What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

i dont know cricketers like nuts make huge scores against us *** hole these droped catches i hope it will not happen in second test and why younis is not in the team if he was there i dont see it happens any way from here hope and wish and pray for the best for PAKISTAN i hope firstly they bellieve on themselves and dont get nervous i knew if austrlians wont get wickets they will make dirty sounds to destrub batsman i hope our batsman overcome it INSHAHALLAH specially MOHAMMAD YOUSUF should play big innings and umer akmal should go to 70s and misbah make atleast 50 to 80 than we have a really good chance INSHAHALLAH this time ALLAH will permit us to win

I hope that Younis is available for the second test. I don't see selfish Misbah or Kamran Akmal winning this test for Pakistan.

Pakistan require another 252 runs with 7 wickets remaining

You might win, think positive.

I have all my doubts with our batting only a miracle can win us this match, although not much is required to get. If they just play 90 overs tomorrow without displaying any flurry, they can do it .

O Lord please fix the holes in the hands of Pakistani fielders, ours bowlers will do the rest in coming matches. :pakistan:

Pakistan require another 252 runs with 7 wickets remaining

You might win, think positive.

I would sooooo like to think that we would.....but v v difficult to sustain 5 th days' pressure....lot depends on the first session....and even if we survive with few wickets....aussies will use negative tactics such as bouncers and wides in order to force a draw....but even thats a wishful thinking....Even a draw would be no less then a victory after all the fielding blunders.....

:) lets hope

Come on man just 3 down and Yusuf is still there.

This match will likely see a result. The most probable result is, of course, that Australia will win handsomely. All they need are two or three more wickets, and we're into our tail. However, on the flip side, if we can get at least one 100 run partnership, we have a good chance of making a match out of it. Either way, if Yousuf plays for a draw with 90 overs remaining, it will be a gigantic mistake.

The fact that Pakistan still has some outside chance of winning, or at least salvaging respect, is entirely due to some absolutely superb bowling on the part of Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Asif, Saeed Ajmal and, surprisingly, Abdur Rauf beginning about 1.5 hours prior to tea-break. Australia led by nearly 400 runs, and yet their batsmen were the ones who seemed under stress, not the bowlers. Ricky Ponting knew that he had to declare before mid-day to give his bowlers a shot at winning, so he would have given his batsmen the license to accelerate the pace of scoring and mount an insurmountable target for a frail Pakistan batting line-up (maybe even 500+). However, his batsmen couldn't achieve that due to some exciting bowling and captaincy - I must give full credit to Mohammad Yousuf, he showed great captaincy by having the bowlers bowl tight and set the field to give nothing away. At one point, we had 5 straight maidens (minus 1 Wide), and we forced Watson to hop around and play like an idiot in his 90s. I've been reading on Cricinfo how "masterful" his innings was; they seemed to have forgotten that he was frustrated to the point where it was comical for the Pakistani players. There were 1 genuine knicks, 1 close leg-stump bowled chance, quite a few false shots, a lot of edged and mis-timed strokes and 1 definite catching chance in the 66 minutes it took him to get from 90 to 100 - and yet, all I read is how well he played. Honestly, if he wins man-of-the-match despite Aamer's 5-wicket haul at the age of 17, it will be murder.

Overall, I think from midway through yesterday, we were starting to get a few things right. Like I've said before, out batsmen are long overdue for a miracle, and I get a slight feeling that today might be it. Yousuf must play a Captain's knock, he seemed to have found his timing and finesse yesterday, some of his stroke-play was just heavenly (nobody plays a more eye-pleasing cover-drive than this man). Umar Akmal, too, has a chance to make us appreciate his talents even more. With him in there, the run-rate won't dip too much, that's for sure. Let's hope for the best, we're in for some exciting cricket - if we're still in with a chance at Lunch-time, I think the Aussies are in for a rude awakening.

Irrespective of what happens today, I know for sure that the rest of the series is going to be a much more balanced one. With Kaneria fit, Gul's return (Abdur Rauf has not impressed me at all) and (hopefully) the return of Younis Khan, we should be in for some exciting cricket. Maybe Fawad Alam should be given a shot as well, he is an all-rounder, and can provide much needed batting depth without sacrificing bowling too much.

Last edited:
We need to just play like we do. Just play normally...this is the situation Pakistan has been in MOSTLY. We need centuries from our batsmen..no loose shots.

For the next test we need to keep faith in Umer Gul, where i think Waqar will help him improve alot. It will take pressure off Asif. Aamer is just doing great. Kaneria needs to replace Ajmal.

Batting vice we dont have much options. We keep the same guys.

This match will surely see a result and it is perfectly balanced atm, may be just a little tilted towards Aus. The first session of play will be very crucial and Pakistan need to play sensible cricket and the man who can get em home is Md. Yousuf. No need to rash at all. If you play full 3 sessions you winand special congrats to Aamer, he certainly has all the talent to become a great fast bowler. Personally I would love to see a Pakistan win here.

Go Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom