What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

Afridi wants a comeback. The two ball batsman must be joking.

well this two ball batsman is not joking. I still remember when in a test match he hit 4 sixsers to harbajan singh.
This two ball batsman has no selfrespect neither does he repect any bowler.
He will commit a suicide or else annihlate the bowler.:pakistan:

^^^^

I saw him (afridi) live in action ...He's a very good player but lake of concentration... He tempted so easly ....Par jab marta hai tu boller ki patlon gili hojati hai ...:D

well this two ball batsman is not joking. I still remember when in a test match he hit 4 sixsers to harbajan singh.
This two ball batsman has no selfrespect neither does he repect any bowler.
He will commit a suicide or else annihlate the bowler.:pakistan:

That sort of thinking isnt good enuf for test cricket. You either need a Gilchrist/Sehwag with fantastic hand/eye coordination to score in all conditions or a Younis/Kallis to fight a ball by ball battle and score runs on occasional opportunities. A technically sound Yousuf helps but he can only do so much as a single player.

That sort of thinking isnt good enuf for test cricket. You either need a Gilchrist/Sehwag with fantastic hand/eye coordination to score in all conditions or a Younis/Kallis to fight a ball by ball battle and score runs on occasional opportunities. A technically sound Yousuf helps but he can only do so much as a single player.

yep, you saw sehwag playing murli in the last ind vs sri lanka test serias.

sehwag is really good player.

i wish we will get out of this period of madness i blame pcb why they do not allow younis when he is needed he dont play when he not they play him the best thing for any player to be inform its test cricket why they forgot that best way of getting batsman inform is to play him in test

i wish we will get out of this period of madness i blame pcb why they do not allow younis when he is needed he dont play when he not they play him the best thing for any player to be inform its test cricket why they forgot that best way of getting batsman inform is to play him in test

but PCB has a vlid point that Younis have not socred in the doemstic final (12 runs in 2 innings) on the other hand you have Faisal & Misbah who both scored more runs than Younis on an Austrailian picth under pressure.

yep, you saw sehwag playing murli in the last ind vs sri lanka test serias.

sehwag is really good player.

Sehwag is a good player like many other S. Asian batsmen but he and others still need to prove themselves on Austrailin pitches.

Ha ha..well done Asif & co. It's always great to see the Aussies getting thrashed. Just don't lose the plot. Play sensibly and you will win. Ponting 0, first ball duck :rofl:. Great going so far :pakistan:

What a fantastic performance by Pakistani bowlers in the first session. Reducing Australia to 67 for 7 after 27 overs at Sydney, despite missing arguably the best bowler in the line-up! I just could not have hoped for a better start than this.

When Ricky Ponting said "we'll have a bat" after winning the toss, I was shocked. Firstly, a day before the first day of the match the curator declared that he would prepare a pitch that would assist fast-bowling. Secondly, I have been watching Cricket long enough to know that overcast skies, moist atmosphere and a damp track always assist fast bowlers, especially those that rely on swing (like Mitchel Johnson). Add to all of this the fact that the you don't really require any help from the pitch to demolish the Pakistani batsmen, all you have to do is take a wicket, and our batsmen will do the rest for you. And despite all this, he chose to bat first! Unbelievable decision, I looked at my dad right after he made it and said this isn't the best decision, he is underestimating our pace bowlers. And guess what, Sami and Asif vindicated me. Boy Ponting would want that decision back now.

As for Pakistani bowling. One word sums it up... brilliant! Great accuracy, great skill, great speed and great energy, all coupled with amazing Captaincy by Mohammad Yousuf who put the fielders in the right places and never let off the pressure. Those who had questioned the inclusion of Mohammad Sami (quite a few here on this forum) have been answered by the man himself, he charged in with great vigor, bowled ferociously and got what he deserved. He vindicated those of us who had supported his inclusion. For Mohammad Asif, it was a case of another day, another great bowling performance. He bowled the way he has bowled for years, and why shouldn't he when it can get results like these? This is a pitch that will reward those who bowl in the right areas (sorry Mr. Benaud), that's for sure, and Asif always bowls in the right areas. I think Umar Gul needs a shot of confidence in the arm, he seems low on confidence today. He was charging in as usual (he's a habitual hard worker), but he wasn't scheming against the batsmen like he usually does. It seemed he was just bowling, not out-thinking the batsmen, which is a clear sign of low-confidence. Mohammad Yousuf should let Gul bowl to the tail-enders as much as possible, not only because he generally eats up tail-enders for dinner, but because getting a wicket or two will likely do wonders for his confidence. His catch to dismiss Ponting was a gem, it didn't get the applause it deserved from the commentators, but it was A++ by Pakistani standards. That should give him a bit of confidence as well. A confident Gul as as deadly as any bowler in the World.

All in all, an amazing first session. If we get Australia out for less than 100, it will be a great psychological blow. With out batting line-up, victory is never in the bag, but our bowlers have done everything possible to ensure the batsmen can't screw this one up. Let's hope it continues.

Ha ha..well done Asif & co. It's always great to see the Aussies getting thrashed. Just don't lose the plot. Play sensibly and you will win. Ponting 0, first ball duck :rofl:. Great going so far :pakistan:

jaunty, u hate Aussies, they won against us in ICC Champions Trophy...:yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom