What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Assembly would be done in Pakistan.

As for the Pakistani MILGEM order, the final decision will be made in or around July.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1B526D41D24D7ADC&id=1B526D41D24D7ADC!139&parId=1B526D41D24D7ADC!143&o=OneUp

July seems to coincide with the new financial year. An economist friend at PIDE/PERI through his sources in Ministry of Finance has been claiming a defence budget hike of 60% (which would be a lot), now if it's true that would put the defence budget way beyond 12 billion $. However, I will doubt the claims till the budget is tabled in NA. But if this is true, it'll be great. Will alleviate some of the modernization issues with all branches including navy.

STM is a reliable naval industrial partner of Pakistani industry. They proved their capabilities with paper project Fleet tanker and satisfied Pakistani officials very much. They collected fruids of their hard working, totally customer based ship construction policies and awarded with a second contract to upgrade Agosta submarines. The fruids of this relation will be awarded with a third contract with Pakistani variant of Milgem in Idef-17. Not Istanbul class but I think STM will introduce TF-2000 frigate concept to brother Pakistan as a totally different warship that neither Turkish nor Pakistani Navy have had such a class of ship before. It is in design phase and main sensors are under development phase but once the project started getting materialized, I strongly believe Pakistan will be the first who will interest Tf-2000. China and Turkey will fall into a serious competition with eachothers to introduce a TF-2000 class frigates.

Tf-2000
images

*7000t displacement
*150m length
*19m beam
*5,5m draught
*48 cell MK-41 VLS / Domestic VLS
*16 Atmaca SSM
Sapan RAM missiles
*Korkut-D CIWS
*127mm Main gun
*Aselsan Çafrad non-rotating radar system (500km search and IFF range)
*Aselsan TEIRS long range rotaring early warning radar (600km range)

Tf-2000 ÇAFRAD radar final shape with detail specifications is revealed.
IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3445.JPG

afrad.jpg

That's going to put the weight of radar assembly north of 10 tons. Maybe upto 15 even. Any info on the planned weight of this assembly?
And by far how much percentage of work has been completed on this?

I don't have any idea about weight but It is under production phase. In the end of 2017, begging of 2018, Active trials will commence...

$400 is 40% of the project cost this should be enough to purchase the steel, engine and basic subsystems. the weapons and the c&c suite is about 40% of the cost of the ship.
  • have they began building a ship yard in port qasim?
  • i dont think pakistan can make its own military grade steel, can they?
  • is there any dock space available in karachi?

• @cabatli_53 can turkey hand over the steel alloy composition to pakistan as an offset?
  • any idea on the interest rates on the $400 million loan?
KSEW was to occupy the space vacated by Navy as they move to Ormara. I dont think that have happened and may be there is no real new expansion work. However i am just speculating here

Back
Top Bottom