What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

Well there is some hope for future:

The acceleration was smooth for a good stretch, with Fawad playing well. Between overs 21.2 and 34.2 there were only three boundaries as Hopes and Hauritz were able to operate largely unmolested, but with each run the pair added Pakistan inched towards a respectable total. Fawad timed the ball well from the start, getting off the mark with a controlled steer off a Johnson yorker, and then found the gaps far more consistently than any of the other batsmen did.

Umar raised his fifty from 87 balls but once the stand was broken - and it took a clever slower delivery from McKay to do it - Australia tightened the screw again superbly by taking the last six wickets for 54 runs in 53 deliveries; Harris took his tally to 13 wickets in three consecutive games and McKay snared 4 for 35. Despite pushing Australia to the limit under lights, a target of 213 wasn't enough.

Calm Hussey seals 5-0 whitewash | Australia v Pakistan, 5th ODI, Perth Report | Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

My person reaction was a shock but I realized that Malik has been a Pakistan captain and he is/ has been the captain of Sialkot Stallions as well so makes sense.

Well I settled on his name after initial permutation and combinations.

Well i hope afridi's hunger has subsided now.... though he should be given some apples to bit on....

To me Afridi is a T20 and ODI player and he should captain T-20 but ODI command is not for him because remaining sane for 100 overs it is beyond Afridi.

The Afridi incident is by far the dumbest thing I have seen on a cricket field. But this is not something very new to him. He was caught on camera trying to damage the pitch before as well.

But at the cost of sounding racist, I have to say that "white" players get away with all sorts of things. See the following video, it is a clear case of ball tampering. But Anderson and Broad did not face any punishment for that.

Later Michael Vaughan admits himself about the partial treatment of players from subcontinent.

If this had been a game involving Pakistan, and Shoaib Akhtar or Mohammad Asif had been pictured using their fingers on the ball, there would have been uproar. As it was, Anderson is a lucky man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...n-lucky-to-escape-ban-for-ball-tampering.html

Now have a look at the following video of Dravid in Australia--

He was charged with ball tampering charges for this. Dravid with a clean track record received punishment for something which could very well be just a genuine mistake. (See @ 0.09, it seems he was trying to remove the stain). Intentional or unintentional, I have no problem with Dravid being punished, but then why is this double standard. Talking about Dravid another incident comes to mind. This was of Michael Slater in Mumbai. He got away with just a warning for the following conduct.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me Afridi is a T20 and ODI player and he should captain T-20 but ODI command is not for him because remaining sane for 100 overs it is beyond Afridi.

Agreed but what other option de we have. All other seniour players have been tried and have failed miserably...but i agree Afridi is too irresposible to lead pakistan specially after this ball chewing incident.

thank god the punishment is very less

it was such an open tampering though hahahahahahah, extremely foolish

He should have been punished more. What a shame he brought for the cricket and country.
These bloody low IQ ppl have always brought controversies. I don't know when they will go mature enough to carry themselves in a dignified way:hitwall::hitwall:

Agreed but what other option de we have. All other seniour players have been tried and have failed miserably...but i agree Afridi is too irresposible to lead pakistan specially after this ball chewing incident.

Go back to the basics when nothing works. We started with Younus a scaptain because he has potential to lead.

Make Younus captain again and get rid of Kamran Akmal, Misbah and Malik from the ODI and T20 team. All three of them are politicians and this whole mess is result of their acts during the Sri Lanka tour. They under performed on purpose.

Second think bring Khalid Latif, Fawad Alam, Sarfraz, Yasir Hameed and Asim Kamal back into the tests and ODIs (as per their suitability)

Shame on Afridi what a joke. Every one wanted him as captain and look what he did. Pathan er realy kar damag and thats why need to in team

All the players of Pakistan team should be stopped from playing cricket and noone from media should cover them for next 6 months ... trust me they will all be back on track

The end of a painful tour​

Hats off to Austrailia for playing so well consistently. They are a thoroughly professional unit which plays like a team. They are a team which is both physically and mentally strong and fit.

On the other hand, Pakistani team is strong on papers but weak and disoriented in action. A team which is completely out of shape, confidence and form.

Physical strength and fitness is a major problem but this can be improved with exercises and training, however, there is no cure for their mental issues. Our team can't take pressure at all; whether it be bad pressure (fear of losing) or good pressure (excitement of wining).

From ball one, our shers look worried and confused. They look like as they are about to get their ***** kicked for not doing home work. Thanks to Allah that our bowling was a little better than our batting otherwise it would have been even worst.

Aus: 5 centuries; 7 fifties and 5 ducks in test series.
Pak: 1 century; 7 fifties and 8 ducks in test series.

Statistics | Pakistan tour of Australia | Cricinfo.com

I don't know how many catches were dropped but I am sure that figure should be higher than the series batting average of many Pakistani players.

I hope and pray that Malik, Misbah and Kamran Akaml never come back to play another test match for Pakistan. I also hope and pray that Younus Khan is back as captain for both Test and ODI teams.

Heads need to roll ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom