg

A welcomed sign to see these two ships reach their designated numbers in Pakistan Navy

Nice compact Launcher system would be welcomed
External Launchers look not too shabby

- Below is Sea Sparrow system
RIM-7-Sea-Sparrow-004.jpg

See this as a very tangible technology for Pakistan NAVY we should purchase these units as these are defensive in nature

500px-RIM-7_loading2.jpg

Seems like these items can be "reloaded" by trained engineering crew so you get seconds

Last edited:
Turkish Navy is pushing ahead with National projects, some of the key missile systems currently in development and nearing completion - thought for Consideration for our Pakistani brothers;

• Indigenous Vertical Launch System
  • GEZGIN Cruise Missile
  • SAPAN Surface to Air Missile
  • ATMACA Surface to Surface Missile
  • TEMREN Air to Surface Missile
  • AKYA Heavy Weight Torpedo

img_3028-jpg.390123

@cabatli_53

I realized that supersonic anti-ship missile program is missing in that list bro. It was mentioned in SSM reports being in design phase at present.

There is a railgun project called Sapan but this report telling Sapan as a new SAM which is not actually a railgun. I predict a RAM equivalent named with same codes.

National VLS seen on image will be an equivalent of Mk-41 to host national SAM systems- Navalized Hisar A/O/U.

GeZgin is a ship based cruise missile to be equipped on Tf-2000 and domestic Milden submarines and to be equivalent of Scalp-Naval.

Temren is a navalized Umtas atgm with a range around 17-18km.

I realized that supersonic anti-ship missile program is missing in that list bro. It was mentioned in SSM reports being in design phase at present.

There is a railgun project called Sapan but this report telling Sapan as a new SAM which is not actually a railgun. I predict a RAM equivalent named with same codes.

National VLS seen on image will be an equivalent of Mk-41 to host national SAM systems- Navalized Hisar A/O/U.

GeZgin is a ship based cruise missile to be equipped on Tf-2000 and domestic Milden submarines and to be equivalent of Scalp-Naval.

Temren is a navalized Umtas atgm with a range around 17-18km.

;)
65D947.jpg

@Penguin Remember that STM C-1200 corvette design? We were doubtful of it having VLS, but it appears that it actually does have VLS - seems to be two 8-cell systems.

http://www.deltamarine.com.tr/en/products/products-naval.php?NavalName=Corvette_(C-1200)

As is, the answer is no, mate. This ship is just
too short & small to find enough space for a VLS.

We've done marvels in packing punch into vessels
these last few years not only because components
and weapons have shrunk but also thanks to auto-
-mation which allowed a major crew reduction.

All of this said, there remains a physical limit to be
respected and both for range and humans, this is
incompressible. You need a given volume of fuel to
get around at relatively ISO engine performances.
You just can't cut living space too much as it makes
your crew fatigue faster, sooner than mission's end.

In the end, size does matter and if the mission is
moving your 2 bedroom apartment, a Tata Nano is
too small, a pick-up should bring everything if not
at once and a big rig semi is just too big.
It's like that!

If a hull extension isn't possible, pick a bigger boat.

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

SAM launching system could be as simple as:
Aselsan_unveils_Igla-Missile_Launching_System_fitted_with_Weapon_laser_System_640_001.jpg

Igla-Missile Launching System is a fully automated very short range air defence weapon system using IGLA(S) missiles. The version presented at IDEF 2015 is fitted with what was reported as a 20kW laser weapon system.
As an effective, realiable, affordable Air Defence Solution from ASELSAN, Missile-Igla Launching System highly improves the capabilities of Man Portable Air Defence Systems by providing quick and correct aiming of the missile, improving reaction time, increasing fire power and hit probability.
The laser system has the mission of deterring and preventing the threat to fulfil its task in long range, and destroy the threat in closer ranges with functioning at the speed of light with low costs. Increasing the power level of laser system and consequently its range and affectivity is among the most important activities of ASELSAN’s roadmap.

This is a derivative of the Aselsan Stinger Weapon Platform (SWP), which we in Holland use on our Fennek recon vehicles, with Stingers

418.jpg

Attachments

• STM-C-1200-A-04.PNG
    STM-C-1200-A-04.PNG
    174.1 KB · Views: 111
  • STM-C-1200-A-02.PNG
    STM-C-1200-A-02.PNG
    202.2 KB · Views: 116
  • STM-C-1200-A-01.PNG
    STM-C-1200-A-01.PNG
    222.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Would be interesting to see what could launch from there. With it being mounted in the superstructure, it may be possible to fit vls with 5m length allowing for possibility of quad packable missiles.

Would be interesting to see what could launch from there. With it being mounted in the superstructure, it may be possible to fit vls with 5m length allowing for possibility of quad packable missiles.
Length should be sufficient for most SR/MR-SAM, but the VLS cells on the C-1200 look smaller than those on the LF-2400. In fact, I think the VLS aboard the C-1200 may be the Mk56 dual-pack (with four Mk56 sets on each corner). I think one could get 16 ESSM, CAMM or Hisar-A/O on the C-1200, which isn't bad. Seeing the C-1200's capabilities, I think this would be a good solution for the PN, especially if it's equipped with two triple ASW torpedo launchers as well. Imagine: 6 LF-2400 (replacing the Type 21s and PNS Alamgir) and 6 C-1200s.

@Penguin Top view of the LF-2400:
STM-LF-2400-A-01.jpg
http://www.deltamarine.com.tr/en/products/products-naval.php?NavalName=Light_Frigate_(LF-2400)

Last edited:
No heli hanger
That's right. Ultimately, the C-1200 is meant for peacetime patrolling and littoral defence in wartime. That said, I don't think STM would have any trouble lengthening the hull by another 10-15 m to incorporate a hangar if the buyer requests it. The LF-2400 is basically a lengthened MILGEM Ada.

That's right. Ultimately, the C-1200 is meant for peacetime patrolling and littoral defence in wartime. That said, I don't think STM would have any trouble lengthening the hull by another 10-15 m to incorporate a hangar if the buyer requests it. The LF-2400 is basically a lengthened MILGEM Ada.

Why adding those 15M to this C-1200...when they could just take the 2400 light frigate?

The lengthened C-1200 could potentially be much cheaper - could maybe get multiple C-1200s for one LF-2400.

But a c-1200 +15 M will be almost like the same size as the 2400. So you add those 15m and you will get something around 2200 Tonnes. ( no more 1200T)
And you add that VLS... and you'll get a 2400 clone.

No?

But a c-1200 +15 M will be almost like the same size as the 2400. So you add those 15m and you will get something around 2200 Tonnes. ( no more 1200T)
And you add that VLS... and you'll get a 2400 clone.

No?
Not sure if it's that simple. The I-Class's hull has a similar length to the LF-2400, but it has a displacement of nearly 3,000 tons vs. the LF-2400's 2,350 tons. Also, the Israeli Sa'ar 5's hull is 7 m longer than the C-1200 (and has a hangar), but has a displacement of 1,275 tons.

Back
Top Bottom