What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

ksew-fac-4-azmat-jpg.385002

The image shows an anti-ship missile launcher which appears to be for Zarb (C-602 ?) missile. Is there any launcher (except VLS systems) which can fire LACM's over several hundred km ?

As MoDP reported, the system being developed by DGMP is for firing LACM & AShM. IMO, it is similar to the 8-round VLS of the Buyan-M class corvette.

Bphtz5IIEAApenK.jpg

Buyan M firing a Klub AShM

Can't MILGEM Ada or LF-2400 be modified to adjust a VLS similar to Buyan M ?
For all intents and purposes, if you want a VLS-capable ship, then the design needs to have incorporated VLS from the onset. Unfortunately, the MILGEM Ada and LF-2400 do not appear to have VLS in mind, hence the need for the I-Class frigate. If the PN wants VLS in a ~2,400-ton vessel like the MILGEM Ada or LF-2400, then they need to work with STM to design a ship from the onset. I don't think this is impossible, but it wouldn't be the Ada or LF-2400.
I can see it still can be downloaded from their site but is that still being marketed?
http://www.navantia.es/interior.php?id_sec=3&id_pag=265
You're right. Doesn't appear to be the case, but the Navantia listing does have this 2,600-ton design (Avante 2600) that would fit the PN's bill quite well. I wouldn't mind seeing the PN get together with STM and Delta Marine to design a comparable ship and build it in Pakistan.

Pakistan should go for VLS equipped ships and as Turkey is going for Istanbul Class we should also go for same 4.

when we are going to get these....final batien agrement ho gya ya nai .....or kab milan gie ya ships....
:)

For all intents and purposes, if you want a VLS-capable ship, then the design needs to have incorporated VLS from the onset. Unfortunately, the MILGEM Ada and LF-2400 do not appear to have VLS in mind, hence the need for the I-Class frigate. If the PN wants VLS in a ~2,400-ton vessel like the MILGEM Ada or LF-2400, then they need to work with STM to design a ship from the onset. I don't think this is impossible, but it wouldn't be the Ada or LF-2400

I think it depends on the size and layout of the ship (See OHP). I would not, for example, be surprised if F-22P /C28A could be modified to house a vls unit where their FM90s currently sit.

However for smaller vessels it is less likely to be cost effective to redesign them for vls.

I think it depends on the size and layout of the ship (See OHP). I would not, for example, be surprised if F-22P /C28A could be modified to house a vls unit where their FM90s currently sit.

However for smaller vessels it is less likely to be cost effective to redesign them for vls.
Yea. The PN wouldn't get a VLS-capable Ada, but a VLS capable corvette with similar specifications. Basically another sub-variant of the MILGEM, but not Ada.

If that is the case, Chances are high as Finance is major issue for Government of Pakistan.
Soft loan can solve the issue and contract may go smooth then.

Hope to hear news in coming months.

During IDEAS 2016, Turkish officials said that Pakistan will decide (yes or no) in July. But Turkey thinks it will be a 'yes', especially since the Turkish Gov't agreed to offer a loan to get the program going.
i think its best to wait, any news will be given most likely in idef 2017 which will be in may of this year in turkey.
as for the new frigate design you showed earlier, i dont thing its a possibility as is only a conceptual design and by the time its ready, its 2023. the Istanbul class is the best option from turkey.
i%2Bclass.jpg

or the type 057 from china.
057_typ_02.jpg

i expect the type 057 to replace the 054a by about 2020-2023 so the Istanbul class may be purchased in small numbers [4] whilst there would be more type 057's and by that time the defense budget would have increased.

i think its best to wait, any news will be given most likely in idef 2017 which will be in may of this year in turkey.
as for the new frigate design you showed earlier, i dont thing its a possibility as is only a conceptual design and by the time its ready, its 2023. the Istanbul class is the best option from turkey.
i%2Bclass.jpg

057_typ_02.jpg

i expect the type 057 to replace the 054a by about 2020-2023 so the Istanbul class may be purchased in small numbers [4] whilst there would be more type 057's and by that time the defense budget would have increased.
STM was quite clear in that it said it was negotiating "MILGEM corvettes" with Pakistan. IMO the most likely outcome is the MILGEM Ada, but if the PN decides it needs VLS, then it would be another corvette design (i.e. not Ada) in the MILGEM family. It won't be the Ada or the I-Class. STM and Delta Marine can probably pull off such a design, and this wouldn't be the first ship the PN buys from a design without real-world examples (see: the Pakistan Navy Fleet Tanker).

STM was quite clear in that it said it was negotiating "MILGEM corvettes" with Pakistan. IMO the most likely outcome is the MILGEM Ada, but if the PN decides it needs VLS, then it would be another corvette design (i.e. not Ada) in the MILGEM family. It won't be the Ada or the I-Class. STM and Delta Marine can probably pull off such a design, and this wouldn't be the first ship the PN buys from a design without real-world examples (see: the Pakistan Navy Fleet Tanker).
well either

they may have meant a variation of the milgem aka.the istanbul class..

or they just want a lcs and not a frigate or even an anti sub ship

the turks can design a ship no doubt about that. but designing a frigate is very expensive.
if i am not mistaken the tanker set pakistan back $80-90 million. honestly i were a pn planner i would do as there doing right now. buy the milgem and incorporate its tech into parts of the type 057 when its ready.

PAKISTAN defence system is improving day by day and it is very good for our security.Turkey is our close friend and always help us so we should continue this progress.

But we were getting Corvettes from Turkey where did these Frigates came from???

You're right. Doesn't appear to be the case, but the Navantia listing does have this 2,600-ton design (Avante 2600) that would fit the PN's bill quite well. I wouldn't mind seeing the PN get together with STM and Delta Marine to design a comparable ship and build it in Pakistan.
Oh, I see (from the doc names): they renamed the designs.

Like this, you mean (already there: C28A further development by CSOC, recently unveiled)
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...-admiral-zakaullah.470829/page-5#post-9231059
c28a-plus-jpg.378927

C28A-El-Fateh921.jpg

So, you think this is real? (personally, I don't think the Type 053 base frigates will be replaced by a large ship like 054 or 057: more likely by 056s. Seeing how some of the newest 053H3 are being refitted: 2x 7-barrel gatling CIWS, 8-round FL3000N)
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...-admiral-zakaullah.470829/page-4#post-9086501
CH%2B053H3%2B-%2B2.jpg

Last edited:
Posted Aug 28, 2016
STM General Manager Davut Yılmaz : " I hereby would like to share that within a very short time STM will announce another important accomplishment that will bring a smile to our country.”. STM has been in contact with the related parties in order to develop new corvette project, like MİLGEM, in order to meet the needs of Pakistan Navy.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/stm-to-develop-new-covette-project-for-pak-navy.446431/

Aug 29, 2016Bilal Khan -
In its official press release, the Turkish shipbuilder Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik ve Ticaret A.Ş. (STM Turkey) noted that it was in talks with Pakistan “in order to develop [a] new corvette project, like MILGEM, in order to meet the needs of [the] Pakistan Navy.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/stm-...oject-for-pak-navy.446431/page-4#post-8630971

STM LF-2400 light frigate
LF-2400_4_zps75c6f024.jpg

STM C-1200 corvette
C-1200_2_zpsd61a1e62.jpg

Pics courtesy Cabatli_53

Singapore Technologies Marine (ST Marine) introduced ST Marine Next Generation Frigate
2x8 cell VLS, 6x4 AShM
NGF.jpg

See also http://kementah.blogspot.nl/2013/05/republic-of-singapore-navy-formidable_19.html

ST Marine Next Generation OPV 95m
OPV95.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom